• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank (PS4) New Previews

The visuals are really blowing my mind. Aliasing looks VERY rough, but that's quite literally the only negative that I can see.

I think I'll go ahead and preorder it.

What's even worse is that many people don't recalibrate their TV's after putting it on game mode. A lot of TV's for some reason will also elect to adjust contrast and sharpness settings to insanely high levels when you put it on game mode. You have got to reduce sharpness in general on most TV's.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
That Déjà Vu feeling you've played this but you haven't

I have played all R&C to completions
This one will be added, but that PS Access video brought so many feels rushing me with how I was like yeah that tunnel leads to the gold bolt or yeah I'll have to backtrack here after 1/3rd the game with mag boots to get the second gold bolt
Also getting the jet pack to go against the stream with thrusters through the stream running throughout the map to reach one too
Damn R&C I still have knowledge of you =3

Gawd Damn I'm happy to be out of the hospital and my health issues behind me
This will be a game I'll be enjoying

Putty

Looks terrific! And at that price point it really is a no brainer...Will be a great counter to DS3...Get beaten to a pulp in DS3, then unwind and let your hair down with a game about a talking rat....Day 1, or whatever the kids say these days.

That Déjà Vu feeling you've played this but you haven't

I have played all R&C to completions
This one will be added, but that PS Access video brought so many feels rushing me with how I was like yeah that tunnel leads to the gold bolt or yeah I'll have to backtrack here after 1/3rd the game with mag boots to get the second gold bolt
Also getting the jet pack to go against the stream with thrusters through the stream running throughout the map to reach one too
Damn R&C I still have knowledge of you =3

Gawd Damn I'm happy to be out of the hospital and my health issues behind me
This will be a game I'll be enjoying

Glad to hear you are ok Grave! I'm with you in enjoying the "semi-vu" feeling this title seems to give. Not expecting much new from it, just a good looking R&C game

So guys, you know what to do:

2Sq22tU.png
Way ahead of you :D
n2hO0wu

I pre-ordered it a couple of days ago. Only got into the series from Tools of Destruction (Played every game since) so a remake of the original is perfect for me and it looks amazing.

The nostalgia ;____;
Glad to see the gameplay at higher difficulty settings. Are weapon mods back? Upgrade system is. What are the cards for?

I'm very excited for this game but also for what it lays for the future of the series on PS4.

Shredderi

Why do devs need pre-orders? I'm remembering that there was an actual financial reasoning for this but I can't recall it right now. The game launches in like a month from now so what difference does it make if they get the money now instead of a month later?

farisr

Why do devs need pre-orders? I'm remembering that there was an actual financial reasoning for this but I can't recall it right now. The game launches in like a month from now so what difference does it make if they get the money now instead of a month later?
The more preorders there are, the more copies the stores request (aka shipped copies), the more copies there will be on shelves for consumers to see, and possibly the more advertisements stores will do for the product to make sure they clear the shelves. And for a game like this that is also a movie tie in, I think it's even more important to have lots of copies available on the shelves to get the game in the hands of the folks who are interested after watching the movie.

That's just my guess though. Could be totally wrong.

farisr

I can't breathe. And wow a new video is out? I must check it out soon, these gifs are incredible. Insomniac is getting insane with the graphics. Insane! I mean on PS3 RCF was getting so close to CG but this is showing off.
The PS3 games really weren't. They were impressive at the time and I recall thinking the same "they're getting close to CG" but now looking back (as I am actually playing through one of them) it wasn't that close. The crazy thing is, there's a possibility we might feel the exact same way next gen. Which is just unfathomable to me at this point.

aOlafsson

Neo Member
Just pre-ordered this. Never pre-order games, but if insomniac need my help its the least I could do. Was without a doubt gonna buy it anyways.

Unknown?

Just pre-ordered this. Never pre-order games, but if insomniac need my help its the least I could do. Was without a doubt gonna buy it anyways.

I think I will do the same in a few days. This is a must have for 2016. Also plan on watching the movie!

Looking great, really enjoyed my playthrough at EGX. Quick question if it hasn't been confirmed or addressed already... Will there be a photo mode included with this? I know there's the share button for standard screencaps, but the ability to manipulate angles, add filters, exposure and DOF, sometime remove character/cars etc is really appealing. And when the game is this stunning it'll be really great if we had an option like that to share personalised images like other titles. Cheers.

farisr

i know, but i dont see why this is a 'throwback' when the original came out a few years after crash had these, 14-15 years ago.
Something can feel like a throwback even if it's a few years after. Crash trilogy was an instant classic. What felt like a throwback in the original can still feel like a throwback in the remake.

And it may not have even been intentional, but it invokes that feeling at the very least. Hence a throwback.

Looking great, really enjoyed my playthrough at EGX. Quick question if it hasn't been confirmed or addressed already... Will there be a photo mode included with this? I know there's the share button for standard screencaps, but the ability to manipulate angles, add filters, exposure and DOF, sometime remove character/cars etc is really appealing. And when the game is this stunning it'll be really great if we had an option like that to share personalized images like other titles. Cheers.

Don't think it was confirmed or even mentioned, so we should probably let Insomniac Games know that we are interested in this feature. If I'm not mistaken, Sunset Overdrive didn't get a photomode, which is quite unfortunate.

Jigolo

PS3 / A Crack In Time (2009) Direct feed with capture card:

ratchetacit8ssv7.png

Thanks farisr

PS4 / Ratchet and Clank (2016) compressed shots with via Share button:

Ratchet_Clank_20160312184340.png

Ratchet_Clank_20160312180959.png

Ratchet_Clank_20160312174147.png

Thanks Den_John

Wish we had more shots of ACiT

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I read in italian previews that there will be only 7 planets. Is this true?

no, but they had 7 levels in the preview build (Day Veldin / Quartu(Clank) / Night Veldin / Novallis / Aridia / Rilgar / Kerwan)

So there's obviously more.

Someone else hit it above, but all of those things are true to various extents. And so many decisions get made based off of those numbers at both the retailer and publisher level.

Man, I haven't pre ordered a game in years but I will break that rule for this game. Love Ratchet and Insomniac, keep up the great work guys.

datwr

This looks lovely, can't wait. Never gonna get enough of RC. Probably the only series that lives up to my nostalgic childhood feelings. Almost hope we get some PS4 remasters of the ps3 games so I can play through them once again!

Vashetti

Banned
PS3 / A Crack In Time (2009) Direct feed with capture card:

According to the Beyond3D forums, these are the resolutions for the Ratchet PS3 games:

Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction = 960x704 (2xAA, AA samples used to reconstruct 720p)
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time = 960x704 (2xAA, AA samples used to reconstruct 720p)

So yeah, a direct feed shot of those games is not going to hold up very well.

Top Bottom