• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PROJECT BEAST (PS4, From Software/SCE Japan Studio) - First WebMs [Port beg = ban.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

vpance

I want a 'lean' conference. All the meat, none of the fat.

You don't know how many times I've almost fallen asleep during Sony's E3 conferences.

You know, I kind of felt the same before. But after seeing MS simply rattle off trailer after trailer it was also kind of boring. Quality not quantity wins over all else.

Soriku

How long are we expecting the trailer to be? So far we got 20 seconds of it. Hoping it's at least a minute long.

Betty

Banned
Phantom Dust, Crackdown and Scalebound made it a great show.

If Sony only has Project Beast to show...

None of those were in game, I didn't need gameplay, but if there were at least in game I might have had a better idea on how good they might be.

Seeing Project beast, or hell, pretty much any game with it's actual graphics running will always beat CG trailers.

This but it's sony probably won't happen we will get updates on sales, non game stuff maybe. CG trailers must likely also if they show a lot of titles which are mostly going to be next year titles.

Agreed on the talk, it'll probably be similar to every other year they're not going to just jump from trailer-to-trailer, but it feels like they'll have the best trailers.

After getting burned I don't think they've resorted that heavily on CG in years outside of when necessary.

Toxi

Banned
Ahhhhh. Sure. I did not know that. That fanart legit looks like a woman, though, which is a bit of a shame given how awesome the rest of it is.
I think it's awesome that he looks like a bishounen, makes for a nice contrast to his scary voice and matches the "knight in shining armor" stereotype well.
I'm not a "Sony fan", but I am a huge Souls fan. If a Souls game was announced on the 3DO today, I'd go hunt down a 3DO.

Currently still playing Demon's Souls getting prepared for the hype. I need that Garl armor, though.
Don't worry, the Garl armor is easy to find (But unfortunately is male-only.).
Just amazing. It drips despair. Back when "Praise the Sun" meant something.
Uh... Perhaps you meant "Umbasa"?

dabig2

Not to impressed with a HD remake of Phantom Dust. Crackdown was nice, but a 2016 title most likely and no gameplay trailer. Scalebound...ditto.

And none of those titles had any gameplay to show....

Theres a reason people were disappointed.

I'm going to be disappointed if next year we're not going the get the same narrative that Microsoft is buying exclusivity left and right for the third year in a row, which ends up not being true.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Please don't be Demon's Souls 2 Please don't be Demon's Souls 2

Please be Demon's Souls 2 !

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

I will risk my pride and wager that this is not going to be called Demon's Souls 2 based on the aesthetic differences. Based on the aesthetic similarities, I am confident that the gameplay will contain plenty of Souls DNA.

Sid

I want this to be its own thing,don't dilute the Souls franchise,give us a Demon's Souls remaster in 1080p60 and I'm done.

Well they only have to show a couple of mins of gameplay footage of this to win E3, MS/EA conference's were so lackluster. Although sunset overdrive from that near 3 hour montage was a decent shoutout.

vpance

Logically if TLG shows up as anything other than a simple teaser trailer than that would be very surprising.

OT I saw that Solomon Kane movie the other day and this game really has that written all over it. No character creator in this I guess.

Koobion

Don't get your hopes up bro.

alg_salt_shaker.jpg

Don't understand why you're so bent on being negative towards Sony's conference. There's reasonable evidence to expect powerful, gameplay based trailers as we've seen with the Beast leaked footage.

Even TLG could have gameplay, since those assets have been in development for so long.

TheHater

All three of those titles you mention were CGI footage with no gameplay. At earliest, those games will coming in fall 2015 or 2016.
Get out of here with this bullshit.

Spongebob

Banned
You're camping every thread to spread this negativity and made a shit ton of threads based on silly rumors yesterday.

Aren't you bored yet?
http://phillipbrande.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/alg_salt_shaker.jpg[img]

Don't understand why you're so bent on being negative towards Sony's conference. There's reasonable evidence to expect powerful, gameplay based trailers as we've seen with the Beast leaked footage.

Even TLG could have gameplay, since those assets have been in development for so long.[/QUOTE]

Everything I'm saying is based soley on what insiders have reported.

Toxi

Banned
The Last Guardian is probably not showing up.

Just enjoy the games that are there, of which I'm sure there will be plenty. If The Last Guardian shows up (It won't), count it as a nice bonus.

So two CGI trailers for games coming in 2016 and and one CGI trailer for a game coming out late next year (at the earliest), makes it better. haha, okay dude.

Those games might be good, I guess we'll find out next E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom