• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology announced - 3DS full remake + new scenario

jett

D-Member
When first rumors appeared about this thing I thought it was a remake of Radiata Stories, was wondering why would anyone bother with that, lol.

Aru

It's been almost 6 years since I beat the original game. I guess it's been long enough, I can play a remake.
No way I'm done with 3DS in 2017 then.

Tizoc

Neat here's hoping for a better localization as the original game i played had a little wonky localization

Dark_castle

Huh was hoping for sequel or prequel. The artwork seems to have been changed too, Stoke looks slightly different. And I'm not sure if RH needed remake in the first place.

Tamanator

Never finished my playthrough of the original due to becoming sidetracked with Uni work, but from what I played it was one of my favourite DS games. Perhaps a remake will give me enough motivation to dive back into it.

Maybe the new scenario will have a sequel hook. The ending of the original game felt pretty... complete. And It's interesting how there is an emphasis on the I in the logo. Maybe Radiant Historia I? Could be another possible sequel tease.

AerialAir

Banned
I guess I should play the original at some point now. A remake means if the game is good it'll probably be worth replaying. Hopefully this comes out in Europe this time.
But I'm still waiting on EOV's localisation.

It is a very good game, Megami Tensei good. I've played the original several years age and had to import. If Atlus/KockMedia don't bring this over, there will be mass hysteria in Europe!
You know, from the niche Atlus/JPRG fans... and not like EU isn't very hysterical already...

khaaan

So...I should leave my copy in the shrink wrap? =P
I bought it a couple months ago since it was sort of a niche release and was probably going to be hard to find eventually. Though I do think it got reprinted at one point.

Maybe the new scenario will have a sequel hook. The ending of the original game felt pretty... complete. And It's interesting how there is an emphasis on the I in the logo. Maybe Radiant Historia I? Could be another possible sequel tease.

Might be possible, but the "I" in the original game was also a stylized though no where near that extent.

lqP9xT9.jpg

Bluenoser

I absolutely loved the first one. Amazing game with time travel done right.

Disappointed that the sequel will be 3DS and not Switch.

Dantis

Do we know if it's the same artist? Looks a lot shinier than I remember.

I'm in either way though. Huge fan of the first game.

Skulldead

Quite sad....

add a hard mode and you got yourself a buyer. Love that game but i don't think a new scenario would make me play again.... but does that scenario is
A third time line ?, if yes that would be amazing

Narroo

You know, the plot of RH always felt a bit unfinished, like they ran out of time and had to cut off plot threads and whatnot.

Also, apparently in Japan there was a Mania book that described the desertification as being caused by a giant monster. Maybe the new scenario is a wrap up?

Rymuth

You know, the plot of RH always felt a bit unfinished, like they ran out of time and had to cut off plot threads and whatnot.

Also, apparently in Japan there was a Mania book that described the desertification as being caused by a giant monster. Maybe the new scenario is a wrap up?
I wouldnt say unfinished, everything was tied up pretty neatly by the end. I do wish they'd use this opportunity to expand on some characters (read: Raynie)

chadboban

One of my all time favorite DS games. Actually bought it twice because I lost my original copy while travelling about half way through the game. If I didn't like it so much I probably would've just moved on but I NEEDED to finish it and it was well worth it.

Bladenic

Game is great but would've preferred a follow-up rather than remake.

This. Game ain't that old. I enjoyed the OG so I'll probably still get this remake though.

I hope Aht still destroys everything (minus large enemies like those damn spiders).

DPB

7 years feels a bit too soon to me. I'd rather they put the developers to use making something new, especially seeing as this seems to more than just an enhanced port.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I hate that this series is in a cycle where it releases so late in the hardware life cycle.

Atlus sucks at this. We'd been boned with Persona 5 on the PS3 like Persona on the PS2 if they hadn't done a quick PS4 port.

Come on son .gif #Atlus

MSMrRound

7 years feels a bit too soon to me. I'd rather they put the developers to use making something new, especially seeing as this seems to more than just an enhanced port.

I had been planning to get a copy but it's usually out of print, so getting a remake+extra scenario seems pretty okay for me.

Weebos

Banned
Interesting, I have the DS version but hadn't got around to it yet. Guess I never will if this comes to the States.

Last JRPG I actually finished.

This post stands out to me. I've started plenty of JRPGs but I think the last one I actually finished was Persona 3. I think the last one I actually enjoyed finishing was FFVII.

Edit: Actually, I finished AND enjoyed Earthbound on Wii U VC, but still. It is exceedingly rare that I find a JRPG worth playing until the end.

Instro

Weird to do a full remake and then release it on a single platform near the end of its life. I'm down, hopefully there is a lead in for a sequel.

Top Bottom