• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Let none ever say PS4 has no games

sNjofmp.png
8VS71Bm.png
cX4wQwb.png
tCH3xtP.png
dp427rt.png
3VBlmZV.png
Km4xptx.png
EqnWRuO.png
yBwtUfC.png
Ra0eZnW.png
cHc1bvE.png
GzGxdhT.png
GtL2JPp.png
trgrau7.png
byBtQEW.png
WEEOEj0.png
WCJ2Lfd.png
yNdqqSg.png
zwTlBoM.png
gIV8aVO.png
abb4U8k.png
Ou6STFS.png
y9nsFil.png
tFj97cu.png
q6JFyML.png
ZCMhctf.png
mokLZf1.png
F7vedD5.png
7pEghIm.png
vUyH5pg.png
b4w1ylE.png
UjV8q9l.png
tsXSFh0.png
tfnpw0O.png
TAIhaG3.png
orS8wNO.png
lBscHzP.png
iEPQMOW.png
CMnPFdr.png
JZlrf0L.png
emR8WFq.png
7jldJxO.png
5RMPyUo.png
9cN7GZf.png
TXChMfF.png
KvmBdfH.png
QfbTh4b.png
YS8n5F6.png
C1zFLjo.png
J0eA13Q.png
Quz3WyZ.png
537OzAj.png
QcwLQK8.png
Q2ZiN73.png
C6OCjr4.png
baJbAn7.png
Hic1rr7.png
zo1ws5z.png
RPoL4st.png
gYPAxbl.png
zIPpoyl.png
BXYBHZ9.png
yJYwRNs.png
NBWDoY3.png
JWrYVD8.png
Z0zMR4x.png
KPNz1me.png
LntZDgR.png
P2W3VpW.png
gPwtJtw.png
AQRShKh.png
fYYjrWo.png
mHmpVrq.png
37BviC6.png
gQmn7WV.png
qNA6paQ.png
uoSqpXb.png
j8DvXsd.png
g1zBeHq.png
OZqhI7G.png
RLZNojN.png
EMUlR4f.png
IFcKpPF.png
ZUhdaMP.png
ENDosLi.png
YpA47KL.png
6bjbbZp.png
dhcaheA.png
WZWnLYP.png
w2VO9WB.png
L2Ojn5Z.png
DSCxGFa.png
RkVYU2e.png
rPWH4A6.png
KD9tow8.png
qQrkoFo.png
WppylN2.png
D09iI2w.png
eHYxYpp.png
WBavSp0.png
E2utG2h.png
zlz420K.png
eTJaXUn.png
PQWEn8V.png
F8wYdpn.png
wrAJe07.png
lky9UZX.png
pnrxCe5.png
FcCvlvW.png
b9Tq9Yp.png
k8w6CAp.png
1iVIiGn.png
WJgi0qQ.png
RwV1GHE.png
1efv3Ko.png
Jxz75NC.png
sRxb5Za.png
Bz3L1zS.png
Bl9yLrR.png
wZtpbcG.png
so8ALUt.png
YcNXwFU.png
7snFYuf.png
O4qBPCS.png
281HxZ4.png
4AUV1g4.png
SV2P7hC.png
c9Ack1s.png
xAcluHF.png
vXew6uO.png
KLG6mEE.png
iMwAyna.png
g41nI8s.png
YC5SBAS.png
xzy8mJ5.png
ELfdYsR.png
0nFARIR.png
lwjQvxW.png
A4d7fDS.png
AsEw3f4.png
b5YZrcM.png
CedNMts.png
pnGBPNi.png
Zogi0k2.png
9zyPDKx.png
0zLv53G.png
Ffy2WIW.png
EYNMveg.png
0RTmQq2.png
pkIprLi.png
Ux9xxA8.png
0Q6zT5U.png

ibvXbjEzfvSrqP.gif

lol Well since I don't want third party stands, I pre-ordered the official vertical stand from GAME.uk and even got a reward card from cause why not? Launch time is such fun

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just installed the PS Camera I bought earlier on my monitor. Guess I'll just look at it fondly and sigh lovingly at it for the next week.

wizzbang

Banned
Where is the best place to ask the obscure questions? I've tried multiple times to bounce a thread of mine which no one seems to have interest in.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=700981&highlight=camera
(That's fine sure I guess :/ )

I really want to know though, where a good Q&A regarding little specific things can be had? Does anyone have any suggestions? Moderators? Even if the questions I ask below are all somehow answered in reply to this, it would be nice to have a definitive Q&A or FAQ thread, I'm not sure this should be it surely?

Questions ahead, sorry if some seem petty and unimportant but you know I'm curious about the little things:

What type of headset can be plugged into the DS4 controller (will an iphone / android headset work in stereo?) -- if it does work, can you do voice chat AND game audio through headset at the same time?

Has anyone yet got the camera plugged into a PC? Is it actually USB with a proprietary shaped plug or not?

Is anyone aware of a team / guy / group writing a "proper" DS4 driver for PC yet? Full BT support, Sixaxis, trackpad, BT, rumble etc (I believe it's theoretically possible)

Does the provided headset come with a mute button?

What does the speaker on the DS4 do? Is that classed as yet another audio output device for the PS4 (which would then have theoretically 3, headset voice output, main HDMI speaker / game audio output and the mini controller speaker?)

Where / when is there going to be a UI demonstration?

Will there be any changes to the web based PSN service (Which has slowly got better) when the PS4 launches? http://us.playstation.com/psn/signin/

Is there any way to "force" the install of the games to the drive, before launching the game? How do we know the install of a game is complete? (It's been confirmed by the guy who took a PS4 home from the warehouse that Killzone was slightly slower for a while at the start while it was installing the game - and yes this guys story sounds pretty plausible, first guy to leak box pics)

I can probably think of dozens more, if anyone knows of a thread covering this kind of specific little things please let me know <3
Thanks all and good luck next week, I'll be wrapping up work about 11pm your time and rushing home to hopefully (?) tune in to GiantBomb around 7pm my time.

I have another question about HDMI.

If I do infact have an HDMI port, is the option of using 1080i or 1080p dependent on the TV or is that purely based on what the developers include as an available resolution for the game?

wizzbang

Banned

If I do infact have an HDMI port, is the option of using 1080i or 1080p dependent on the TV or is that purely based on what the developers include as an available resolution for the game?

The PS3 let you choose, I don't believe it had a scaler chip, yet none the less you could choose, how that works I don't know.
I heard the PS4 doesn't have a scaler as well - but it may well be just an off the cuff comment from someone.

urge26

Amazing.... feels like the February reveal was yesterday. One more week and it'll be sitting here in front of me..... giddy like a school girl.

Tsundere

Banned

There is no need to set the resolution anymore I believe, it's all done automatically.

It's dependent on the source that is connected to the input.

I can run 720p/1080i with my ps3 hooked up via HDMI by setting it to do so in the system
Settings

Darksol

Played Knack at my local gamestop for quite a bit today. Only tried it on hard, and had my ass handed to me at first. Once you study the enemy's attack patterns you can survive a great deal longer. But it was a challenge and definitely not something I could easily run through on hard without practice and focus. Frame-rate seemed pretty stable. Felt 45-50 f/ps most of the time, and certainly never dipped below 30.

I'm happy I preordered it. And of course, that controller...so much win.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
About how much would it cost to import a PS4 stand from Europe? (To the United States.)

I'm curious as to how the PS4 will perform on my wireless network. I know wifi performance won't be wildly different from the PS3 but I'm hoping for some modest gains in streaming performance. On my network, the PS3 takes a little bit before it gets the Netflix image up to max resolution. I've got a very high end Netgear N router.

Balb

Has there been any clarification on whether you can change your PSN ID on the PS4? It's a surprisingly big deal to me.

I'm curious as to how the PS4 will perform on my wireless network. I know wifi performance won't be wildly different from the PS3 but I'm hoping for some modest gains in streaming performance. On my network, the PS3 takes a little bit before it gets the Netflix image up to max resolution. I've got a very high end Netgear N router.
Should work better since ps3 doesn't have wireless N. That's my hope at least....

SpaceHorror

DayZ is confirmed for PS4?

Dean Hall said he is almost certain DayZ would see a console release back in April. He also said that he was quite happy to release it on a console that is indie friendly.

However they aren't even going to think about a console version until it releases on PC.

So, it's confirmed that it will probably happen.

joe2187

Banned
I think I might be cancelling my PS4 pre-order. After looking at all the Day one games for the release of the console...there is nothing really that catches my attention. It would be a waste to buy a PS4 now if it's not going to get much use.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Let us remember SunhiLegend GIF's (if there are way too many together, please do tell me and I'll change them into links):

i1ot2q1bfpm6z.gif

irBuyUemXHuXD.gif

ibxioNgQwHvhzH.gif

ikj9PsEpz218U.gif

Oh and that fly by GIF of Vekta City that people love to post? That was him too.

You better select one of these GIFs or else!

Ravage

Can't believe it's finally happening! I have to wait a while before getting mine but I'm still hyped beyond belief for tomorrow.

Finally got to try one out at my local Frys. I'm loving the changes to the controller. I've got pretty big hands and the handles on the DS3 were too short and uncomfortable, they're much improved on the DS4. They're a lot longer and a more comfortable shape. The triggers are so much better, hated the triggers on the DS3. The L1/R1 buttons were shaped a bit differently, and the DPad feels better too. I really liked the new grips on the analog sticks and they feel like they have a bit more resistance (in a good way). The face buttons had a really satisfying click too. A lot of little improvements all around. Can't wait til Friday!

Nice OT, and the system is looking sexy. I won't be getting one until next year but I am feeling the new tech pull right now. Can't wait to hear the hands-on impressions.

Top Bottom