• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 mass production is happening (Leaked pictures on Chinese board)

I don't mind Community Managers or certain developers coming here and providing insight into their games, or answering fan feedback relating to their game.

But people like Penello, and this Nelson moron, are there to do damage control mostly. They're also far too close to their work, and have a lock on their tongue in regards to what they're allowed to say, to answer many questions that could be thrown their way without coming off like a bunch of tools. They're a waste of time to be frank. The way they don't even understand how to approach folks is kind of embarrassing. And unlike when you're face to face with someone doing some PR interview, GAF is no holds barred so it rightfully holds back no punches when it smells bullshit. I like that about this forum. If these folks are not trained enough, or unable to handle that, then that is their problem.

I'm actually glad that the Sony execs or other public figures haven't come on here because quite frankly, it'd end up the same for them. Shahid ran into some issues too. Besides, some of them are already on here but just lurk and don't post. It's in their own interest, believe me, to keep it that way.

I agree, they do a good job in that respect but most keep out of threads relating to other games as such maybe only to congratulate other CMs about their game.

Anyway, PS4 packing looks about right, should be smaller than Wii U/XB1 as it only contains the Console, DS4 controller, and a few leads no need to have space for bulky PSU/kinects/tablet controller

Joni

They are launching in 33 countries. October launch would mean that launch consoles would have to be shipped 3-4 weeks earlier from China, and there is no way in hell they would have enough consoles manufactured by then.
Not really, the consoles will probably be shipped by ship. They could - and they have in the past - airlift them and gain weeks. Shipping takes 45 days or something through conventional means.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
He knows that. What he is saying is that Sony might have already been a week ahead.

I reckon that they need to get roughly 2 million built before Xmas to meet demand. I'd hope they had been in production for a while.
Strange that Sony didn't announce the fact.

Amir0x

Banned
I don't mind Community Managers or certain developers coming here and providing insight into their games, or answering fan feedback relating to their game.

But people like Penello, and this Nelson moron, are there to do damage control mostly. They're also far too close to their work, and have a lock on their tongue in regards to what they're allowed to say, to answer many questions that could be thrown their way without coming off like a bunch of tools. They're a waste of time to be frank. The way they don't even understand how to approach folks is kind of embarrassing. And unlike when you're face to face with someone doing some PR interview, GAF is no holds barred so it rightfully holds back no punches when it smells bullshit. I like that about this forum. If these folks are not trained enough, or unable to handle that, then that is their problem.

I'm actually glad that the Sony execs or other public figures haven't come on here because quite frankly, it'd end up the same for them. Shahid ran into some issues too. Besides, some of them are already on here but just lurk and don't post. It's in their own interest, believe me, to keep it that way.

I really don't agree with some of this. Most people on neoGAF are intelligent enough to know how to approach a PR individual's posts. And yes, you're right, they have a muzzle on what they can say and NeoGAF's not going to hold back which can be frustrating for some of them.

But in the end, it is a service I can appreciate if they remain respectful to the community. They come in and try to allay some fears, occasionally we get some clarification on issues we didn't know before (knowledge is power) and we get to push our thoughts and disappointments to someone in a more direct fashion. And any way we can make our voices louder is definitely necessary; many of these companies remain too disconnected and as a result fail to react quickly enough to the problems that are going on with their products.

I am glad they come here and I hope we can continue to encourage it. I wish more bigger Sony peeps start posting too.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait to see these and PS4 games on store shelves. :)

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
vwMin.gif

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
It really is, my Vita is getting a new partner.

I'm looking forward to seeing impressions of folks playing PS4 games on their Vita's. It should be mind blowing moment for them.

Like I said in the previous thread, Penello is the console war equivalent of Amirm from the HD DVD days. MS send out their high profile employees to speak with authority on these subjects to convince impressionable forum goers and influence high profile forums that their product isn't a pile of shit. Seriously these moves are identical to the ones from the HD DVD playbook and that was just as shit a product as Xbone is turning out to be.

wapplew

Yeah, they said they just started. I wouldn't be surprised if PS4s have been in full production for a month.

I was going to ask the leaker when they start the assembly line, but he didn't show up after few post. (Hope he is not in jail now)
By reading all his post and reply, it seem like production started for awhile, he mention about 1000 plus unit per day per production line. Another poster said his on the DS4 controller line, and he's getting bored of it.

I read that, and other like articles as they doubt the PS4s power and its all Sony PR Bull, like it was for the past gens, rather than some secret dGpu in the XB1. They do kind of ruin any reality IMO by stating that PS3s had no games that look better than any X360 games.

What a coincidence that an Xbox representative posts an image of the first Xbox One consoles off the production line and ready to be shipped, then a few days later a "leak" from some random shows pretty much the same thing, but for the PS4.

Yeah, this was definitely "leaked".

2013_%2525209_%2525207_13_37.jpg

Since Sony is making so much, then why not release in Europe at the same time?

Like I said in the previous thread, Penello is the console war equivalent of Amirm from the HD DVD days. MS send out their high profile employees to speak with authority on these subjects to convince impressionable forum goers and influence high profile forums that their product isn't a pile of shit. Seriously these moves are identical to the ones from the HD DVD playbook and that was just as shit a product as Xbone is turning out to be.

That is bit unfair. I mean the guy interacts with this community as best as he is allowed too.

That is bit unfair. I mean the guy interacts with this community as best as he is allowed too.

That's the problem.

Make a claim, someone asks for evidence, sorry would be putting the job in danger. Well fuck off then and don't make the claim in the first place.

Microsoft are experts at this tactic, they used it well during the HD format wars and now they are doing the same again (oddly enough, against the successor to the PS3!).

avaya

Nailed it.

Top Bottom