• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAMADAN 2014 |OT| Return of 18 hour Fasting, From Dawn till Dusk. Hard Mode Redux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bidguy

Banned
750 grams of low carb curd, big slice of rye bread with cheese and poultry, 2 hard boiled eggs, 400 ml milk, 1l water

ready for the day

I've definitely been out of it this ramadan. Probably because of work/the hours. I am expecting eid on monday but not too sure.

L.O.R.D

went to mecca a couple days ago
it was very crowded
i took some pictures
CXxOWHO.jpg

e5xGtou.jpg

s1gME2h.jpg

EE3Cv8W.jpg

7voeZK5.jpg

all the omra took from us about 2 hour , after aser and before 30 minutes from magreb

when we arrived at home we found this on the table
pWT5Ngf.jpg

it was very crowded
i took some pictures

all the omra took from us about 2 hour , after aser and before 30 minutes from magreb

pWT5Ngf.jpg

I really don't like the clock tower and hotels :(

But the Al Baik looks good :)

L.O.R.D

I really don't like the clock tower and hotels :(

But the Al Baik looks good :)

don't worry
they are all temporarily
the clock tower will be the last thing to be removed , after 15 years from now

every thing else from 7 to 12 years will be gone
its for the harm expanding process

don't worry
they are all temporarily
the clock tower will be the last thing to be removed , after 15 years from now

every thing else from 7 to 12 years will be gone
its for the harm expanding process

Seems like a waste. And not such a great idea to demolish giant buildings next to the mosque..

Spongebob

Banned
Tonight at the end of Tarawih when we (local mosque) were doing a dua, the imam mentioned Palestine in the dua and I can't even describe the sadness I felt then. Grown men around me were crying.

May Allah have mercy on our souls.

it was very crowded
i took some pictures

Ah congrats on performing Umrah. Also, you just had to post pictures of food! ;)

don't worry
they are all temporarily

They're temporary? What exactly are their plans for the area

Tonight at the end of Tarawih when we (local mosque) were doing a dua, the imam mentioned Palestine in the dua and I can't even describe the sadness I felt then. Grown men around me were crying.

You can also tell by the loudness of the Ameen. Well for us anyways, I can recall everyone saying the Ameen louder when Imam made dua for Palestine.

Such a sad situation, makes me sad right now thinking about it all.

Sajjaja

I was wondering all Ramadan if there was an OT for it and now I've found it at the end...

Speaking of Qunoot, the masjid I go to for jumma did it a couple of weeks ago. I don't normally react to tajweed because I don't understand it, but when he started reciting it, I started sobbing, which is the first time I ever did. Not sure what it was but it was just so powerful.

Hadn't seen any relatively new pictures of Mecca, so thanks for those.

Those new buildings (hotels?) with the clock tower, they looks gaudy as hell. What the hell were they thinking?

B4D1E

Never thought of finding an OT about Ramadan.

I'm also amazed of how much muslims brothers and sisters, there are on Gaf lol. I never suspected that much TBH.

Happy last weekend of Ramadan. And like Rusty said, we will have the moon wars in about a day or two.

Tizoc

Eid Mubarak in advance fellow GAFfers. I decided to work during Eid, but I got stuck with a nigh shift (Morning would've been perfect but oh well).
Be safe in the next few days and may you have joyous eid.

L.O.R.D

Ah congrats on performing Umrah. Also, you just had to post pictures of food! ;)

They're temporary? What exactly are their plans for the area

thanks
they are expanding the harm area
they just finished level 1 , expanding the current tawaf area , they made 2 floors
next expand the area around the harm so they can expand the harm it self

Somehow the last days are the hardest! I keep sleeping through suhoor and waking up with a headache. Just a few days left now! Eid will be on Monday for us, I'm so excited! Unfortunately for me, I have to be in court (I'm a lawyer) during Eid prayer though... what a bummer ;(

L.O.R.D

Hadn't seen any relatively new pictures of Mecca, so thanks for those.

Those new buildings (hotels?) with the clock tower, they looks gaudy as hell. What the hell were they thinking?

the clock tower is a gift from the king to the harm
it cost them around 3 billion dollar

its weird you just noticed the hotels
they are part hotel , part market
they were around for long time
the clock tower is the newest building in the area , i think the room for one night cost 500
and it could reach to 7000 SR
and it reach more then 10000 for the season ( Ramadan and Haj )

Linkhero1

This Ramadan flew by so quick. I can't believe there are only a few more days left. I also found this to be the easiest Ramadan. I have not been hungry or thirsty while fasting this entire month.

the clock tower is a gift from the king to the harm
it cost them around 3 billion dollar

its weird you just noticed the hotels
they are part hotel , part market
they were around for long time
the clock tower is the newest building in the area , i think the room for one night cost 500
and it could reach to 7000 SR
and it reach more then 10000 for the season ( Ramadan and Haj )

Maybe it's the position the photos were taken? I honestly didn't see any hotels in the last pictures I saw a few years ago.

Those were from a friend who had just been on his Hajj. Really spectacular photos. Wish I has asked him for copies.

L.O.R.D

Maybe it's the position the photos were taken? I honestly didn't see any hotels in the last pictures I saw a few years ago.

Those were from a friend who had just been on his Hajj. Really spectacular photos. Wish I has asked him for copies.

yah, i was in tawaf when i took the photos
i didn't have any chance to take any photo outside of harm because it was too crowded i couldn't;t stabilized the camera

yah, i was in tawaf when i took the photos
i didn't have any chance to take any photo outside of harm because it was too crowded i couldn't;t stabilized the camera

Those are really great pictures. Many thanks for sharing.

I love seeing pictures of the various religious landmarks and places of historical/cultural significance. I'd love visiting them even more, but that's not something that's possible for all of them, so I have to made do with what's on offer.

This Ramadan flew by so quick. I can't believe there are only a few more days left. I also found this to be the easiest Ramadan. I have not been hungry or thirsty while fasting this entire month.

The first 2 weeks were super hard for me. I also got sick twice during that time and had trouble eating at iftar time.

The second half definitely has been much easier (which is a flip from most years where the last 10 days are usually the toughest), but I think it's more me just learning to ignore the hunger pangs and continuing to go on my business. This is the first year where I felt like the effects of fasting have had a minimal effect to my work efficiency.

Hard to believe it will be over in 2-3 days but at the same time will be relieved.

NEO0MJ

pWT5Ngf.jpg

Even though I went to Mecca for Haj a few years ago I never ate from that restaurant, even though everyone seemed to love it.

Eid Mubarak in advance fellow GAFfers. I decided to work during Eid, but I got stuck with a nigh shift (Morning would've been perfect but oh well).
Be safe in the next few days and may you have joyous eid.

That unfortunate. Eid Mubarak in advance.

alatif113

I got a question:

In the age of technology we can very precisely determine when the new moon will hit, so why is eid still observed by many on two separate days. Is it that the moon has to be seen with our own eyes?

I got a question:

In the age of technology we can very precisely determine when the new moon will hit, so why is eid still observed by many on two separate days. Is it that the moon has to be seen with our own eyes?

Some people interpret it that way. That it must be seen with the naked eye. Others rely on calculations.

Zapages

My neighbor a Pakistani fellow says they are going to celebrate Eid on Tuesday. My Father and I was like O_O Why? He said because we will have 30 days of Ramadan because they started a day late and its the same day as Pakistan. We are like O_O ok and move along. We both *sighed*. >_> :\ :(

This is the first time I will be missing Eid prayers in the morning :( and I have to teach how students how to dissect a fetal pig at 8 am. *sigh*

Ashes

Banned
I got a question:

We're more interested in ritual than accuracy when it comes to Eid.
Human beings just being Human Beings.

My neighbor a Pakistani fellow says they are going to celebrate Eid on Tuesday. My Father and I was like O_O Why? He said because we will have 30 days of Ramadan because they started a day late and its the same day as Pakistan. We are like O_O ok and move along. We both *sighed*. >_> :\ :(

This is the first time I will be missing Eid prayers in the morning :( and I have to teach how students how to dissect a fetal pig at 8 am. *sigh*
Blergh

I am only hearing Monday so far. Our masjid all but declared Eid for Monday. I also heard Nigeria spotted the new moon today, so their Eid is on Sunday.

My neighbor a Pakistani fellow says they are going to celebrate Eid on Tuesday. My Father and I was like O_O Why? He said because we will have 30 days of Ramadan because they started a day late and its the same day as Pakistan. We are like O_O ok and move along. We both *sighed*. >_> : :(

I have to miss Eid prayer too because of work, I feel you old buddy :(

I have to miss Eid prayer too because of work, I feel you old buddy :(
I'm lucky to have a mosque that holds eid prayer an hour or so after Fajr (around 6 I think). That works out best for me so I can make the prayer, have a breakfast somewhere and go straight to work. Maybe look for mosques that have earlier eid prayer?

Do your mosques not conduct eid prayers several times between the alotted hours?
Nope, some of them do two prayers, like one early and one later but it's like 8 AM and 10 AM, and they only do it that way because they can't fit everyone in at once. Small community mosques I guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom