• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project M 3.0 |OT| More Smash Bros. is a good thing

doing this before the Smash4 release is smart, especially if the possibility of a C&D by Nintendo would have gone up after Smash4's release.

Although i remember a rumor about it was unsubstantiated.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The facts were that Nintendo never acknowledged the existence of Project M directly, will the release of a new Smash game make Nintendo care about this game?

Will Nintendo allow Project M to exist when Smash U releases?

This is one of the reasons why I don't like this release date. Releasing this just a week before Smash 4 doesn't sound they they are respecting the new game, and that is the sort of thing I think could piss off Nintendo and lead them to putting their foot down.

In general though, as long as they don't feel threatened by it and the PMDT is not doing it for profit, they will probably let it go. Issuing a C&D or something (which would also cut it from streaming sites and stuff) would cause a pretty massive uproar in the Smash community since PM is the #2 game right now after Melee.

Fortunately, I don't think they can just wait until after Smash 4 releases and drop a C&D if Smash sales fall below expectations. That makes Nintendo look bad if they claim a fanmade mod of Brawl managed to significantly detract from Smash 4's sales.

doing this before the Smash4 release is smart, mostly if a C&D by Nintendo was expected some time after Smash4.

Although i remember a rumor about it was unsubstantiated.

The C&D claim was fake. That's not to say Nintendo definitely will never do anything, but nobody in the PMDT has heard anything about it and they are apparently operating under the assumption Nintendo will continue to not care.

Also, speaking strictly about PM, what's up with the whole #47 thing? I know it's been appearing in trailers and stuff, are they hinting at something?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
That trailer had some 200x ass music. Also 60fps on Youtube continues to look SO good.

That looked awesome, the revamped retro stages especially. I'm super excited to get it running and Dolphin and see how great everything is.

Pappasman

That makes Nintendo look bad if they claim a fanmade mod of Brawl managed to significantly detract from Smash 4's sales.

Not gonna lie, this trailer had me questioning if I really wanted to buy Smash 4...

Anyways, I really don't think Nintendo will do anything about PM unless they are forced into a situation in which they have to knowledge it exists (hence dropping it from APEX). If that situation ever happens they will have no choice but to shut down PM.

daxgame

something tells me on the long term I'm going to play 3.5 more than Smash 4. On the short term though I can't wait to try that one, too.

Dereck

I'm more for the idea of making Project M a part of Smash 4, not singling out one or the other. If Project M 3.5 was released as a standalone Wii U game with a robust online mode, I would play it. The fact is that more people are going to be playing Smash 4, at least in a way that I could play with them. I'll still play Project M though obviously

This is one of the reasons why I don't like this release date. Releasing this just a week before Smash 4 doesn't sound they they are respecting the new game, and that is the sort of thing I think could piss off Nintendo and lead them to putting their foot down.

In general though, as long as they don't feel threatened by it and the PMDT is not doing it for profit, they will probably let it go. Issuing a C&D or something (which would also cut it from streaming sites and stuff) would cause a pretty massive uproar in the Smash community since PM is the #2 game right now after Melee.

Fortunately, I don't think they can just wait until after Smash 4 releases and drop a C&D if Smash sales fall below expectations. That makes Nintendo look bad if they claim a fanmade mod of Brawl managed to significantly detract from Smash 4's sales.

1. It's not like this could be avoided, if it released after Smash 4 similar claims could be made regarding the release date.
2. There's no way Project M will seriously cut into Smash 4's sales, and even if it somehow did I don't think Nintendo can do much about it (would anyone even believe that to begin with? lol)

xezuru

Yeah, feel like getting people attention with a new OP would be great for the Dolphin Netplayers, my comp been actin like shit but man as it fun.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
If someone wants to make an OT for 3.5, they're free to steal the template of mine

I was actually wondering about that, might do it if no one else is interested.

Played some PM to balance out my Smash 4 play today, practiced some ledge play like nairs and dairs off the ledge. Hax dashing is a lot harder in 3.5. Managed it a few times, could get it down with practice.

Between practicing I'd beat up the ROB it put in training mode with me. Did an amazingly sick combo to KO the poor CPU and had to turn the game off. Just one of those "I will not do anything better than that for the rest of the week" moments.

And I'll take the lack of responses here to mean nobody is interested. And that not many people are probably even playing PM with Smash 4 being out. I'll work on an OT and probably post it when the 3.5.X update comes out. Should fix a number of problems (training room platforms, Justin Bailey Samus' eyes, Hanenbow music, among other things).

Top Bottom