• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post a photo of you with a celebrity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Less creepy? Me and Jeb.

27389952122_b8526b7375_h.jpg

Gazunta

Back in...2007? NeoGAF's very own Demi
Free Demi
let me know that Nick Frost and Simon Pegg were in Melbourne for the premiere of Hot Fuzz. Demi, you see, runs the Nick Frost fan site and got me tickets. What a champ <3

Unfortunately, even though I was in Melbourne that night, I had a prior engagement at a hotel in the city and couldn't attend. Bummer.

Anyway, the next morning I'm having breakfast in the hotel restaurant with the wife and who do I spy eating breakfast a few tables over...Nick Frost and Simon Pegg!

Now here's the thing. I'm usually pretty good about recognising that celebrities are people and they need their private time too.
Unless I'm drunk and at GDC, sorry Nintendo
so I think, no, I'm not going to go over while they're just having a quiet breakfast, that would be rude. Besides, as much as I loved Shaun of the Dead I wasn't what you'd call a OMG HUGE FAN, so I didn't really feel the pressing need to geek out.

A couple of minutes later I'm going up to get more bagels and as it happens Nick comes up behind me in line. I figure I might as well say SOMEthing and since we more-or-less have a mutual friend in Demi it wouldn't be too fanboyish to say hello. Turns out he's a super nice chap. Asked if I went to the premiere the night before and when I said I couldn't he said I made the right call. I like people who don't take themselves seriously. We talked about Demi and the site for a bit. Got a photo:

jkj2QK7N_0ohuOlsgL2A7uZc9EE_w8mjP-0bDthCyr3zNtVPiHBY1PS1DqNOyL42tgbZyfBpupmmsVA0tG2-rGxtf5cp_TouSJU8JffUe6qHfa4XcjlHo_lNLaQFvagyrqXZ6KKUqRQROcWWgO91Tjc1iE7XhM7Z1CES36ldG9KD4MkogtqDWUZK6tSh80BvJ7t4MrYGl9k_KrPqgq9nmPy_TjOzZqjw39TW1hZ8dIa3rBiMDvfb6JfytU9-zDIQnZqYdl6xUciB04LwejG9kv8nosiaeiPqkf-mBEF2ekwQpqzWCRiJt79Ih4mtY-tNDsCv49shC9MRoUNBk2lIdxgDK-pIZMUp-1KaI4M2kbFN7gs0MspTUUN3ygUIFJMo6W0mkIS3eqeCmB_kvcn7PNlEcdaWL2QVfMbbhBV2YP_Bku9xWFem0sMqQ44s4k1uMzv0EKFCBXR_BHVigUHi9BBTiHmwWDyev9EdtiPKym5qRvmvZG7OOGPWtzDiaSdQM-Izu9d213CRLKbsLtu1xTWtmBny8Dx8lBPuhqXtWJPMtwTjZtG_zpSRFwsoDWFrKDxzDmZ1ycAKTUfjHJuMxVZX6gu7cRS2=w416-h312-no

Nick's on the right, I'm the OTHER fat guy with glasses who hasn't had a hit for ten years

While I'm finishing up the conversation with Nick I spy Simon approaching, with an expression that could be fairly described as "fine, you want an autograph or whatever, let's just get this over and done with".

I blank him.

I blanked Simon Pegg and went back to my bagels.

Isn't there a GAFer who works at the Dublin airport or something in Ireland and all he does at his job is keep running into Hollywood celebs at the airport and gets his pics with them?

That guy would kill it at this thread, waiting for his photos!

Yes, and he's taking pictures with Alan Tudyk

No no, I know who he is, but the pen in his pocket, is it from the P & T show?

Me with Chobot at the 2009 PS3 Slim press event. Don´t know why i had that awful beard.. :D

file08322us7m.jpg

I spent a few days cooped up with Chobot during the Santa Monica E3. My production team and I were running LiveWire. Not a fan of hers. She asked me to run to Starbucks for her (I was producing the effing stream, not a gofer). I go, wait in line forever, get her some crazy obnoxious drink, run back and within 1 minute of taking it, she spills it all over the floor. She also never offered to pay.

Not a fan..

after a thermals show I snuck out around the back of the Newport music Hall and asked hutch Harris to take a picture with me and sign my fuckin a album.

but now looking at it I really wish I wouldn't have bothered him. he was loading stuff into a van and I'm sure he was annoyed. I think I bummed him an American spirit at least..

I met Fred and George Weasley yesterday in the dallas fan expo, but couldn't take a pic with them as it wasn't allowed :'(

I got a pic of me with the thing they signed for me though lol

Loxley

From left to right: Me, my sister, Buzz Aldrin, and my dad.

P3p5Yvb.jpg

It was at an educational expo that my sister helped organize and Buzz was a "keynote speaker" of sorts (side note: Buzz Aldrin is kind of insane in his old age).

dvolovets

Damn. Paco is a legend. Cool photo!

One of my favorite memories... so nerve-wracking too!! I spent months preparing for the possibility of performing for him, I didn't even know if it would happen since normally they are pretty tight w/ security and all that stuff. Luckily it did happen! :D

Not me, but my bro has a photo with Gwen Stefani taken waaaaay back in the lat nighties with a film camera, meaning not only I have to sip through photo albums and boxes of actually physical print of photos...I have to find it, scan it and post it here.. so fuck it!

Preferably non-photoshopped.

Years ago, I was at a conference in South Beach. After leaving a club with a few customers, we stumbled into a beachside Irish pub. One of the women in our group noticed George Wendt from Cheers and the actor who played John-Boy Walton sitting at a table. They were in town for a production of 12 Angry Men. The woman approached Norm and asked for a photo. He gladly obliged and I snapped the picture. Not wanting to pass up the opportunity, I asked him the same question and he snarled.. So I stood behind him and the girl took the photo anyways.

8554649554_328a635694_b.jpg

Ignoring the fact that I'm fat as hell in the photo, please take notice of the beer stains on Norm's shirt. He stayed for another hour and then we got to witness him drunkenly stumble down the sidewalk hopefully towards his hotel.

He looks all kinds of drunk. I have met some famous people but I never asked for pictures, just interacted with them.

Hagi

I spent a few days cooped up with Chobot during the Santa Monica E3. My production team and I were running LiveWire. Not a fan of hers. She asked me to run to Starbucks for her (I was producing the effing stream, not a gofer). I go, wait in line forever, get her some crazy obnoxious drink, run back and within 1 minute of taking it, she spills it all over the floor. She also never offered to pay.

Not a fan..

You can see why she'd be confused thinking you were a gofer because when she asked you to go for something you did.

Chille

Not a fan..

It happens when you get her a foamy Latte

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMLCGnADyCM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom