• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Protesters Drown Out Richard Spencer At UF: "Fuck You Spencer!"

Bakercat

Think I found the worst tweet...

pfXCMkN.png

2b67d428559aceb85adbc6829a3ae2dc--german-soldier-the-soldier.jpg

I never said it was clever. I said it was a better question that would have gotten a good reaction from the crowd. And as for the guy who quoted me saying "fame", you're not wrong. I did want to be the guy that got the crowd to chant something at them. So what?

I am disappointed I didn't get to ask my question to get a reaction from the people, yes. Does my disappointment trigger you?

You'd be using the murder of Heather Heyer to try and gain some brief personal glory. That doesn't seem wrong to you?

Toxi

Banned
Look, we did good man. Sorry that girl skipped the line to ask her question, I understand that can be disappointing. It's not worth focusing on though. Our community came together and shut antagonistic nazis with only two arrests. That's what you should be focusing on here.
I think you're giving the poster too much credit.

Good job though to you and everyone else who shut down Spencer there.

I never said it was clever. I said it was a better question that would have gotten a good reaction from the crowd. And as for the guy who quoted me saying "fame", you're not wrong. I did want to be the guy that got the crowd to chant something at them. So what?

*woman

And because you're intial thing was shitting on the girl in front of you for wanting fame.

Nepenthe

I'm not sure we should be taking Chained at face value when he's redirecting a conversation about shutting down a Nazi back onto himself and keeps using "triggered" unironically.

Look, we did good man. Sorry that girl skipped the line to ask her question, I understand that can be disappointing. It's not worth focusing on though. Our community came together and shut antagonistic nazis with only two arrests. That's what you should be focusing on here.

I'm over it. Just thought I should have told people that I wanted to ask a question that was something other than "fuck you". Never insulted anyone, never even said people should have shut up and let him speak. Hell, I was chanting along for most of the speech. It was the others who have something negative to say about my hope of asking a question, as practically half the people in the auditorium also wanted to.

So you really didn't care what his answer would've been, you just wanted to start a crowd chant just like the people who were already chanting "Fuck You".

Bravo excelisorlef.

Toxi

Banned
I'm over it. Just thought I should have told people that I wanted to ask a question that was something other than "fuck you". Never insulted anyone, never even said people should have shut up and let him speak. Hell, I was chanting along for most of the speech. It was the others who have something negative to say about my hope of asking a question, as practically half the people in the auditorium also wanted to.
Your question is basically "You're a fucking obvious liar".

Which isn't a bad thing to say to Richard Spencer, but it's bizarre how you felt like your missed opportunity to get a personal dig at Richard Spencer instead of some other girl is a serious loss.

More accurately, I just wanted my 15 minutes of fame. u mad?
Oh sorry, I gave you too much credit.

BajiBoxer

Banned
America needs a legal exception for white supremacy to compensate for its violent history in the country. It'd be like reparations in a way.

But good fucking luck getting that through.
Maybe if they were declared terrorist organizations. Obviously not going to happen with Nazis in the White House, but maybe in the future.

To be fair to Juniors, the poster is a demoted Junior. Probably because of their tendency of defending White Supremacists. Just a hunch. I mean we should really hear White Supremacists out, don't ya think?!

White Supremacy, Misogny, Homophobia...they're all just Political Opinions™ and we should meet somewhere in the middle.

BajiBoxer

Banned
So disappointed they stopped asking questions at that point. Mine would have been better. That girl just wanted fame by stealing someone else questions.
Lol, liar. Wouldn't be surprised if you fabricated the entire story.

Slayven

Incredible how people don't have a problem with Asians who resell these products in Asia for a steep markup, but scalpers who simply want to make a quick buck are "scum of the earth". The double standards of gamers is astounding.

Add me as another non-white who can't stand "fuck white people" statements. I guess am pretty fragile when negative blanket statements are made about a particular race. It accomplishes nothing and sounds childish.

Don't know why y'all are taking dude serious.

*Rushing to type up script where George Costanza is mad that he wasn't the one to humiliate a Nazi and plots comeback against person who took his rightful spotlight.*

He wasn't sidestepping serious questions. He allowed back and forth dialogue with every person that asked a question. Were you even there? Did you watch the Q&A? I guess "fuck you" questions are more on your intellectual level. Hell, he didn't even sidestep stupid questions. They went at length to explain the punching incident.
For a non-white person, ChainedMaster, I don't understand your history of defending racists and making blanket statements on other races like Asians EXCEPT white people.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I was in line behind ChainedMaster. Very disappointed I did not get a chance to speak. I had a great one.

"Yeah? Well I had sex with your wife!"

For a non-white person, ChainedMaster, I don't understand your history of defending racists and making blanket statements on other races like Asians EXCEPT white people.

Oh ho. Taking my posts out of context again.

Anyways, I'll clear up what I said for the final time. I wasn't particularly shitting on the girl personally as I was being envious of her. Yeah, I was disappointed she skipped the line and got her 15 minutes instead of me. So fucking what? I didn't call her a bitch nor do I think anything negatively. It's called expressing jealousy. It's really not a big deal. Also, yes I did want to basically call him a liar to his face, but I also wanted to get a chant going. Again, so what? I swear people were about to call me a Nazi apologist for wanting to get my question in. Pretty ridiculous.

For reference a typical person would have probably said "but wait you wanted fame too haha". And that would have been the end of it. But people here jumping at my throat ...for what exactly?

From the audio it sounds like they should have shouted something less complicated than SAY IT LOUD SAY IT CLEAR NAZIS ARE NOT WELCOME HERE

Like I dunno. FUCK OFF NAZIS

Just a suggestion for next time I guess.

Someone should have just blasted Nazi Punks Fuck Off over the PA.

The guy is clearly derailing and you're all falling for it. Move on, don't feed the troll.

It's sad because I wouldn't have derailed anyone if people just moved on. Literally said "damnit I wish I asked my question instead of the other person. And my question was better! Would have stumped that Nazi!" and people call that trolling? Get over yourselves jfc.

Game-Biz

ChainedMaster, you question was really dumb. You should be grateful you didn't get the chance to ask it. Also, you're clearly an attention whore who trolls to get recognition. And by the looks of it, you're probably a racist yourself.

ChainedMaster, you question was really dumb. You should be grateful you didn't get the chance to ask it. Also, you're clearly an attention whore who trolls to get recognition. And by the looks of it, you're probably a racist yourself.

I disagree. It would have gotten a great response for sure. And I'm a racist. Lol ok

It's sad because I wouldn't have derailed anyone if people just moved on. Literally said "damnit I wish I asked my question instead of the other person. And my question was better! Would have stumped that Nazi!" and people call that trolling? Get over yourselves jfc.

You've made this all about you somehow and you're not half as interesting as you'd like to think you are. You should heed your own advice.

Media

He wasn't sidestepping serious questions. He allowed back and forth dialogue with every person that asked a question. Were you even there? Did you watch the Q&A? I guess "fuck you" questions are more on your intellectual level. Hell, he didn't even sidestep stupid questions. They went at length to explain the punching incident.

Because I'm just defending myself against accusations of being a Nazi apologist?

I mean... You were defending a Nazi.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Jesus...

My mind can't even process that it's so fucked up. It's amazing how in their minds Black folks can be incompetent, and then also very competent at the same time.
The definition of mental gymnastics.

You might not have got attention you seeked at the event but at least you're getting it here. So many people quoting you and talking about you for pages in all the threads you barge in through. Why aren't you happy, ChainedMaster?

I just spit coffee all over my desk from that shit right there LOL

Lunar15

File this under "I'm just asking questions", but I do consistently wonder if we're seeing more and more of these guys pop up because the media is covering them so much.

Richard Spencer was a hack that had under 1000 views total on his youtube page before the "heil hitler" salute last year. After that incident his youtube exploded, as well as his social media. And the way that stuff works is, even if it's just people checking him out to see just how bad he is, it still increases his range and frequency.

Now, I know that what I'm ultimately saying here is: "Hey guys, let's just ignore this", which I also don't think works. But I'm struggling to reconcile that punching people actually does work? I think these people want the violence, the protests, and the platforms.

But I don't know, I agree with so many people on here that vehemently argue that these people need to be physically chased from platforms.

Ideal world: These people are labeled as terrorists.

You're so triggered.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You might not have got attention you seeked at the event but at least you're getting it here. So many people quoting you and talking about you for pages in all the threads you barge in through. Why aren't you happy, ChainedMaster?
He finally got his 15 pages of fame.

lightus

No it wouldn't have.

It would have. Literally every question that criticized him was cheered, especially good ones. Pointing out he's fake news absolutely would have.

And yet who do we have to blame for that? This thread was never about you until you decided to make it so and put yourself in a corner.

Not really. I made a comment expressing my disappointment in not being able to ask a question. You are the ones that don't realize that by jumping at my throat I feel the need to defend myself from disgusting accusations. You made it all about me.

I told my friend about it and you know their response? "Oh snap nice! damn wish you got to ask your question"

Crazy right? They didn't get upset and throw a fit at that. Imagine that. They took it for what it is and moved on.

Top Bottom