• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Awesome OT.

woo-hoo.gif

iFootball

HYPE+++++++++++++++++++

+ Game Pre-orders picked-up
+ Extra controller ready
+ Amazon PS4 Launch order confirmed
+ Day-off ready
+ UPS MyChoice account ready

The_Monk

You must be the nicest forum member I've come across in over 20 years. Hope you get your console day one, you deserve it.

Thank you for your kind words. I know it might have been a bit too big, sorry for that. I'm just happy someone read it. I'm also hoping for the best on the October 29th, thanks!

mf.luder

Really, really want that charging station. It's so sleek.

Just compared my Rocketfish stand to that Amazon one and it's identical.

PropheV

Neo Member
My PS4 order just changed I think
"Shipping estimate: November 8, 2013 - November 15, 2013 " Although it's the 9th now, it should hypothetically mean it'll ship any given moment now.

Nightz

Took a look at Yelp reviews for the center where UPS My Choice would leave my package for pickup and it has a 1 star rating. :\ Now I'm thinking if I should just wait for them to deliver.

neoism

system is amazing really wish there was a game at launch I was interested in... if only Destiny was a launch game... will get one next spring..(my only next gen system) All you day 1 bros enjoy... <3
great OT :D

johnny956

After checking with several Best Buys it looks like generally it's going to be about 15-20 available for walk in customers while the rest are pre orders. Not all stores have gotten their shipments just yet so it can vary. Also got ps4/Xbox pre order numbers for 7 stores. 700 PS4 pre orders compared to 600 for Xbox (did some small rounding to prevent which stores gave the info so they don't get in trouble). Now if somehow they get another shipment before launch that can change but gives you an idea.

As far as all the best buys I've checked, if you pre ordered you're getting one November 15th

Ok that's what I surmised from your post.

Your answer is one connector only on each end. All audio and video passed thru the one connection. Easy stuff :)

After looking at an image of the connector on Google it looks similar to a port on the back of my TV near the component ports. I'm hoping that's what it is.

I just saw that Perfect Day commercial....ha. RIP Lou Reed.

I'm still wondering whether buying right away is a good idea, I have a launch preorder on Amazon, but I'm pretty sure the first thing i'll be interested in is Destiny. I don't have any issue with the money, and I know I'll be getting it eventually, so I still haven't canceled. Maybe its a good idea buying now in case I can't find one in stock? Look at all this justifying, ha.

I mean, buying on launch day is never The right thing to do&#8482; but all of us are crazy so whatever. If you are going to get it before the first price drop why not get it at launch. I am getting it because I really miss how cool the early days of Xbox Live where on the 360 when it was a smaller group of dudes.

After checking with several Best Buys it looks like generally it's going to be about 15-20 available for walk in customers while the rest are pre orders. Not all stores have gotten their shipments just yet so it can vary. Also got ps4/Xbox pre order numbers for 7 stores. 700 PS4 pre orders compared to 600 for Xbox (did some small rounding to prevent which stores gave the info so they don't get in trouble). Now if somehow they get another shipment before launch that can change but gives you an idea.

As far as all the best buys I've checked, if you pre ordered you're getting one November 15th
well the guy who work at my ebgames said there only getting the pre orders number for the 15 if you didnt pre order you cant get one

SRTtoZ

So whats the deal with the stand? Is it official Sony brand? Will it be sold at release? I need one.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys I made a playlist with all of the best most nostalgic music from the Playstation library since it all began. I've been listening to it to get HYPED

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0hImKlcwYVFkx4WnMmQm4IxNs3LauEks&feature=mh_lolz

...and you even included Theme Of Laura from the Silent Hill 2 OST. Most excellent. You're a good person. I like you.

This is the final weekend of the current generation. Think about that for a second.

Holy shit.

Moosehole

So whats the deal with the stand? Is it official Sony brand? Will it be sold at release? I need one.
From what I understand a few different companies are making them. They are all identical and are officially licensed by Sony, in the blue branded packaging and everything.

Have they showed how accurate/sensitive the touchpad on the DS4 is? Is it accurate enough to be used as a pointer in a browser persay, or only gesture commands?

Also, I work the 15th till 7pm. Luckily shipping never shows up till 7pm so the wait won't be so bad.

Can't wait to hook up the system. A space is all set for it. HDMI slot reserved in my receiver.

New tv
from the walmart glitch
ready to accept the next gen goodness

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Every single day without a PS4 stretches out before me like shadows at dusk, like a sea of rubbery stretched butt holes.

Eat? Eat what? Why?

Sleep is ok. But I rage against my pillow when I awake. We’re so close, very good friends. He knows everything about me.

People however are the worst. All these faces and not a one of them knows what’s about to happen, what’s coming. Words roll out of their disgusting faces, dribble down their chins and are flicked back into the air by their slapping, cracked lips. Nothing they say has any meaning.

Every single day without a PS4 stretches out before me like shadows at dusk, like a sea of rubbery stretched butt holes.

Top Bottom