• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ games for June (EU, now confirmed)

Derp1na

Banned
Ähhm ...No

Soccer is huge in Europe, not Basketball ;)

Both can be huge. It's probably the second most popular sport. Far behind football, but comfortably ahead of anything else I can think of. Here's Kobe Bryant in Turkey:

6sGRQZS.jpg

ZeroX03

Banned
Ähhm ...No

Soccer is huge in Europe, not Basketball ;)

Just because Soccer is bigger doesn't mean that Basketball also isn't hugely popular. If you're from the UK you might not see it as much (they prefer Soccer/Cricket) but many other countries from the rest of the continent are big fans and field competitive teams.

Both can be huge. It's probably the second most popular sport. Far behind football, but comfortably ahead of anything else I can think of. Here's Kobe Bryant in Turkey

The country that placed second in the 2010 World Championship, no less.

desu

Another month of people bitching that they are not getting Watch Dogs on release from PSN+ etc, pretty hilarious. I fail to see how people can really expect to get AAA retail releases this early for a console thats out for not even a year.

Anyway another sports game, nothing for me. Vita keeps delivering though, I am running out of Vita games that I would want to buy because of PSN+. The last Rayman would be nice.

Derp1na

Banned
Steady on chap.

not in sweden...

Also not in Austria, and when I think about our surrounding countries and never heard of them as basketball players ... Not much European basetball countries left :D

Which sport is the second most popular in Europe, then? Is it handball or ice hockey because it's big in the country you happen to be from?

Basketball is one of the most popular sports in Spain, Greece, Turkey, Italy, France, Slovenia, Lithuania, Russia, Croatia, etc.

culafia

I think we're gonna get one PS4 game confirmed next month with the PS Blog US announcement tomorrow/Thursday. Meanwhile, at E3, Sony is going to proudly reveal Knack as free on PS+ "starting today."

Im also hoping for Muramasa in the US. Dragon's Crown isn't great.

Raist

Banned
Which sport is the second most popular in Europe, then? Is it handball or ice hockey because it's big in the country you happen to be from?

Basketball is one of the most popular sports in Spain, Greece, Turkey, Italy, France, Slovenia, Lithuania, Russia, Croatia, etc.

Yeah, Basketball is fairly popular. However I think in sheer numbers, it's most likely Rubgy. Inexistent in some european countries, but otherwise fairly big in the main ones.

edit: Or Tennis actually.

Joni

Cycling is huge looking at the TOur de France and the number of competitions.
Tennis is huge considering Rolland Garros and Wimbledon.
Hockey and volleyball are also important on a European level compared to basketball.

RalchAC

I'd say in Spain the most popular sport is Football (Soccer), followed by MotoGP or F1 (both usually have over 20% share rating. Basketball isn't that popular, it has a strong niche following and most of the time it appears on minor TV channels AFAIK.

Here is a list with the most important basketball teams and the amount of subscribers they had when the 2012-2013 season started. It's in Spanish, but I guess if you scroll down you'll see some names with capital letters and a number. That's the data :)

Cycling is huge looking at the TOur de France and the number of competitions.
Tennis is huge considering Rolland Garros and Wimbledon.
Hockey and volleyball are also important on a European level compared to basketball.

Here in Spain we joke about how we watch cycling to have a nap XD.

I think we're gonna get one PS4 game confirmed next month with the PS Blog US announcement tomorrow/Thursday. Meanwhile, at E3, Sony is going to proudly reveal Knack as free on PS+ "starting today."

Im also hoping for Muramasa in the US. Dragon's Crown isn't great.

Muramasa Rebirth is one of the games I playing at the moment thanks to European PS+. As enjoyable as it is I cannot stand all the back tracking and would happily swap it for Dragon's Crown in a heartbeat.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I knows good isn't it? Saves me money. Not sure why you're annoyed unless you already preordered it - you should be able to cancel though.

Maybe because loads of PS3 owners - in particular those interested in those kinds of games - have already played it? I have, so this is useless to me. It's a great game, yes, but getting an old PS3 game as your PS4 PS+ game of the month frankly sucks.

test_account

XP-39C²
Amazing with Dragon's Crown :) I already bought it and got the platinum trophy, but that would be one amazing game to get for "free" if i hadnt already played through it several of times.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Dragon's Crown for real?????!!! What's with the muramasa pic in OP?

I mean seriously. I've been bitching about the never happening DC psn sale forever and all of a sudden, ps+ offer

Been holding off dragons crown so that is great. Shooter I was never a big fan of but I'll happily try it again for PS4. Lone Survivor I always liked the look of and wanted to try. NBA I don't care for though. If it was the PS4 version I'd have given it a shot however. Not a bad month overall especially as it has a game I was gonna buy.

Meh month for me. Don't care about NBA or Dragon's Crown. But Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate is great. Should be cross buy too. Will play on Vita.

Europe: Football >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Icehockey > Basketball

I'm confused by the OP because of the wrong image.
But I guess I like the new games, especially Dragon's Crown.

Orlov

Is Dragon's Crown worth a shot for someone who really doesn't like Muramasa?

Absolutely YES.

Europe: Football >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Icehockey > Basketball

I'm confused by the OP because of the wrong image.
But I guess I like the new games, especially Dragon's Crown.

Sony fixed the image. And I would say it's Football >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Basketball >>>>>>> Everything else :)

Johnson81

Neo Member
Dragons Crown on Vita? Awesome. Was looking at buying this only last week. Pixel Junk Shooter looks decent as well from the vid's I've seen. Plus I've been wanting to get into Lone Survivor on PS3/Vita after owning it on PC and not finishing after he announcement it was coming to the Vita, can't wait.

aTTckr

You have no idea what you are talking about, both can be huge.

Saying that any other sport other than football is huge in Europe is just false. Football is just so far beyond every other sport in terms of popularity and is the only sport that is popular across the whole of Europe. There are fairly popular sports after football in different regions, but they are only popular in their respective region (Cricket in the UK; Hockey in Scandinavia and Switzerland; Rugby in France and the UK; Basketball in Spain, Turkey and the Balkans for example). Even the regions where the particular sport is popular, its popularity might be as big as let's say Lacrosse in the US, which you can hardly call "huge".

grimmiq

So PS3 gets a PS4 launch title while PS4 gets yet another indie game...awesome. If EU gets Dragon's Crown I'll feel my sub will be worth it this month though.

Bishop89

I don't see Dragon's Crown in the OP. Where's everyone seeing that?
Few posts below the op.

Also YES!!! Nba is the one game I wanted! Already have pretty much everything else, knack/killzone I already have. And dragons crown? Banderas.gif

Top Bottom