• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PROJECT BEAST (PS4, From Software/SCE Japan Studio) - First WebMs [Port beg = ban.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxi

Banned
Do you think From will keep coop/pvp in this game? I felt 'online' was a defining feature of the Souls games. It's why I spent 100 hours playing Dark Souls I. If it was a pure single player experience, I think I would have completed it once and would never have returned to the game again.

Really hope they keep both co-op and PVP in this game.
Co-op and PvP are almost guaranteed to stay in, since they're one of most well-received aspect of Souls and have been continually expanded.

Phantom Dust, Crackdown and Scalebound made it a great show.

If Sony only has Project Beast to show...

But MS are doing exactly what they did last year, a revealing games way too early. I think it's safe to say those games won't be out until 2016 given they don't yet have any gameplay to show, just like with the 2013 reveals of Fable Legends, Halo 5 and Quantum Break.

With the debatable exception of The Order (which was unfortunately delayed), Sony has of late been focusing on games in the shorter term, rather than mapping out their software for the next couple of years.

Co-op and PvP are almost guaranteed to stay in, since they're one of most well-received aspect of Souls and have been continually expanded.

This is assuming it's a "SOULS" game.

There's no guarantee this game will be another entry into that IP series.

It may well be.

But it may also be a standalone, single-player game. Maybe Open world? Who knows!

Maybe we find out in a couple hours!

T.O.P

Banned
I just want to see how guns works, is something that made me extremely hyped in the teaser and it's a really nice change of pace from the origins

Toxi

Banned
This is assuming it's a "SOULS" game.

There's no guarantee this game will be another entry into that IP series.

It may well be.

But it may also be a standalone, single-player game. Maybe Open world? Who knows!

Maybe we find out in a couple hours!
Even if it's not a Souls game, I doubt From is going to drop the thing that everybody loved about the Souls games.

Bundy

Banned
edit. Meh :/

So lets go and unveil this game already!
Can't wait! These small trailers and gifs are killing me already.
Last weeks were hard.

Donos

The online component is a MASSIVE part of the Souls experience, they'd be utter idiots if they removed it

Yup. The online components made up for a massive contribution to the immersive factors for me.

But not for everyone. Played 150 hours of Demon's Souls and most of it offline. When online, i was in soul form. Started Dark Souls and so far i had only been offline.

Don't need messages and don't want invaders. Still love the games.

Toxi

Banned
But not for everyone. Played 150 hours of Demon's Souls and most of it offline. When online, i was in soul form. Started Dark Souls and so far i had only been offline.

You missed the most creative boss fight in Demon's Souls.

Donos

You missed the most creative boss fight in Demon's Souls.

I know (old monk) but the moment i got there, i was already around slvl 180 (last boss on my first playthrough).

Would have played online when i would have played that game earlier. But now (started 2 month ago with DeS) i thought that only hardcore players would invade me and that would make my experience worse. I still appreciate what From did with the online system but i just don't want it for my playthroughs.

Drencrom

John Ricciardi just tweeted this: http://t.co/Pu6HBbQNEc

It's coming

hinAw.gif

aravuus

I played the first Dark Souls completely offline

When I played DS2 and helped another player for the first time, I realized I had done a massive mistake playing DS offline. I'm sure it's not for everyone but to me it's really important.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
GAF just went down 2 times in the last hour, it will not survive Sony's conference

Please prove me wrong Evilore

Toxi

Banned
I know (old monk) but the moment i got there, i was already around slvl 180.

Would have played online when i would have played that game earlier. But now (started 2 month ago with DeS) i thought that only hardcore players would invade me and that would make my experience worse. I still appreciate what From did with the online system but i just don't want it for my playthroughs.
Wow.

I've gotten some pretty good Old Monk experiences, but at that level you'd probably get some monsters.

Donos

I played the first Dark Souls completely offline

When I played DS2 and helped another player for the first time, I realized I had done a massive mistake playing DS offline. I'm sure it's not for everyone but to me it's really important.

DS2 is new and a lot off people are new to the game. Would play DS2 online now too.
When i started DeS a couple of month ago i read enough stories of hardcore players making new chars with good gear to invade low level players. Didn't want that.

When i have played more of DaS and get accustomed to the world/gear, i'm gonna go online and welcome the invaders.

But back to beast, online will be again an important part of their game. No doubt.

Knoxcore

But MS are doing exactly what they did last year, a revealing games way too early. I think it's safe to say those games won't be out until 2016 given they don't yet have any gameplay to show, just like with the 2013 reveals of Fable Legends, Halo 5 and Quantum Break.

With the debatable exception of The Order (which was unfortunately delayed), Sony has of late been focusing on games in the shorter term, rather than mapping out their software for the next couple of years.

This is funny considering it is Sony who has revealed games way too early. The Last Guardian, Agent, Driveclub. Hell even Uncharted 4 was announced too early.

There has been virtually no leaks about this conference. Given what we expected from MS and what we saw, I think it's safe to say Sony will not be announcing much. A few third party trailers/demos (MGS5, Destiny, Battlefield) and some stuff exclusive games (The Order, Driveclub, Project Beast, Uncharted [no gameplay]). A little on indies, PS3 and Vita, some business and we are done.

Salex_

This is funny considering it is Sony who has revealed games way too early. The Last Guardian, Agent, Driveclub. Hell even Uncharted 4 was announced too early.

There has been virtually no leaks about this conference. Given what we expected from MS and what we saw, I think it's safe to say Sony will not be announcing much. A few third party trailers/demos (MGS5, Destiny, Battlefield) and some stuff exclusive games (The Order, Driveclub, Project Beast, Uncharted [no gameplay]). A little on indies, PS3 and Vita, some business and we are done.

"MS information got leaked so Sony and Nintendo can't have surprises"

I'll come back to this post in 90 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom