• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology announced - 3DS full remake + new scenario

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
The original was my favorite non-remake DS game, so it's cool that there's gonna be a remake for the 3DS. Even though I definitely was hoping for something a bit... more. But hey, if more people get to experience the interesting story, great characterization, and unique battle system, the better.

Hopefully the new game has more music tracks, speeds up the backtracking a tad, and gets rid of those awful walking SFX.

Opa-Pa

Well this is surprising, I decided to play the original like two weeks ago and now this lol. I guess I'll wait till it's out to see how it compares to the original.

Atlus publishes and it's the remake of a fairly popular DS JRPG so I'd day a localization is likely.

Stalwart

Even if this doesn't get localized there will probably be an English patch eventually given its script is very likely to be near identical until the new scenario pops up. I'm in whenever it's available in English.

rhandino

Banned
;ALSDJKL;ASKJDL;SAKJ;LSDKJF;ASLDKJF;SLDKJF;SADLF

jSAevuz.gif

YAS! YAS! YAS! YAS!

jSAevuz.gif

Praying that this get localized because I lost my original copy a while ago and never finished because it was too hard to get another one T_T

3DS is disappointing, but I'll pick it up. I liked the original version, and am interested in the new scenario. Really, the only issue I had with the game was that it didn't have enough unique environments.

Not enough unique environments, music and monsters. I expect these to be remedied here...I hope. The shoestring budget the game was made with was very evident.

duckroll

6998yen for digital and retail, 10584yen for the "Perfect Edition" LE. Same director and composer. New character designer is Masaki Hirooka (Suikoden Tierkreis).

- Selectable Difficulty Settings
- Voice acting
- Brand new graphics
- Beautiful visuals for the event scenes
- Animated opening video by A-1 Pictures

- There is a new Sub-History scenario route to go with the Normal and Alternative Histories. The new character plays an important role there.

- There are two game modes - Perfect Mode and Append Mode. In Perfect Mode, all 3 scenarios are mixed together from the start. In Append Mode, you have only have the regular and alternative histories available initially, and you unlock the sub-history after completing the game once.

- Game is 95% complete.

elyetis

Yep, I'm in the same boat. Figured i'd get to it eventually and now this. So many games get re-releases, remakes, upgrades, etc that sometimes I wonder if it's better to just wait and see.
Yeah but then you always fear that you might miss the boat and that this game become impossible to find at a decent price.

GamerJM

Banned
God damn it. I've recently bought the DS version, but haven't started it yet.

Same. Well by "recently," I mean a year ago but whatever. Don't think I'll pick this up (same thing happened with Record Breaker, lol, and that was one I picked up because we hadn't gotten any news on the 3DS version/port, as opposed to this which I just never really imagined happening in the first place).

jorgeton

Huh. Kinda disappointed. Not a huge fan of remakes of games less than 10 years old. But if it helps this IP get a new audience that leads to an actual sequel, then I'm ok with it.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Nice. I hope we see a new one after this but I'm happy the IP isn't dead. Hope this version sells better in Japan. Though it's weird how, like the original release, they're releasing so late in the system's life cycle.

Rad-

I remember really disliking the combat system and stopped playing because of it. I'm still mildly interested in trying this again though.

Original was one of the better RPGs on DS. Nice strategic (even if sometimes monotonous) battle system, Shimomura's great music, interesting characters and nice plot.

Will be interesting to hear what the characters are supposed sound like with the voice acting.

I didn't expect this game ever receiving a remake, though.

Skulldead

6998yen for digital and retail, 10584yen for the "Perfect Edition" LE. Same director and composer. New character designer is Masaki Hirooka (Suikoden Tierkreis).

- Selectable Difficulty Settings
- Voice acting
- Brand new graphics
- Beautiful visuals for the event scenes
- Animated opening video by A-1 Pictures

- There is a new Sub-History scenario route to go with the Normal and Alternative Histories. The new character plays an important role there.

- There are two game modes - Perfect Mode and Append Mode. In Perfect Mode, all 3 scenarios are mixed together from the start. In Append Mode, you have only have the regular and alternative histories available initially, and you unlock the sub-history after completing the game once.

- Game is 95% complete.

And sold, just wait for english annoucement.

Zyrox

You know, Atlus did these DS to 3DS remakes quite a bit in the past with the Etrian Odyssey Untold games and the Devil Survivor games.
Because of that and now this Radiant Historia remake it wouldn't shock me if the SMT 3DS project was a Strange Journey remake.
I agree with the notion of some of the posters here that remaking a game just one gen later feels a little underwhelming even if I'm still excited for RHR (if it ever gets localized)

mugwhump

Oh damn, that's awesome. Easily in the top 3 ds rpgs.

I hope there's a hard mode, the battle system was amazing but I spent so much time fighting I became overleveled

Edit: oh hell yeah

I bought Radiant Historia but only played it for a handful of hours. Loved it tho so looking forward to this!

That new art however. Not looking too hot, hopefully this artist can match up to the old in the end. Stocke looked like a badass before.

Voliko

Any word on more music?

Hard mode is very welcome. Original had a cool battle system but it was too easy, you never really had to take advantage of all the mechanics + the little girl character was OP

Maxinas

Any word on more music?

Hard mode is very welcome. Original had a cool battle system but it was too easy, you never really had to take advantage of all the mechanics + the little girl character was OP

Yoko Shimomura was mentioned in the Atlus presentation for this Sunday, so i assume she will return to compose/remake the ost.

wrowa

It being almost complete is a good reason.

Or it looking like a barely enhanced remake, at least judging by those tiny screens. They would have needed to put a lot more effort (and consequently money) into it to make it look okay on Switch.

Instro

Or it looking like a barely enhanced remake, at least judging by those tiny screens. They would have needed to put it a lot more effort (and consequently money) to make it look okay on Switch.
Very true, assuming those are indeed screens of the remake. Hard to tell.

Top Bottom