• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN, Battlenet, Riot, and others DDOSed; PSN returning lightly toasted with butter

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
"You shouldn't have fired me John smelly. Now I will burn you!"

I can just imagine some 38 year old nerd laughing to himself at all of the inconveniencing he is doing.

Apparently, they(and a friend?) have just posted, John Smedley's personal info. along with a badly photoshoped picture of him being beheaded.

Yeah, they are obsessed.

Microsoft fanboys confirmed?

It's strange how that FamedGod guy vanised. I guess he really was just a COD-bro with too much time and cops took him down already. And where's Unknownsec now? They promised to dox Lizard Group, but they only brought out one dox. Strange.

Yup that actually just happened. This whole thing just keeps getting more pathetic by the day. It seems the guys friend is targeting Virgin too now, so I'm guessing ISP's are the next targets. I'd guess they don't go down too easy though.

Edit: Never mind, it was an old post from yesterday same as the image and dox.

davepoobond

Microsoft fanboys confirmed?

It's strange how that FamedGod guy vanised. I guess he really was just a COD-bro with too much time and cops took him down already. And where's Unknownsec now? They promised to dox Lizard Group, but they only brought out one dox. Strange.

They joined lizard squad.

They're like backstreet boys + nsync now

cakely

Sony needs to stem this as soon as possible. We as gamers know this isn't a hack, but to Johnny Stacks and the general public, anytime someone does something to an online network is considered a "hack". This in turn is going to spread like wildfire and only strengthen the "PS4 is selling better, but Xbox One doesn't get hacked!" narrative. Consumers afraid that the PS4 version of Destiny will be down on day one will have no choice, but to buy Xbox Ones and play Destiny on the better system. This in turn will cause PS4 sales to plummit as Xbox One will take Sept-December. Then Xbox will take its place back at the #1 spot while Nintendo and Sony try to play catchup with Poketekken and The Order: 1886 Setpieces. You could have prevented it Sony after 2012, but as the saying goes, "Fools who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

I wish there was a stickied thread of "classic" old posts so I could contrast and compare.

Someone else is claiming to be shutting them down now. May be false like the others but this account seems to have been made to combat them, so perhaps a couple of anons or something. Guess we'll see soon if the attacks continue.

Edit: Lizard Squad are claiming to be having trouble right now following threats from a new group and an anon. Seems this time it could be legit.

To ipviking we go!

IPViking is lit up like crazy right now. Constant huge waves on Seattle without a seconds rest. 100 times the waves that were happening yesterday.

Nekofrog

Banned
pls, i need to watch summoning insight and see monte stutter for excuses as to why clg got stomped 3-0 by an inferior non-korean bootcamped curse

vazel

Banned
With Twitch down, what if they go for Netflix next. I'm not sure I can take that, I would suicide.

Those internet terrorists hitting us decadent Americans where it hurts the most. :(

davepoobond

With Twitch down, what if they go for Netflix next. I'm not sure I can take that, I would suicide.

Those internet terrorists hitting us decadent Americans where it hurts the most. :(

don't give them ideas!

but its obvious that netflix isn't really gaming related, i dont think they'd go after them.

plus, they need something to watch while they're monitoring their DDoSing, right?

I'm almost willing to bet someone within Lizard Squad has been flipped. Didn't one Lulzsec member get flipped pretty quick then continue doxxing until the FBI could catalog everyone one of them?

San Diego is being targeted as well, most likely trying to nail PSN. Never knew about this ipviking site, pretty cool despite the crappy circumstances.

*Sigh* Guess I'll go on now and enjoy it while it lasts.

Unless they found something else out that way that interests them then they've been hitting PSN all day today and yesterday with no real success. Plus the attack on Twitch has been repeated already, I'd hazard a guess that they already tried PSN again and failed this time. With the DDoS waves still in full force I'd imagine Sony have taken extra measures temporarily.

nelchaar

X3zRuYx.png

Top Bottom