• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Weekly Deals – PS Plus Specials and Deep Silver Sale

I've been playing through Rogue Galaxy this week and i love it, art direction is great and the combat is mostly fun, Dark Cloud 2 bored me to death though.

GTA games are widescreen, Max Payne isn't.

Eh, it's not great but really we're talking a couple of songs out of a pool of dozens.

No I don't care about wide-screen. I'm OK with bars on left and right, not OK with bars on top and bottom. Typically exist due to the games being made back in the day with overscan. But no reason to exist in one of these so that's why I'm hesitant

I just want no bars on top and bottom, or no buy

"runs well" = has an inconsistent frame rate throughout the entire game, 20-60 fps. Lots of screen tearing - there is a v-sync option in the menu that does literally nothing at all. Also freezes the PS4 occasionally so hard you have to cut the power (hold power button for 10 seconds)

i'm sorry your PS4 is apparently ill. i didn't experience a single bit of that. *shrug*

i paid $10 for SR4 + GoH. i'm happy. :)

LakeEarth

Man, PaRappa is fucking awesome.

I played the first 3 songs last night, and had a great time. I hope the PS2-to-PS4 version sells well enough to consider making a new one. 90s nostalgia is in. I wouldn't bring it to retail though, I feel like this game would work well today as a $20 digital title.

If they ever go on sale, I'm picking up the PSone ones on my PS3, even though I barely touch the thing.

I've been playing through Rogue Galaxy this week and i love it, art direction is great and the combat is mostly fun, Dark Cloud 2 bored me to death though.

I see what people like in it, I'm not sure it is for me though. Getting a game over is frustrating though, it takes ~2-3 minutes to get back to your last save.

Massa

"runs well" = has an inconsistent frame rate throughout the entire game, 20-60 fps. Lots of screen tearing - there is a v-sync option in the menu that does literally nothing at all. Also freezes the PS4 occasionally so hard you have to cut the power (hold power button for 10 seconds)

"looks fine" = last gen textures, no anisotropic filtering, no anti aliasing (even last gen versions had anti aliasing), terrible draw distance. Would be fine if it also ran at 60 fps with all the ugliness but see above.

Not to go on forever about this, you clearly had your own experience with the game, but it doesn't run at 20fps. It's 30-45fps. There's also no screen tearing at all. I didn't have it crash my system nor had I read about this issue at all until now.

It's far from a technical marvel, it's a rough port actually, but it runs well enough and it's one of the best open world games of the last few years. And unlike the PS3 version, it's a very playable port. I remember playing it alongside Arkham Knight and having way more fun with it. The speed you move through the city makes it such a fun game.

Top Bottom