• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 back in stock at Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I'm so fucking happy. My mates and I can't stop dancing! Fuuuuuck

dance.gif

Wow that guy on the left. lol

Pain

Banned
This one isn't going to sell out as quick as before. Its 5 days before Christmas, this is probably their biggest shipment since launch if not bigger...

B.O.O.M

How did you find out that they have 999 units still left in stock?

Not 999, at least 999. That's the max they allow you to add of an item. I could be wrong (as I have mentioned at least 3 times already lol) but they don't allow you to add more than the amount of stock they have in the first place. It's a bit of a roundabout way of finding stock levels

Anyone who is more familiar with amazon shopping please feel free to correct me

UNCMark

Banned
I don't understand what you are going on about. You can't add more than what they have in the first place! It was a comment regarding their stock levels..not about how much you as a person can buy from them. They currently have 999 or more left is the point

You're wrong. If they allowed you to add a billion of them, you could, and it wouldn't notify you of the issue until you actually attempted to buy them. This is common knowledge about Amazon. When you added 900, you did nothing but produce a price. When you attempt to check out, that's when it checks

Anyone who is more familiar with amazon shopping please feel free to correct me

Already did. That's what I "was on about".

B.O.O.M

You're wrong. If they allowed you to add a billion of them, you could, and it wouldn't notify you of the issue until you actually attempted to buy them. This is common knowledge about Amazon. When you added 900, you did nothing but produce a price. When you attempt to check out, that's when it checks.

I just tested it with this Layton and the last specter and it won't let me add more than 6 because that's all they have in stock

shrug

Pain

Banned
Shortages over?
I think Sony went for a huge shipment for launch and a huge shipment for Christmas while Microsoft decided to spread out their stock and have a decent amount each week.

EDIT: I'm LOLing at how Xbox One was out of stock not even 5 minutes ago and I checked again and now its in stock. I just don't get why that keeps happening.

UNCMark

Banned
I just tested it with this Layton and the last specter and it won't let me add more than 6 because that's all they have in stock

shrug

Do you honestly think they'd allow people to screw over everyone else by sticking 999 units in their cart and then never check out?

UNCMark

Banned

shrug

As for the Layton example, you're attempting to buy from a third party selling on Amazon. Of course their stock is numbered/limited.

B.O.O.M

Do you honestly think they'd allow people to screw over everyone else by sticking 999 units in their cart and then never check out?

First off they only allow 999 max..that's common knowledge too so not sure where your you can add a gajillion comment came from

Secondly, what does that have to do with their stock level? Obviously they won't deduct the item from their inventory prior to the payment being processed. That doesn't say anything about stock levels..that's just how a regular transaction works. I believe they hold it for a very short period of time tho..at least I remember reading something along those lines during the black friday period.

As for the Layton example, you're attempting to buy from a third party selling on Amazon. Of course their stock is numbered/limited.

So amazon's stock is unlimited? Lol what the hell man

UNCMark

Banned
First off they only allow 999 max..that's common knowledge too so not sure where your you can add a gajillion comment came from

Secondly, what does that have to do with their stock level? Obviously they won't deduct the item from their inventory prior to the payment being processed. That doesn't say anything about stock levels..that's just how a regular transaction works. I believe they hold it for a very short period of time tho..at least I remember reading something along those lines during the black friday period.

So amazon's stock is unlimited? Lol what the hell man

No, Amazon uses stock limits. And they'll check to see if you're going over that limit when you attempt to finally check out. Again, do you honestly think they'll allow people to lock up 999 units of anything simply by adding them to their cart? You're obviously clueless about how Amazon works.

Amazon's stock is virtually unlimited since they restock by purchasing from their normal resellers. Amazon can't predict how many more units a third party reseller on Amazon can acquire. That's why your Layton example was bad.

satam55

Banned
Meanwhile I can't find the PS4 camera in stock anywhere

I think gamestop.com had some earlier. Try there?

Edit: sorry for speaking prematurely, was mistaken.

I did. It's not available in my local stores or their website. Amazon also doesn't have any... Is this thing really that popular? I just wanted to get it for streaming.

Yep, So much for idiots who thought the PS4 Eye Camera would be DoA & that Sony should completely stop supporting & Manufacturing it.

MoeB

No, Amazon uses stock limits. And they'll check to see if you're going over that limit when you attempt to finally check out. Again, do you honestly think they'll allow people to lock up 999 units of anything simply by adding them to their cart? You're obviously clueless about how Amazon works.

