• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#PS4NoDRM #XboxOneNoDRM || Now do you "Believe?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

tusken77

Carl

At the very least, Scott's tweet shows that he's seen peoples worries and wishes. He seems like a pretty cool guy so... I dunno.

Boke1879

Fuck that. Im not a Sony fan, im not a Microsoft fan. Keep that console war bullshit out of this. Im a fan of my own interests and playing good games without restrictions. If the roles were reversed Id ride just as hard for Microsoft too.

Yea right now it's not even about a console war. It's about you as a consumer and what you're able to do with your property.

If I can't let my friend borrow a game unless he's signed into my account then something is horribly wrong.

I see we got Scott Rohde to reply back. Keep it up guys.

Audioboxer

Scott Rohde ‏@RohdeScott 22s
I love passionate #PlayStation Fans!!

https://twitter.com/RohdeScott/status/338816945975619584

GAF

group-hug2.jpeg

I did my part and sent out some tweets to all 4 people in the OP. I wasn't going to, but I figured adding my voice can only help and not hurt. :)

People are forgetting that publishers are just as big a part of this as the console manufacturers, meaning Sony might not have a choice.
They could look at it like an experiment. Restrictions on one platform, less restrictions on the other and see which side makes more $.

My bet is the less restricted side makes more. Happy customers spend more money.

B.O.O.M

Did my part :)

I AM a bit worried tho....I don't see Sony not doing at least one of the following things

1. DRM for Used Games
2. Paid basic online
3. Sell the hardware at a profit

Given how MS got away with making so much money XBL, I would be surprised if Sony doesn't do the same...it sucks because it's bad for us gamers if they go with either one of these things :(

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Again, What console wars bullshit? I know a lot of these posters. Make some friends.
No no no no no. You misunderstand my intent. I don't think you're about that console war life, dude. I was just supporting his point of this not being a Sony vs MS thing, but a purely gaming thing. That's all.

Loris146

I AM a bit worried tho....I don't see Sony not doing at least one of the following things

1. DRM for Used Games
2. Paid basic online

Given how MS got away with making so much money XBL, I would be surprised if Sony doesn't do the same...it sucks because it's bad for us gamers if they go with either one of these things :(

1 : maybe
2 : no
3 : no at launch.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm unfamiliar with Twitter but if I tweet at them that's good enough right?

I tweeted at 5 of them. Doing what I can.

What I said

"For the love of gamers, do not follow Xbox's lead on used games. #PS4NoDRM"

Shinta

Banned
YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE!

chosenone.png

People probably shouldn't use hashtag PS4UsedGames considering they want us to buy them new. It goes past used games anyway. It's about ownership, letting a friend play, and just the principle of it. I honestly never even buy used games but DRM would be awful on every level.

Again, What console wars bullshit? I know a lot of these posters. Make some friends.

What dos that even mean in context?

Look, Im just trying to make the point that this is less about Sony is Good and Microsoft is Bad. They are both Corporations and will do whatever they think they think can get away with to make money.

It is our job as gamers to show that we wont accept that and its more trouble than the illusionary benefits.

Thats it.

Carl

1. DRM for Used Games
2. Paid basic online

They can sell it for a profit if they like. I'd rather pay a load upfront than be fucked up over through the whole generation.

Akihidas

I'm unfamiliar with Twitter but if I tweet at them that's good enough right?

I tweeted at 5 of them. Doing what I can.

What I said

"For the love of gamers, do not follow Xbox's lead on used games. #PS4NoDRM"

Yep that's all you need. The tag allows you to see all associated tweets and tweeting it at Yosp will put it in his mentions ready to be read.

What dos that even mean in context?

Look, Im just trying to make the point that this is less about Sony is Good and Microsoft is Bad. They are both Corporations and will do whatever they think they think can get away with to make money.

It is our job as gamers to show that we wont accept that and its more trouble than the illusionary benefits.

Thats it.

No no no no no. You misunderstand my intent. I don't think you're about that console war life, dude. I was just supporting his point of this not being a Sony vs MS thing, but a purely gaming thing. That's all.

Awesome. I was just saying I personally saw a lot of SONY fans that I know here speaking up, and got called out for console wars. Which is fun because over the years I've been accused of being a Gamecube fanboy, then a PS2 fanboy, then an xbox fanboy in sequence.

It's cool.

Carl

Meh, thought i may as well go the whole hog and tweet at all of them. And Shane and Nick too. Why not? Can't do any harm.

#PS4NoDRM is pretty active at the minute :)

I'm more concerned with online play being behind a paywall than I am about no used games

It may get lost in the tweets tonight but in general it doesn't hurt to let them know. I tweet back and forth with yosp a few times a month, he's very accessible. I'm not delusional enough to think that I alone am changing anything but the more different sources they hear things the more likely it is to stick.

I expect, if online play is behind a paywall, that the uproar will be pretty large. Hopefully large enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom