• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Preorders for Xbox One X (standard edition) have started in Europe

Raide

Already got a Scorpio edition on order but I can see why some people might wait for regular edition. Not long now!

Rourkey

I’ve switched mine over, hacking a day one edition Xbox one always bugged me, everyone knows how old the console is for a start

sphinx

the piano man
not buying BUT...

I think MS should really put a display in stores with the best most modern TV and the best looking, most demanding game running on it.

if it's as powerful as they say, that can make the difference.

between it being a total disaster and a solid-if-not-spectacular result

Balboa

I really want to switch to standard but isn't it true that only the SCORPIO edition comes with the vertical stand? The stand is essential for me and I don't see them selling it seperately.

Fukuzatsu

not buying BUT...

I think MS should really put a display in stores with the best most modern TV and the best looking, most demanding game running on it.

if it's as powerful as they say, that can make the difference.

between it being a total disaster and a solid-if-not-spectacular result

What is that game for the X, in your opinion? Forza? Tomb Raider? Halo?

Podge293

I really want to switch to standard but isn't it true that only the SCORPIO edition comes with the vertical stand? The stand is essential for me and I don't see them selling it seperately.

You can buy it separately I do believe

It's 15 quid

I will wait for some replace plan to change my old one for the X.
I hope in game.es I can save something close to 100€. It worked for the switch...

Impulsor

I think the Scorpio console has some sort of texture

Not texture but kinda a fade from gray to black, from the right side to the left side if you are looking at it from the front and it is sitting horizontally.

It also has project scorpio written in green on the console right above the disc slot or something.

and on the pad.

Preordered a standard this morning. I looked at Game's bundles and the only one that sorta interested me (as in no Forza) was the one with AC: Origins but that looked like you saved about 3 pounds off standard (I suppose 3 months live makes it a bit better value) but in the end I just went with Amazon since they deliver to my office and I'm sure AC will be available for less than 30 by the time I jave a chance to play it after Christmas.

Now I just need a decent 4K TV in those Black Friday sales

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Have the Scorpio Edition on pre-order from VERY and decided to get a normal as well both for £360. Probably cancel the Scorpio though.

Izuna

Banned
I got an email for it and realised I really don't want this this year.

I mean, what the fuck is with that price. It just hit me how insane it is.

Tall Paul

Have the Scorpio Edition on pre-order from VERY and decided to get a normal as well both for £360. Probably cancel the Scorpio though.
Thanks for that mate much appreciated, just put one through, not showing in orders yet but hopefully all will be ok, great saving!

gamz

The price was announced months ago and who pre-orders something and doesn't look at the price?

Edit:. You didn't pre-order it. Sorry, read it wrong, but the price wasn't a secret.

borges

Banned

Price was not a secret. Do you really need to receive a preorder mail to realize that? :p

Xbox is still strong in the UK
dkkuqyuw0aayhkciuox5.jpg

Wait, is this year to date?

no. it's the hourly chart
it's an algorithm backed best-seller list. so not even purely POS based.

France for example has the Xbox One X at #3 and no PS edition charted
Italy has the Xbox One X PS edition at #10 and regular X at #19
Germany is not updated yet...

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Thanks for that mate much appreciated, just put one through, not showing in orders yet but hopefully all will be ok, great saving!

Should be fine. I got the same deal with the Project Scorpio edition back when orders were open and had no problem.

Guerrilla

no. it's the hourly chart
it's an algorithm backed best-seller list. so not even purely POS based.

France for example has the Xbox One X at #3 and no PS edition charted
Italy has the Xbox One X PS edition at #10 and regular X at #19
Germany is not updated yet...

Ah ok so looking at the product is pushing it up the list then?

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.

Is that through their 20% off your first credit offer?

It states that it's 10% for electrical...

Shiggy

and the funniest part about it
it's sold out in Germany on Amazon (as the only region right now)

0E7oTcrqREKyynQutNNcFQ.png

maybe very limited supply for Amazon.de

The Scorpio Edition didn't even make it into the top 100 where even the NES Mini is (and that barely got any shipments this year). The Xbox One simply isn't very big in Germany. For years, its main competitor was the Wii U. And the Xbox One only reached that system's sales once it was discontinued.

So it makes perfect sense to focus on NA and the UK when it comes to stock availability.

Also, MediaSaturn naturally get a larger stock allocation than Amazon.de.

The Scorpio Edition didn't even make it into the top 100 where even the NES Mini is (and that barely got any shipments this year). The Xbox One simply isn't very big in Germany. For years, its main competitor was the Wii U. And the Xbox One only reached that system's sales once it was discontinued.

So it makes perfect sense to focus on NA and the UK when it comes to stock availability.

Also, MediaSaturn naturally get a larger stock allocation than Amazon.de.

i know
but the German Xbox One market is at least close to the size of France

so that makes me wonder, why Amazon.de the only outsold retailer across Europe right now (at least that we're aware off)

Top Bottom