• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

Wikipedia said:
In an interview, Hickenlooper stated that Thorpe told him that if he was planning to run for president, she was willing to remain married. Hickenlooper referred to her offer as "amazingly generous", but declined, stating later he didn't wish to prolong her unhappiness.
Uhh

he is a genuine word eater, Trump picked to worst talker out of his 3 choices

Because even though Newt and Christie have no political futures, they still don't want history to look at them with utter contempt, so when Trump asked Newts response was "I see myself more as an advisor." and Christies "I think I've got a good thing going on this burger run bullshit."

Warren has to be the choice.

Her campaign event with Clinton was pure sizzling liberal fire.

Hillary has none of that fire alone, Kaine even amplifies that distinct lack of fire.

Diablos

Chris Christie is dead. Newt Gingrich is dead. I'm dead.

ZM69wPn.jpg

kirblar

Warren has to be the choice.

Her campaign event with Clinton was pure sizzling liberal fire.

Hillary has none of that fire alone, Kaine even amplifies that distinct lack of fire.
The problem is that while Biden Gaffes are funny, Warren "Gaffes" aren't likely to be gaffes, they're likely to be exposed fault lines.

HylianTom

Banned
The look on Warren's face in the car as she was leaving Hillary's residence was one of sheer happiness. I'd love to know what's going on.

Stop trying to plagiarize my fanfic.
I asked Hillary if I could be her VP in a classroom. It was the first time I’d seen her campaign, and I was already in love with her, but watching her speech let me see one more thing about her — and that was it. When the speech was over and the supporters had cleared out, she came up to me and asked, somewhat hesitantly, “Uh, what did you think?”

“What can I say? Will you be on the ticket with me?”

She stared back at me. It was not the first (or last) time that I gob smacked her. If I was a hard-charging, go-to-the-mat-for-whatever-you-believe kind of professor, she was more of a scholarly, camping-out-in-the-archives-poring-over-an-old-legal-manuscript kind. I’m usually the one with the wild schemes, and she’s usually the voice of reason, calmly explaining why all of Trump's books end at Chapter 11.

But she blinked a couple of times, then jumped in with both feet. “OK.”
To make sure the deal was sealed, I smiled and said, “Good. Let’s do it.”

It made no sense at all. Hillary was campaigning in Connecticut, and I was in the Senate in Massachusetts. And besides, there was the small matter of the fact that I had a complicated situation: I was in a state with a Republican Governor, and joining her would hurt our bid to retake it; Hillary didn't have to deal with any of the above — She could hve picked Tim Kaine, Tom Perez, Julian Castro, and never have to deal with the headache — but she never hesitated.
We decided to become running mates today. It made no sense at all, but maybe that’s how love works. All I know is that I’m sure glad I asked — and sure glad she said yes.

r

The look on Warren's face in the car as she was leaving Hillary's residence was one of sheer happiness. I'd love to know what's going on.
Clinton asked her to call if she needs anything or has any questions.

Castro probably got the "don't call us, we'll call you" schtick.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I am sad we have to wait a full week.

Also Romney got not convention bump true but how much of that was because he was Romney? If nothing else I feel like trumpvention should be not boring.

Sibylus

Banned
Obama better call his bluff. Unless he wants the full wrath of NATO on him he won't do anything.

I don't see how he can fail to. If this is what it appears to be, a NATO member holding another's service members hostage, failure to react strongly is tantamount to sounding the alliance's death knell (not to mention that of your international influence). Nuclear weapons sharing, US service personnel in your borders, collective security? Fuck off Erdogan. You're going to lose it all playing this game, and I hope you keep it up.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'd say no to Warren only because we need her to still be in the Senate. More democrats in the Senate is a good thing.
I don't think the vp does much but I really would enjoy the few post pick polls where Hillary bounces like three points. It's worth it. This county sucks anyway!

I am sad we have to wait a full week.

Also Romney got not convention bump true but how much of that was because he was Romney? If nothing else I feel like trumpvention should be not boring.

Oh it won't be boring.

But it will be the most classless thing tied to presidential politics since Andrew Jackson and I really hope the people at large feel the same.

I see no way it won't be this WWE wannabe clusterfuck of racism, Clinton conspiracies, and unfiltered hate.

I'm actually kind of scared at how ugly it could be.

At the RNC:

CngEKcfW8AExKL1.jpg:large

Jennifer GriffinVerified account
‏@JenGriffinFNC
Fox's Carl Cameron has learned the Trump campaign is changing its logo, dubbed the "TP" logo which drew ridicule on social media.

I can only imagine the line for the white elevators.

True story: I toured a college that had boy elevators and girl elevators. It was a Christian college and they wanted to keep the genders separated. I was fine with this arrangement for obvious reasons.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
You've never seen Trump's penthouse?
I'm sure I've tried to avoid it. Generally speaking, I think gold is ugly and tacky. The extremes to which Trump takes it is utterly offensive to my aesthetic taste.

This gay Republican on television is making my head hurt. WHY would you do this to yourself? My lord.

Oh, she might leave the party?! Well, welcome to reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom