• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 $329.99 No Tax + Free Shipping AVAILABLE NOW

thectzn

Neo Member
you've got to at least turn it on and give it a try to make sure it's not defective in any way ;) i'm sure the wife would be impressed with your prudence regarding the matter ;)

You definitely have a point my friend... :)

(waits until she goes to bed)

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Heh, saw this thread bumped and thought "again? Nice!!!" ... alas, no.

Glad you all are getting your system so quick :)

Biker19

Banned
Yeah....for $399.

Those who truly wanted a PS4 should've took the deal when they had the chance.

Due to Sony's financial situation, we won't be seeing a price drop announcement until E3 at the very least. And if so, it's only going to be by $50.

hoggert

Got the ps4 a day early. Despite reports on other sites, the console was brand new. Sony branded packing tape, everything still sealed, unredeemed psn card, etc.

Got the ps4 a day early. Despite reports on other sites, the console was brand new. Sony branded packing tape, everything still sealed, unredeemed psn card, etc.
I must've missed this. What reports on other sites? It was listed as new so if it's anything else it'd be fraud. I got mine too and I had the little PS sticker on the flap so I guess that means it's new? Now you have me paranoid.

Rubik8

I must've missed this. What reports on other sites? It was listed as new so if it's anything else it'd be fraud. I got mine too and I had the little PS sticker on the flap so I guess that means it's new? Now you have me paranoid.

I got mine yesterday and there was no tape or seal on the box. Nothing inside indicated that it had been tampered with, code in the box worked, no fingerprints, etc. Not sure what to make of it. Maybe I should have sent it back, but I've waited so long, I couldn't bare to. Anyone get a tape less box?

RedAssedApe

Banned
I got mine yesterday and there was no tape or seal on the box. Nothing inside indicated that it had been tampered with, code in the box worked, no fingerprints, etc. Not sure what to make of it. Maybe I should have sent it back, but I've waited so long, I couldn't bare to. Anyone get a tape less box?

Pretty sure people were getting tape less boxes at launch too. Didn't they have to do that to put in the vouchers?

Rubik8

Pretty sure people were getting tape less boxes at launch too. Didn't they have to do that to put in the vouchers?

I didn't follow launch antics very closely, but that would make me feel better. I was sort of surprised at how loud the disc feed mechanism is; the packaging made me a little paranoid.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I didn't follow launch antics very closely, but that would make me feel better. I was sort of surprised at how loud the disc feed mechanism is; the packaging made me a little paranoid.

It was through newegg right? They are reputable. So if you have an issue with it you could always return or exchange. Not some random eBay seller.

My PS4 was supposed to arrive today, but nope. The last update was yesterday at "WARRENDALE, PA" and it says: "In transit to local Post Office - Allow two to three additional days for delivery". And I live nowhere near PA. First time I've ever seen a tracker say that. Hope it doesn't get lost, lol.

RedAssedApe

Banned
My PS4 was supposed to arrive today, but nope. The last update was yesterday at "WARRENDALE, PA" and it says: "In transit to local Post Office - Allow two to three additional days for delivery". And I live nowhere near PA. First time I've ever seen a tracker say that. Hope it doesn't get lost, lol.

that shit is annoying. assuming its UPS, i believe it basically saves UPS money shipping it this way but also slows the delivery. :\

vypek

Uh...weird. That same thing happens to me and did today with best buy items. They would have been here yesterday but UPS gave it to the post office yesterday. Oddly enough, a different package I had showed up yesterday and was also fulfilled by UPS. Big difference is that I do live in PA. Are you PA adjacent? Do you live at least close to Warrendale?

that shit is annoying. assuming its UPS, i believe it basically saves UPS money shipping it this way but also slows the delivery. :\

It's actually FedEx, but I do agree, it's annoying when either of them drop packages off at the post office instead of delivering it.

Uh...weird. That same thing happens to me and did today with best buy items. They would have been here yesterday but UPS gave it to the post office yesterday. Oddly enough, a different package I had showed up yesterday and was also fulfilled by UPS. Big difference is that I do live in PA. Are you PA adjacent? Do you live at least close to Warrendale?

I live in Georgia which is absolutely not even close at all to PA, lol. I'm a little concerned... :x

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
UPS gives packages to the the USPS to save money. They do one big delivery to the post office instead of a driver home delivering it. They both benefit, USPS gets more business, and UPS saves drivers. It's annoying, but you can usually tell when it's going to happen via the tracking number.

Got mine today. No tape on box and the packing in the box was pretty shoddy to be honest. Haven't checked the build date yet to see when it was manufactured.

What the fuck is going on with my shipment???

So I was already confused by it saying it was "in transit to local post office" in PA when I live in Georgia... but now it's updated today and it's in fucking Colorado??? WTF. I've never had any issues with Newegg before, but this is ridiculous. It was supposed to be here yesterday, but it's halfway across the country and going in the opposite direction.

Servbot24

Banned
I just got mine... They accidentally shipped me two. 0_0

Checked my bank and I was definitely only charged for one. The other weird thing is that one of them is clearly opened and one still has the stickers.

Top Bottom