• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 1.60 released. Pulse headset support, mute camera, stability

Vashetti

Banned
what did the big update do with ACIV..?

Previously uPlay wouldn't work if you had more than 100 PSN friends, which is awkward as Sony increased the limit to 2000.

That was fixed as well as several other things:

Bfl6s7nCcAEWI73.jpg:large

Hasney

It happens in some games and in other streaming apps as well. Sony need to introduce the PS3 audio settings regardless, and let us specify the audio channels we want to use. Right now it's all done "automatically" and that seems to be causing issues.

Ah, gotchya. All the complaints I've read are focused on Netflix so I thought it was isolated with that one app. Makes sense then if "automatic" is fudging with everything.

My PS4 was on standby but it had downloaded nothing. Turned it on and the update came in 14 seconds with a 100/10 connection, wow.

Ein Bear

I thought the whole point of standby mode was that it would download these sorts of things automatically? Have just switched my PS4 on and had to wait whilst it downloads the file, then installs it.

Whole thing took about five minutes, so it isn't a big deal, just seems odd.

CRA5H

I thought the whole point of standby mode was that it would download these sorts of things automatically? Have just switched my PS4 on and had to wait whilst it downloads the file, then installs it.

Mine used to download in standby until the previous firmware update (1.5 something). Hopefully 1.60 fixes this.

th4tguy

Previously uPlay wouldn't work if you had more than 100 PSN friends, which is awkward as Sony increased the limit to 2000.

That was fixed as well as several other things:

It was more complicated than that as I was one of the people who had the bug but had far less than 100 friends in my list. Patch still fixed my issue though.

Vashetti

Banned
I hope they push out another update around the time of the Japan PS4 launch.

I realise they have a lot to do at the moment, but I can't help but be disappointed with the content of these updates.

How hard is it to code an option to pause/resume downloads?

Hasney

It was more complicated than that as I was one of the people who had the bug but had far less than 100 friends in my list. Patch still fixed my issue though.

Certain ISPs were also failing with uPlay, such as BT Infinity in the UK.

Ardenyal

Still can't connect Vita with remote play if you have a USB keyboard plugged in. You need to manually go and log in the keyboard as your user before the Vita can connect remote play.

Edit: Also no sound through Vita when watching share button clips saved to the HDD.

Hasney

Ugh, keep hovering over the Pulse Elites on Amazon for £100 because I want to play outlast with some headphones.

I need a slap.

Same here, odd. I feel like my PS3 updates automatically, so I don't see why the PS4 doesn't.

andycapps

To talk with it as in USE MY MIC TO COMMUNICATE WITH MY FRIENDS.
/caps

If you followed the steps in that link it should work. I have PX-22's that hook up exactly the same way and I have no issues. If it's not working for you and it's working for others with the same headset, then you may have a bad mic.

I hope they push out another update around the time of the Japan PS4 launch.

I realise they have a lot to do at the moment, but I can't help but be disappointed with the content of these updates.

I had hoped this was going to be one of the stealth improvements with this update. *sigh*

Does this update mean that PX4's will now work completely wirelessly? What I mean is without having to plug the cable into the controller for the mic to work?

You're asking the wrong question(s).

How important is the pause/resume downloads feature compared to others?

How much time and attention does it take for the OS team to both fix bugs and address important features that need to be added?

Considering the camera mic being always on can cause issues when people are playing online etc I can see how that is priority over a feature that would be considered a mere convenience. As far as headsets are concerned, many users have been very vocal about wanting to use headsets they've already spent money on, so again that seems more important than a pause downloads option- which will come in due time when they get a lot of this other stuff out of the way.

They can only do so much so fast, so I'd rather get an update every month or two than only once a quarter or something.

kriskrosbbk

lol This!
Just pushed the start button once, when I bought the PS4 and had to set it up.
Never again! Can't understand why people are still doing this.

We are talking "eject" here not "start" .I guess I cannot insert a new disk when one is already in.Then I need to press the "eject" .Prefer it than the software option.

mf.luder

Hopefully by stability they mean OS speed improvements. Trying to send someone a message in COD takes about 20 seconds for the keyboard to show up.

andycapps

Hopefully by stability they mean OS speed improvements. Trying to send someone a message in COD takes about 20 seconds for the keyboard to show up.

Yeah, I've found that to be the case the first time you do it, but then if you send subsequent messages it's fast.

Top Bottom