• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Flop

Banned
First off, making me pick between two of my favs is evil. How do I decide?

When+someone+asks+you+did+you+study_3181c3_4281550.gif

Now onto the importance of this post. X Factor US Season 2 is coming for your favs weaves.

Firstly... little Bea Miller is beating out Carly Rose Hew at her first single. Her song "Young Blood" is rising on the radio charts and she is perched to become one of the youngest top 40 hit artists ever.

Next we have the feircest bitch on XFactor US. CeCe with her new/debut single "Dead 2 Me" Coming for those Ke$ha rose teas.

Then we have my girls Fifth Harmony about to snatch the wigs right off the haters. They are coming this week. First up some MTV promo and a cover of NKOTB "Right Stuff" and tonight a livestream where they hopefully will reveal their next single that's going to blast the merkins right off your favs.

tumblr_ndx5qkKZTm1svxwvwo1_500.png

Also in non X factor related news. Karmin has gone indie and I'm loving their new vibe.

Sugar
Yesterday

You may now continue spilling your tea.

tumblr_mjpvuvIVh11qfq3x1o1_400.gif

royalan

These poor Taylor Swift fans on Jimmy Kimmel tonight...;__;

Apparently Taylor is "performing." Deciding whether or not to change the channel.

All my life I’ve been so lonely
All in the name of being holy
Still, you’d like to think you know me
You keep buyin’ stars
And you could buy up all of the stars,
But it wouldn’t change who you are
You’re still living life in the dark
It’s just who you are
It’s just who you are

1497.gif

Mau ®

But instead it's Swift's best work -- a sophisticated pop tour de force that deserves to be as popular commercially as with Robyn-worshipping blog--gers; an album that finds Swift meeting Katy and Miley and Pink on their home turf and staring them down.

The praise is real
67d90ee8.gif

Touchdown

Banned
1995: Daydream album: diamond selling, 3 number ones including song of the decade - One Sweet Day. 25 million sold worldwide

2005: The Emancipation of Mimi album: 2 number ones, 1 number 2 including song of the decade - We Belong Together. 7 million sold worldwide

2015: (New comeback album including much slayage)

ibH7V0jfU8DR5.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
1995: Daydream album: diamond selling, 3 number ones including song of the decade - One Sweet Day. 25 million sold worldwide

2005: The Emancipation of Mimi album: 2 number ones, 1 number 2 including song of the decade - We Belong Together. 7 million sold worldwide

2015: (New comeback album including much slayage)

ibH7V0jfU8DR5.gif

Looking at the decline from 25m to 7m that means -11m for 2015?

We were two kids just trying to get out
Lived on the dark side of the American dream
We would dance all night, play our music loud
But when we grew up, nothing was what it seemed

tumblr_mnrbf0a4Yu1rmzywzo1_250.gif

honestly when will anyone

Vazduh

Stefan™;135674740 said:
apparently, wildest dreams is a mix of lana and lorde. sounds similar to lana's without you imo.

bad blood snippet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-d1pAa4FfE

more style snippet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEH2guYy5lg

This sounds nice, although I'm mostly looking forward to the album because of Max Martin, and not Taylor, tbh.

loling at the first comment:

If you dont delete this videos RIGHT NOW I'M GONNA REPORT YOU

smh

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Ok I will concede a point, Wildest Dreams sounds like a legit bop

Styles

If Wildest Dreams bears a hint of Lana del Ray, there’s something hugely cheering about the way Swift turns the persona of the pathetic female appendage snivelling over her bad-boy boyfriend on its head. Ramping up the melodrama by way of Be My Babyish drums, Wildest Dreams paints the man as the victim, doomed to spend the rest of his life haunted by what he’s carelessly lost.

They went in on Lana.
ed2305b7.png

Nnnnn NOT Kelly Clarkson taking the lead this morning. Where's the #NAVY at?

With that said, huge turnout on this round. They're only a couple of votes apart so as far as I'm concerned this is still RiRi's match to lose.

Remember, whoever's eliminated this round is out for good, so choose wisely!! ...

PM me your vote today! And thank you so much to those that already voted!

Popjustice review of 1989

Sonic landscape aside, the vital element in the brilliance of ‘1989’ is that the songwriting is of a phenomenally high standard. As well as being expertly written the majority of these songs are also skilfully structured – ‘1989’ is an album of great post-choruses and great middle eights accompanying the expected barrage of extraordinary choruses. Repetition is used sparingly, repetition is used knowingly, repetition is used to great effect. ‘1989’ is the sound of a popstar whose powers are scaling new heights finding the perfect executive producer in the shape of Max Martin, whose formidable talents are going at full throttle on a number of these songs. Ultimately, there’s a clarity of vision that’s virtually unrivalled in the current pop scene.

Fans of Taylor’s earlier work complain that this former country singer (was she ever, really, an actual country singer?) now makes electronic pop music ‘like everybody else’. The truth is, nobody else is making electronic pop music quite like this.

(entire review here)

Waffle aside, there are loads of top tunes here. ’1989’ feels effortlessly enchanting, and of course, it’s not effortless at all – this is a laser-guided pop – but there’s a feeling of relaxed charm to most of these songs, and it’s a feeling many artists find hard to engineer. Taylor pulls it off. This is not a perfect album, but it does contains enough perfect songs (three) plus enough 9/10s (three) and few enough sub-5/10s (none) to make it the best album of 2014, not to mention the best of Taylor’s career.

eek.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom