• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

psn down again

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
PSN is shit, coming from Steam it's a massive downgrade. I really love my PS4 but PSN is awful, and to think we pay for it. It took an entire day to download Far Cry when it would take a couple of hours on Steam.

Gandalf

I was going to make a thread myself.

Super annoyed actually. Been tearing my hair out over this, I checked the status of PSN and it said it was fine. All green on the website (last night after I had issues) Thought nothing more about it. Was told by Sony's customer service woman on the phone it was probably a router issue even though I had tried just about every method I could think of. Port forwarding etc. Nothing worked obviously. They then tell me it is probably an issue with my ISP. I then phone my ISP who said everything was groovy at their end...

I then phone Sony back explaining what had happened, and was then instructed to do a full initialisation (Factory reset I take it) which made me salty as I had P.T installed.

And guess what? It didn't bloody work. Their own customer service agents didn't even know it was down. And now I have no P.T, and will have to reinstall 450gb+ of software.

Super salty now.

Fuck everything.

Edit: and to top it off my auto renew for PSN got deducted from my bank today. Woohoo.

TallWhimsicalAnnelid.gif

FranXico

PSN login started working after a while, but trophies and friends list are going up and down.

This is not maintenance IMO. Some people have likewise been complaining about Xbox Live.

I suspect the lizards are up to their old tricks again, but Sony was slightly better prepared this time.

vypek

Can we seriously get an OT? Someone always puts a thread up and articles are always written when its having an issue. It seems simple enough for people to just track on their own with down detector and the official status page but if not, we could just have a long thread where people can post to once its gone down again

NewDust

I tried to play Driveclub and the PSN check in froze the console. Had to hard reset and Driveclub was somehow corrupted. Now I have to wait on 10 GB of updates as I reinstall...

Ugh.

I had driveclub also lockup on boot, was able to exit the application though. Could boot when I disconnected my internet. Sony, where is the "you can play your games offline" promise?

Edit: wait, I disconnected and was able to play the game... So disregard my promise statement.

Can we seriously get an OT? Someone always puts a thread up and articles are always written when its having an issue. It seems simple enough for people to just track on their own with down detector and the official status page but if not, we could just have a long thread where people can post to once its gone down again

Exactly, as has been the case the last couple of times, it's working fine for me. Now, that doesn't mean other people aren't experiencing real problems, but I feel like sometimes threads like these make people think it's more widespread than it is.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Working here all night, GAF was down all day thou.

Top Bottom