Amazon's stock is virtually unlimited since they restock by purchasing from their normal resellers. Amazon can't predict how many more units a third party reseller on Amazon can acquire. That's why your Layton example was bad.

144a161.gif

It has been a long time since the PS4 has been in stock at Amazon. So this is probably a massive shipment.

Same as the Wal-Mart shipment before, was a huge one. Seems Sony is more about building up for that big shipment, while MS seems more about shipping out anything they have as soon as they have it. Thats how it feels anyway.

UNCMark

Banned
It has been a long time since the PS4 has been in stock at Amazon. So this is probably a massive shipment.

Same as the Wal-Mart shipment before, was a huge one. Seems Sony is more about building up for that big shipment, while MS seems more about shipping out anything they have as soon as they have it. Thats how it feels anyway.

It was in stock earlier in the week at Amazon.

B.O.O.M

I don't want to hear the word clueless from the guy who didn't know you can't even add more than 999 items in the first place..irony is just too strong with that one

Secondly unless you think they have two separate methods for their own stock level tracking vs third party, they will employ the same restrictions even at the add to cart stage. Meaning if they don't have enough in the first place, they won't let you add to the cart. Try it with an item that is out of stock and see how much you can add. You are making no sense. I mean they have it said right there in the layton page..only 6 left lol How do you reckon amazon knew that if they are clueless about it.

It's clear to me at this point you are mixing up amazon's restrictions on how much a person can buy with my initial comment regarding their stock levels for a particular item. You're basically wasting my time

Biker19

Banned
I'm guessing he's recommending it because he's satisfied with the product? And the faster the install base grows, the faster we can get more games and drop the last gen consoles?

Most likely this. The more that PS4's sell, the faster these cross-gen games between PS3 & PS4 will cease.

UNCMark

Banned
I don't want to hear the word clueless from the guy who didn't know you can't even add more than 999 items in the first place..irony is just too strong with that one

And I said that where? I said you COULD add a billion if you wanted (implying if their ordering mechanism allowed it) and you'd get the same flawed result you're seeing now. But yeah, I can see conversing with you is a useless proposition. Good riddance.

johnny956

And I said that where? I said you COULD add a billion if you wanted (implying if their ordering mechanism allowed it) and you'd get the same flawed result you're seeing now. But yeah, I can see conversing with you is a useless proposition. Good riddance.

Sorry you don't know about the stock checking with amazon but the 999 trick is spread regularly on deal forums.

Putting 999 doesn't reserve/hold those in amazon's system. If there are less then 999 in stock then amazon will correct your cart to the remaining amount they have left. That's all it does. Of course you won't be able to check out with that many but its a very easy way to see if something is about to go out of stock

edit: Fifa 13 PSP Use that as a example. Add fifa 13 psp to your cart. Go to cart and change quantity to 999 and hit "update" what happens?

Foshy

It's probably a huge ass shipment.

Anecdotal, but I work at a big swiss electronics store and we got our biggest shipment on Thursday, about 300 units. That's more than 4x what we had at launch. I assume Sony had a last big shipment pre-Christmas ready for all across the globe.

B.O.O.M

Sorry you don't know about the stock checking with amazon but the 999 trick is spread regularly on deal forums.

Putting 999 doesn't reserve/hold those in amazon's system. If there are less then 999 in stock then amazon will correct your cart to the remaining amount they have left. That's all it does. Of course you won't be able to check out with that many but its a very easy way to see if something is about to go out of stock

THANK YOU! That was my understanding as well..heck I have seen it used here on gaf quite a few times

anywho that's that. OT: I guess Sony is bringing in that final large shipment prior to xmas shopping. Should be an interesting NPD next month

Shipwrecked

Neo Member
OMG I finally jumped! Been stalking this sexy bitch ever since announcement but was waiting for War Thunder to come out....I have no self control.

Biker19

Banned
Still in stock?

Should have send em to EU. We never betray Sony unlike you smelly murricans :(

You don't have to worry about people like myself; Nintendo & Sony always gives me what I want, unlike Microsoft: 3rd party games (especially Japanese 3rd party games), & a lot of 1st/2nd party exclusives.

Jabba

Banned
Some of those 1 star ratings are great comedy value.

Still in stock it says. Mind you PS3 browser here. Huge launch like shipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom