• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Poorly Decorated Cakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

t-storm

This reminds me of the time I went to my local grocery store for a video-game related cake, one with Rosalina on it. It was for me (yes, I buy cakes for myself on my birthday, it's not weird lots of people do it I bet), and I got the weirdest looks when I asked them to do it. To add insult to injury, they didn't even know who Rosalina was. Yes, believe it or not, there are people who are employed to create children cakes who don't know who Rosalina is. Please, don't face-palm all at once. One of them at least knew what Mario was, but pointed to one of the stock cakes they have with Princess Peach on it. I had to hold back my laughter so I didn't offend them.

To make a long story short, I actually had to go home and print some pictures of Rosalina off to show them---just to be safe, I went with five good pictures, some official renders, some of it really high quality Rosalina fan art (choosing which ones to use was a difficult matter in itself) just to make sure they got her good side.

eT4hhtb.jpg

As you can see, I was NOT satisfied with it and complained to the manager. This got me the cake for free and, hey, I was happy. I felt guilty getting it for totally free though, I just wanted a discount, so I bought some cupcakes along with it. Light blue and yellow like Rosalina, of course.

I felt bad eating the cake so I kind of just let it sit on my kitchen counter for awhile, and when it started to melt, put it in my freezer. It's still in there---I don't have the heart to eat it. :(
Uh...

Komo

Banned
This reminds me of the time I went to my local grocery store for a video-game related cake, one with Rosalina on it. It was for me (yes, I buy cakes for myself on my birthday, it's not weird lots of people do it I bet), and I got the weirdest looks when I asked them to do it. To add insult to injury, they didn't even know who Rosalina was. Yes, believe it or not, there are people who are employed to create children cakes who don't know who Rosalina is. Please, don't face-palm all at once. One of them at least knew what Mario was, but pointed to one of the stock cakes they have with Princess Peach on it. I had to hold back my laughter so I didn't offend them.

To make a long story short, I actually had to go home and print some pictures of Rosalina off to show them---just to be safe, I went with five good pictures, some official renders, some of it really high quality Rosalina fan art (choosing which ones to use was a difficult matter in itself) just to make sure they got her good side.

eT4hhtb.jpg

As you can see, I was NOT satisfied with it and complained to the manager. This got me the cake for free and, hey, I was happy. I felt guilty getting it for totally free though, I just wanted a discount, so I bought some cupcakes along with it. Light blue and yellow like Rosalina, of course.

I felt bad eating the cake so I kind of just let it sit on my kitchen counter for awhile, and when it started to melt, put it in my freezer. It's still in there---I don't have the heart to eat it. :(

Oh not this again, lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom