• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet and Clank (PS4) - First Trailer [Up: 8 minutes of gameplay, $40]

Skux

So... Is it a reboot, or just a movie game?

Yes, it's a reboot.

We knew early on that we didn’t want to just up-res Ratchet & Clank for PS2. We started out thinking of Ratchet & Clank on PS4 as a “re-imagining” of the 2002 original, revised to tie in with the deeper version of Ratchet’s origin story (as seen in the film). We envisioned a curated Ratchet & Clank experience that borrowed from the spirit of the classic PS2 games while infusing some of the best elements from the Ratchet & Clank Future games.

Love the look. So nice to see this gen's hardware used for something that doesn't look like the real world.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Looks nice. 30FPS. Its a sad thing when i can just write off a Ratchet and Clank game as a rental from its initial trailer.

Well, it looks pretty. Well done Insomniac.

bumpkin

Fur! FUR!

Wait, I can't remember. Did he have visible fur in the PS3 games? It's been forever since I played them.

Gator86

Looks beautiful.

Weapon locked behind pre-order is scummy though.

Absolutely gorgeous game. Disappointed at the 30 fps though. Such an underrated quality in games still.

But yeah, the pre-order exclusive content at the end
reaction11-100752.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Still can't believe they're so fucking stuck with 30fps.

edit: okay, it does look unbe-fucking-lievably good though.

Bahlor

Wow... that looks awesome! Shame on me I never played a previous game. Did it feature Coop?

Would love to play that with my son. Looks like tons of fun! Hype!

NotLiquid

I had a lot of reservations about them opting for a "remake" of sorts (partially cause I preferred Ratchet's original depiction) but I admit, it looks stellar. Still don't think Ratchet's new design is as good but I look forward to playing it.

Pre-order weapons though? Come on.

Kilvas

Ratchet & Clank has always looked really good, at least the main series. Looking forward to all the crazy new weapons.

Top Bottom