• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Gameplay (Gamescom 2015)

Moskalova

Rating for PC in Brazil

jxhNoEx.png

http://portal.mj.gov.br/ClassificacaoIndicativa/jsps/DadosJogoForm.do?select_action=&tbjogo_codigo=7100

Credit to Gematsu

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

Havik

Do we have to wait untill the february microsoft event for new info? or will the previews come out sooner than that.

"In Quantum Break, because time manipulation is such a central part of the story and Jack’s character arc, the AI couldn’t simply ignore Jack using his abilities so we had to create a whole new behavior AI system which allows the AI to react differently depending on which Time Power Jack uses. "

sounds cool

I hope that new AI comes to fruition. Most games with powers, enemies are just cannon fodder that only pose a challenge by just throwing lots of them at you. Infamous, Crackdown, Prototype, etc.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Starting to get hyped. I hope Microsoft pushes the game hard till its release which I think they'll do. But they need to start soon, especially with Dark Souls 3 and Uncharted 4 coming out in the same time frame.

Starting to get hyped. I hope Microsoft pushes the game hard till its release which I think they'll do. But they need to start soon, especially with Dark Souls 3 and Uncharted 4 coming out in the same time frame.

I think this will get a solid marketing push. Hopefully there's some sort of co-op or something though

Don't know if its new thread worthy or not but saw this pop up in my timeline this morning.

During a masterclass lecture held at the Cité des Sciences et de l’Industrie in Paris, that DualShockers attended, Remedy Entertainment Creative Director Sam Lake talked more about Quantum Break, providing insight, information, and even some interesting anecdotes on the development of the game and on the production of the live action show.

The concept of freezing time that was part of the ideas for Alan Wake 2 eventually found its way into Quantum Break‘s time stutters.
In Quantum Break there’s a small live action clip that gives a glimpse into what’s happening in the world of Alan Wake.
According to Lake, Quantum Break is, more than Max Payne and Alan Wake, a conscious effort into looking at what are the elements that make a Remedy game, and taking all the learnings that the team had through the years, and using them to create a new experience.
For Lake, everything needs to serve a purpose. He needed to figure out what the role of the show is, what the game is about, its different components, and the story that supports these elements. Features can’t be there for their own sake. It would be easy to just make a list of features, but they need to have a purpose.

A lot more at the link

http://www.*****************/2016/0...o-on-game-and-live-action-show-from-sam-lake/

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Damn I need this like right now.

Man, I want to read these impressions, but everything already looks great to me, so I'm going to try and maintain a blackout on the coverage as I got far too much info about Alan Wake before I completed it and I know the experience would have been better more blind than I was.

mindsale

The gameplay is so intriguing to me. It looks wonderful. Especially that crystal / silver aesthetic of pocketed, shattered time.

The fact that there're real actors involved that break from their in-game models for live-action cutscenes has me highly, highly skeptical that it won't be a cheese-fest.

Top Bottom