• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN, Battlenet, Riot, and others DDOSed; PSN returning lightly toasted with butter

Cornbread78

all this shit is so fake.....do these guys even try anymore? Responders on twitch are finding the photos and where they came from in a matter of minutes.....

No Hacker ever requests retweets, followers, and people to reply so many times to do what they want. If UGLegion actually Dox'ed Lizard Group the dude would be instantly hired AND make over 6 figures starting salary. You know how easy they could get a job figuring out something faster than the FBI could?

might be their thinking as a way in the door...

On Demand

Banned
all this shit is so fake.....do these guys even try anymore? Responders on twitch are finding the photos and where they came from in a matter of minutes.....

No Hacker ever requests retweets, followers, and people to reply so many times to do what they want. If UGLegion actually Dox'ed Lizard Group the dude would be instantly hired AND make over 6 figures starting salary. You know how easy they could get a job figuring out something faster than the FBI could?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dppf5AcAxQc

Ghazi

Nick Tsahourides ‏@NTsahourides 26m
@LizardSquad Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame and think back on it fondly when you are getting raped and crying like a bitch in federal prison.

giphy.gif

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Love how they're trying to act like a good guy by being attention whoring assholes themselves. We'll help, but 50 RTs first thx!!

It's up now. Not sure if anyone is still wondering but the phone app is working so I'm sure the service is on. I'd test but I'm not at my ps3 right now.

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
Sony needs to stem this as soon as possible. We as gamers know this isn't a hack, but to Johnny Stacks and the general public, anytime someone does something to an online network is considered a "hack". This in turn is going to spread like wildfire and only strengthen the "PS4 is selling better, but Xbox One doesn't get hacked!" narrative. Consumers afraid that the PS4 version of Destiny will be down on day one will have no choice, but to buy Xbox Ones and play Destiny on the better system. This in turn will cause PS4 sales to plummit as Xbox One will take Sept-December. Then Xbox will take its place back at the #1 spot while Nintendo and Sony try to play catchup with Poketekken and The Order: 1886 Setpieces. You could have prevented it Sony after 2012, but as the saying goes, "Fools who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

serious post?

Hellers

Maintenance time is lovely. Trying to settle down to a game of Diablo 3 with a friend. We can't see each other (But can see other friends) and trying to invite pops up an error code that apparently stands for "There's some maintenance going on" Wasn't this maintenance supposed to not stop us from playing online if we were already signed in?

Surely there will be a digital trail to them from their site or do they belive otherwise?

Glad PSN seems to have held up after the initial attack.

I'd guess that they covered their tracks at least to some extent in establishing the site. Either way the clock is clearly counting down on these guys and they seem to think that being kids will keep them out of jail, ever ignorant that their time in juvie for this could easily extend into a prison sentence after. When they went beyond DDoS attacks they begged for a whole heap of trouble sent their way.

Donos

We don't know how many people these groups have. FBI could have 3 canadian kids in custody but other 4 members around the world keep tweeting like nothing can harm them, mocking authorities.

mo60

We don't know how many people these groups have. FBI could have 3 canadian kids in custody but other 4 members around the world keep tweeting like nothing can harm them, mocking authorities.

I don't think any of the members of lizardsquard have been arrested yet.

mo60

And 2 lizardsquad members have been caught by the FBI according to a lizardsquad member, but I don't think we should trust the source yet.

Nokterian

And 2 lizardsquad members have been caught by the FBI according to a lizardsquad member, but I don't think we should trust the source yet.

If true....they worked faster then before. Good to see this and hopefully they others get caught also. FBI will get you no matter what.

todd360

Da faq? That tweet makes it sound like they don't even care about getting caught. Probably just trying to make himself look like a badass.

Jafo_

I think they are going to be treated like adults in the court system so they will most likely be sent to jail for 5+ years.

It would have just been juvy if it was just DDoS, bomb threat a plane, they better try and hack a good lawyer.

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
Why would you trust tweets from Lizard Squad about members of Lizard Squad being caught? lol

Top Bottom