• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology announced - 3DS full remake + new scenario

Loptous

They could have at least made new sprites for walking diagonally.
That's the only thing that bothered me in the original. ><

And yeah, not feeling the new artworks either.
I guess I'll still buy it if it gets a localization.

FluxWaveZ

OG artwork shows a battle harden man who has seen some serious shit and been through things. New artwork looks like a generic pretty shounen hero.

Unfortunately, I tend to agree. Shame that the new artist took a different direction to things. Between old art being DLC and the chibi art DLC, at least it seems players will be able to make it look how they see fit.

Lol I thought the thing looked identical based on those tiny scans but reserved my comment because it's supposed to be a full remake. Keyword: supposed. Even the 3D backgrounds look the same. Only thing different is the new inferior art sigh. I guess given how the original sold this is the best one could hope for. Ah well. Hopefully the extras are worth it. But yeah full remake this isn't.

What did they do to Eruca though? The new art really ruins her unique design from the original :(

Also now I have a clear view of the new character, I'm getting bad vibes from her. It may just be the new cheery art and her design, but I am not very confident the new timeline will work well with the others. Just have to wait and see I guess.

Arkeband

Banned
wow those latest screens, what a joke.

I would be shocked if this was localized, even if it looks like the amount of localization they'd need is negligible.

FluxWaveZ

It's still Radiant Historia. Having more people experience the game is worth it alone, and the fact that this even exists is pretty great in itself, for acknowledgement of the original game.

BigEmil

If it was a ground up full remake for Switch i would've bought a Switch right now

Edit: wait that's what they call a remake? Lol interest gone

Jeffrey

A full remake was a dream. Original game was pretty budget to begin with just looking at the Sprites and limited locations and enemy types.

Beartruck

Ugh, it is a small difference in the character designs, but an important one. Everyone in the original had a kind of dirty world weariness to them that matched the setting. Characters now just look like generic anime.

2San

Such a pointless "remake", seems more like a port if anything. I know there is VA and an additional scenario. This is just lackluster all round, see no reason what so ever to double dip.

That said it is an amazing game.
It's still Radiant Historia. Having more people experience the game is worth it alone, and the fact that this even exists is pretty great in itself, for acknowledgement of the original game.
I literally experienced this game for the first time on the 3DS.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Yeah, after seeing the scans I vastly prefer the original art. Especially Eruca--she just doesn't look right now at all. And the fact that the game looks almost exactly the same as the original isn't leaving a good impression either.

Still waiting to see exactly how significant the new content is, but seeing those scans is definitely souring me on this game.

Jeffrey

Just a weird timing for a ds remake too. Like I remember playing the original on a 3ds lol. If it was early 3ds life time than fine a ds remake could work like those smt over clock versions...but now... And at those prices?

Who is this for lol.

redcrayon

Such a pointless "remake", seems more like a port if anything. I know there is VA and an additional scenario. This is just lackluster all round, see no reason what so ever to double dip.

That said it is an amazing game.

I literally experienced this game for the first time on the 3DS.
Something EU players can't do. Nothing wrong with issuing updated ports of stuff that only released in some territories.

Regardless of the character art change being good or bad... why do it at all, if the rest of the game looks the same? The new portraits aren't stereoscopic, are they?

So it's a "remake" that...doesn't have any of it's art assets changed...has worse character portraits most notably that they ruined Eruca's hair for no good reason (though I can think of a number of awful ones...)...doesn't change any of the scenarios...but adds another sub-scenario with a DO NOT STEAL OG CHARACTER...

...I'll still buy it but I'll be playing it with a frown the entire time.

4Tran

Yeah, after seeing the scans I vastly prefer the original art. Especially Eruca--she just doesn't look right now at all. And the fact that the game looks almost exactly the same as the original isn't leaving a good impression either.
I can't tell if she's worse or the new Aht that looks like a noseless wonder. At the very least, the new art should have tried to capture the underlying sadness of the game - all of these characters are supposed to die many times over the course of the different endings.

3DS Units shipped - Worldwide: 65.30 million (as of December 31, 2016)
It's Atlus - they're the people who released Persona 4 in 2008. I figure the biggest reason for 3DS is because they didn't want to invest the money into really sprucing up the game, and that wouldn't fly on the Switch.

So it's a "remake" that...doesn't have any of it's art assets changed...has worse character portraits most notably that they ruined Eruca's hair for no good reason (though I can think of a number of awful ones...)...doesn't change any of the scenarios...but adds another sub-scenario with a DO NOT STEAL OG CHARACTER...
Well, the reason is that they wanted to make her look more like a stereotypical princess. The problem is that that sort of defeats the purpose of her character.

KarmaCow

Regardless of the character art change being good or bad... why do it at all, if the rest of the game looks the same? The new portraits aren't stereoscopic, are they?

Maybe they have new characters in the new scenario so they updated the portraits to make them more consistent.

4Tran

Maybe they have new characters in the new scenario so they updated the portraits to make them more consistent.
They could presumably have just had the new characters drawn in the style of the old ones. The real reason for the new portraits is that it's a way to add value to the port without having to spend a lot of money. The same goes for the chibi portraits.

KarasuEXE

...I'll still buy it but I'll be playing it with a frown the entire time.

Exactly, I love Eruca's design so much...

Wait...

Does that mean her spritework was revised too?

Nooooooo

zeromcd73

Exactly, I love Eruca's design so much...

Wait...

Does that mean her spritework was revised too?

Nooooooo
She got moed
C7jkH_DVAAA016n.jpg

Top Bottom