• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Protesters Drown Out Richard Spencer At UF: "Fuck You Spencer!"

He wasn't sidestepping serious questions. He allowed back and forth dialogue with every person that asked a question. Were you even there? Did you watch the Q&A? I guess "fuck you" questions are more on your intellectual level. Hell, he didn't even sidestep stupid questions. They went at length to explain the punching incident.

It's 2017. We reject white supremacy. If white supremacy is an interesting idea to you, tweet at him or something. I'm sure he'll mail you a pamphlet.

rjinaz

He wasn't sidestepping serious questions. He allowed back and forth dialogue with every person that asked a question. Were you even there? Did you watch the Q&A? I guess "fuck you" questions are more on your intellectual level. Hell, he didn't even sidestep stupid questions. They went at length to explain the punching incident.

For a White Supremacist? Yes, they don't deserve any more effort than that.

gcubed

Such thoughtful responses like the woman that was run over died of a heart attack.

Why is it always juniors?

rjinaz

Such thoughtful responses like the woman that was run over died of a heart attack.

Why is it always juniors?

To be fair to Juniors, the poster is a demoted Junior. Probably because of their tendency of defending White Supremacists. Just a hunch. I mean we should really hear White Supremacists out, don't ya think?!

Shadybiz

Nazis deserve no discourse; they are flat-out wrong in their “beliefs.”

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

My, my he sounds like a rather lovely fellow. Not sidestepping dumb question? Well, obviously that excuses being a fucking Nazi.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Every damn time

Ithil

Sauron.jpg

Let's just hear him out, folks, he seems reasonable and approachable.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
ChainedMaster: "Excuse me Mr Spencer, do you agree with the notion that black people deserve to live?"
Spencer: "No, I don't. Next question!"
ChainedMaster: "I'm glad I got to hear his answer to this serious question. This was a productive debate."

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Nazis had their platform 80 years ago. It took a war to remove them, costing tens of millions of lives. They don't deserve a fucking platform ever again.

The confederacy had a platform 160 years ago. It took a war to remove them. Over 2% of the country died during that war, with many more after and millions prior through into slavery. They don't deserve a fucking platform again.

Notice a trend? These platforms took a war to remove these genocidal maniacs. They don't deserve anything.

Zakalwe

Banned

Drowning out hate-speech and the call for ethnic cleansing is a good thing.

Why are you upset that people don't want to have a "dialogue" with a Nazi?

I'm not upset. I'm disappointed that I didn't get to ask my question.

Why are people being triggered that I wanted to ask a question that would stump them and make the crowd cheer and go wild? Jesus Christ I'm sorry I didn't want to say "fuck you!" when I got to the mic. Actually, I'm not.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
Someone needs make public that white supremacy appears to be a nonstarter with a lot of people.

Like slavery....

Toxi

Banned

Why are people being triggered that I wanted to ask a question that would stump them and make the crowd cheer and go wild? Jesus Christ I'm sorry I didn't want to say "fuck you!" when I got to the mic. Actually, I'm not.
So what was the question you were going to ask? I'm curious.

America needs a legal exception for white supremacy to compensate for its violent history in the country. It'd be like reparations in a way.

You absolutely do not want the government making exclusions for free speech. Who do you think would be targeted right now, for example?

I was right behind the girl that asked him about being punched in the face. So disappointed they stopped asking questions at that point. Mine would have been better. That girl just wanted fame by stealing someone else questions. She skipped the line too. One minute she's a few behind me next minute she's ahead. Sad face.

That girl just wanted fame

Why are people being triggered that I wanted to ask a question that would stump them and make the crowd cheer and go wild?

just wanted fame

I don't think anyone here is being triggered. Why are you disappointed that you couldn't ask a neo-nazi a serious question? Personally, I wouldn't give two shits about the opinions of someone promoting genocide. I'd just want them to get the fuck off my campus ASAP.

Would they cheer and go wild if they heard you defending Spencer's handling of discourse?

So what was the question you were going to ask?

Ah, this wasn't the thread in which I told you guys. It would have been:

"You have been adamant about the cause of death of the woman who died at Charlotesville, Heather. You claim she died of a heart attack, but an autopsy showed that was not the case. Why do you spread fake news?"

I think the responses would have been epic from the crowd, and I could have gotten the crowd to chant "Fake news!" at him.

To be fair to Juniors, the poster is a demoted Junior. Probably because of their tendency of defending White Supremacists. Just a hunch. I mean we should really hear White Supremacists out, don't ya think?!

I mean, it's really just a difference of opinion, no? We can all meet in the middle and learn from each other!

Toxi

Banned

"You have been adamant about the cause of death of the woman who died at Charlotesville, Heather. You claim she died of a heart attack, but an autopsy showed that was not the case. Why do you spread fake news?"

I think the responses would have been epic from the crowd, and I could have gotten the crowd to chant "Fake news!" at him.
giphy.gif

Interfectum

Dat intellect.

Nepenthe

No, you actually are sorry.

You don't owe nazis intellectual discourse or reasoned argument. There's no point in "owning" nazis. Nazis only seek to pervert rational discourse to their own aims.

I don't think that question is nearly as good as you think it is.

Sorry dude, but that's just not as clever as it is in your head.

Certainly not enough to tout the vast intellectual level discrepancy between that and asking how it felt to get jawed or just, "Fuck you."

So you are sad that you didn't get some attention? This is really strange.

RinsFury

Fuck all nazis. There is nothing they have to say that is worthy of being heard, drown them out and drive them from every place and venue by any means.

Sorry dude, but that's just not as clever as it is in your head.

Certainly not enough to tout the vast intellectual level discrepancy between that and asking how it felt to get jawed or just, "Fuck you."

I never said it was clever. I said it was a better question that would have gotten a good reaction from the crowd. And as for the guy who quoted me saying "fame", you're not wrong. I did want to be the guy that got the crowd to chant something at them. So what?

So you are sad that you didn't get some attention? This is really strange.

I am disappointed I didn't get to ask my question to get a reaction from the people, yes. Does my disappointment trigger you?

Monocle

Wow, how distinctly un-Nazilike of him. Downright reasonable. He sounds like a really reasonable and fair-minded guy to me. Maybe we should listen to what he has to say!

I hate how negative the internet has become. People never focus on the good things. Take Hitler for example. Why does nobody remark on the impeccable cut of his moustache? It must have been hard to groom it so precisely. I bet it would have made his day for somebody to notice and compliment him on his exceptional grooming. And I bet nobody ever bothered.

Zakalwe

Banned
I never said it was clever. I said it was a better question that would have gotten a good reaction from the crowd. And as for the guy who quoted me saying "fame", you're not wrong. I did want to be the guy that got the crowd to chant something at them. So what?

I am disappointed I didn't get to ask my question to get a reaction from the people, yes. Does my disappointment trigger you?

I think people are mostly baffled by your lack of self-awareness.

Tahnit

Banned
If I ever see a nazi out in public I am going to punch him in the face. Cause that is what you do with nazis. You punch them in the face and let them know they are not welcome in America, because they go against all of America’s values.

lightus

Why are you quoting a chant rather than the question itself. Do I need to help you read over my post again or do you think you can do it on your own?

Uh...ok.

Look, we did good man. Sorry that girl skipped the line to ask her question, I understand that can be disappointing. It's not worth focusing on though. Our community came together and shut antagonistic nazis with only two arrests. That's what you should be focusing on here.

Top Bottom