• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSX (Playstation Experience) Attendees Thread Dec 5-6 2015

finalflame

So just out of curiosity, considering the occasion, why a 3DS and not a Vita?

Note: I have both and I like both systems, but just curious.

Basically I've burned through my entire Vita catalog and am now catching up on 3DS backlog. But good point, I might stick the Vita in my backpack just in case (if only Near wasn't now defunct).

Am I safe to assume that BART is ok coming from Oakland Airport?

Yes. The stretch that is being worked on is between Union City and Fremont. The most notable thing East -> West BART travelers are likely to notice is that those Fremont/Daly City BART trains will likely be packed (depending on the time) so if you're coming from Oakland Airport I'd just get on the Dublin/Daly City train; Ultimately any SF bound train where you can get a seat and can comfortably move your bags about will be a win.

Just for reference, the Google Doc highlights are just to keep track of who can't make it (red) and which badges I've made (blue).

Pejo

Gold Member

Looks like RIGS will be at PSX - really want to try this one!

https://twitter.com/Guerrilla/status/671431034072772609

rHnqgso.png

Awww yes, the main reason I'm headed to this thing. Bring on the glorious VR
and hella long lines.

finalflame

I'd be OK with this, probably going to have a 3DS and a Vita for some gaming as well. I'll shoot you a PM with my phone number. My friend and I are getting into SF Friday around noon so we can check into our hotel early and avoid the majority of the Friday bay area traffic.

So just out of curiosity, considering the occasion, why a 3DS and not a Vita?

Note 1: I have both and I like both systems, but just curious.

Note 2: I'm also down for meeting up in line early.

Messaged you both! Let's do this!

finalflame

Might line up with you guys if it's cool, but 5-6am...I should really grab a chair.

All you need is a cushion!

Edit: Guys, should we create a WhatsApp group chat for all of us to communicate? I think that would be neat and make some things easier. Also we can share in the hype in real time, for those interested.

Coming from the Dublin/Pleasanton line on Saturday morning with my friend though I'm tempted to just stay in SF at my cousin's place...

And yeah, BART gonna BART with those delays, I put up with them daily as it is.

n3ds and Vita are all charged up so they'll be making the trek to PSX.

Looking forward to hopefully meeting up with some of you. I'll probably try to wear something that's easy to identify.

finalflame

Coming from the Dublin/Pleasanton line on Saturday morning with my friend though I'm tempted to just stay in SF at my cousin's place...

And yeah, BART gonna BART with those delays, I put up with them daily as it is.

n3ds and Vita are all charged up so they'll be making the trek to PSX.

Looking forward to hopefully meeting up with some of you. I'll probably try to wear something that's easy to identify.

Look who it is! We traded some AC cards. Looks like we'll finally meet.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Any word on where/when to get badges yet? And geeze you guys going that early?? I'm not a morning person but will have to drive across the bridge.

krae_man

All you need is a cushion!

Edit: Guys, should we create a WhatsApp group chat for all of us to communicate? I think that would be neat and make some things easier. Also we can share in the hype in real time, for those interested.

There's a line group already. The link is in post #2!

krae_man

How do you get more than one ticket? I've got one, but want to pick one up for a friend.

Buy with your friends login details(but use your credit card)?

Any word on where/when to get badges yet? And geeze you guys going that early?? I'm not a morning person but will have to drive across the bridge.

The where is in your confirmation email(first floor of Moscone Center West), the when has still not been announced.

finalflame

can i watch ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Are we going back to the talks about how/were the GAF orgy is gonna happen post-show?

There's a line group already. The link is in post #2!

Oh sweet! I tried to join it and LINE told me "This group does not exist". Used the link on mobile. Is the group still up?

Yep yep, looking forward to it man. Also, thanks again for your help in completing the set. We can commiserate together about the impending doom of Series 2 to our wallets lol.

i9UY2PQ.jpg

Same thanks to you! My set is finally complete as well, in no small part thanks to the cards you sent my way. Wallet is already dreading/excited for Series 2 in January.

krae_man

Oh sweet! I tried to join it and LINE told me "This group does not exist". Used the link on mobile. Is the group still up?

Yes. I made it public and named it "NeoGAF PSX Group". Try searching maybe? Or double check the link and make sure you didn't have something else in the URL by mistake.

Nicko

Can't wait to see you all there! I'm putting together "GAF Grub" bags with goodies to hand out Saturday morning, so hit me up for free snacks!

3ARfsTL.png

Yeaaa just signed up. Am gonna drive up to the BART so if anybody needs help going to Fremo..

Goddamit... I guess that plan is out , might take the cal train from San jose then.

Just to clarify, the route between Fremont and Union City won't be closed, just delayed trains on those tracks (e.g. Fremont/Daly City line) due to there only being one track, so if parking at Fremont Station and taking the BART still makes the most financial sense for you, you should do it!

finalflame

Yes. I made it public and named it "NeoGAF PSX Group". Try searching maybe? Or double check the link and make sure you didn't have something else in the URL by mistake.

Sweet, finally got it -- copy and pasting was adding a special char at the end I hadn't noticed.

I initially messaged EvilLore but anyone aware of or interested in inviting some GAF mods to the meetup? I'd make their badges NeoGAF Gold, of course.

Triz

Anyone have experience with leaving a car over night at a Bart station? If I park at the hotel it's gonna cost me $70 (fucking Frisco.).

AcridMeat

Banned
I initially messaged EvilLore but anyone aware of or interested in inviting some GAF mods to the meetup? I'd make their badges NeoGAF Gold, of course.
Try Cornballer, charlequin, and Cyan, they're all bay area GAF.

I may try to go to this still but may just end up seeing folks at the meet up.

Hmmm.. Hey we could actually help each other out! If people coming out to PSX are going to be new to Uber or Lyft, you can use the below referral code so you'll get the credit when signing up, and I'll get some when you use it. We both win :)

Highlight for referral code:
Uber ($15 credit towards first ride): Lyft ($20 Credit towards first ride):
Also, if posting that is no bueno, just let me know and I'll remove it!

Totally. I'm definitely showing up early to get some good seats.

holy shit thanks

Cyan said no.

btw

tonight i successfully reproduced Millionaire's Bacon. Bringing some to the meet.

Armadilo

Banned
Second post so you don't have to quote the OP!

I have a Line group started as well. Join it to keep up to date on meetup related happenings. If we end up having a last minute venue change or you are having trouble finding us etc. I'll try and keep updating the thread but I think the Line app will work better.

Quote to see Line link(note apparently link works better if clicked via mobile as opposed to on PC)

Hope to see you there!
Guys we are using the line app, download and follow the link and join in

holy shit thanks

Cyan said no.

btw

tonight i successfully reproduced Millionaire's Bacon. Bringing some to the meet.
I am now more excited for the bacon than the keynote. Wow, did I just say that? Good thing I'm kidding... >_> <_< ...
bacon.gif

All badges have been "designed". Printing them out tomorrow night on some sort of stock paper (if I were rich it'd be on real "cards" but alas).

Oh and bringing lawn chairs, extra drinks, and maybe some other random goodness to make the wait Sat morning a little easier.

Alright I finally figure out how to join the Line group (man it was picky about the case) so I'm good on that front. I was intending on going alone and driving back in the evening (live in Sac) but thinking I should just find a cheap place somewhere near a BART station in the east bay and hang out all weekend.

finalflame

Imagine how baller he'd look on one of these.
<snip>
Hey Adam, you should totally ride one of those on stage. Lol.

If he's walking around SoMa he really needs to be riding one of those Razer scooters that are popular with 11 year old and the tech crowd. Will fit right in.

lol the PSX icon on twitter has Destiny, Casualfront and BOPSIII as 3/5 images for it. Get hype everyone!

200.gif

I'm praying they work on all that snoozefest in the first 20 minutes and then we can focus on the rest of the games. Just get it done ASAP so I don't have to browsing on the internet once that snoozefest begins at random points during the conference. The hype is real.

Especially for folks with glasses.

I wear glasses, but I will try it with contacts one day, and with glasses another day. I did just recently get a Google Cardboard kit, and it works fine without glasses or contacts. I am nearsighted if that matters. I'm so excited to try it out. Google Cardboard is awesome so I'm sure this is on a whole new level.

If you're coming from Oakland Airport I'd just get on the Dublin/Daly City train; Ultimately any SF bound train where you can get a seat and can comfortably move your bags about will be a win.

Does the Dublin/Daly City train drop me off at Powell street? Not familiar with BART at all.

Luke_Wal

Is there really not an official Predictions & Discussions thread for this show? I would start one but I fear the banhammer...

Cudder

I'll be flying in on Friday, never been to San Fran before. Can I just ask a taxi to take me to the GG bridge? I don't want a tour of it or anything, I just want to see it from a nice vantage point and get a few pictures of it.

krae_man

I'll be flying in on Friday, never been to San Fran before. Can I just ask a taxi to take me to the GG bridge? I don't want a tour of it or anything, I just want to see it from a nice vantage point and get a few pictures of it.

Probably, or you can take a bus from the Daily City BART Stop IIRC.

There may be faster ways though. Locals will know.

Top Bottom