• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman DLC leak for Super Smash Bros. Wii U [revealed fake]

Toxi

Banned
Wow, it's incredible how good the art for Rayman was. That's part of what made the leak so believable; the art actually looked to have the level of quality of Smash Bros character renders.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
whew...

Sakurai needs all that Rayman time to break the 3DS to the Ice Climber's will. You can do it, Sakurai. I believe in you.

Wow, it's incredible how good the art for Rayman was. That's part of what made the leak so believable; the art actually looked to have the level of quality of Smash Bros character renders.
It seems Rayman being in the same pose as the original game's box was also just a coicidence. Which is crazy lol

I KNEW it was fake from the get go.

The fact that he never bothered selecting him and hearing Xander's voice go "RAYMAN!" was enough proof already. Why quit when you're soooo close to making it seem real?

Could have at least contacted that gaffer who's roommates with him and get him to say rayman, lol.

Zubz

Banned
I KNEW it was fake from the get go.

The fact that he never bothered selecting him and hearing Xander's voice go "RAYMAN!" was enough proof already. Why quit when you're soooo close to making it seem real?

Could have at least contacted that gaffer who's roommates with him and get him to say rayman, lol.

Xander thought he'd get in trouble just for saying "FLORIDA MAN!" in that thread. Nintendo really doesn't want him using the "Announcer" voice outside of Smash, and they almost entirely forbid him from using it for anything he didn't already announce in the game. That's why in that DYKG Video he did, he only used that voice, like, twice, and didn't use it for anything but characters that made the cut, causing him to drop the voice when talking about, say, the Ice Climbers or Ridley.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=152159081&highlight=#post152159081

Not going to rub it in faces and say "I told you so"... because there were others who still clearly saw through it as well even after the screwattack report. No in game footage was a dead giveaway of a fake when you have a video.

I guess some people are easy to fool when they have their hopes up high for something.

Rayman being a weird choice != the leak being fake. It never will be a reason for a leak being fake. Unless you can pinpoint actual inaccuracies in the video, or screenshot, then please do, because the fake was absolutely 100% perfectly done, with no visible issues. If you saw right through that, I'm sure you saw right through the ESRB leak too, right?

There's nobody being "easily fooled" here and you aren't smarter than us. Nothing about this leak was able to be deconfirmed, it took the original creator of it to settle it. Even Ubisoft themselves seems to have been fooled.

So no, you are trying to rub it in, and no, people weren't easily fooled by this.

Xander thought he'd get in trouble just for saying "FLORIDA MAN!" in that thread. Nintendo really doesn't want him using the "Announcer" voice outside of Smash, and they almost entirely forbid him from using it for anything he didn't already announce in the game. That's why in that DYKG Video he did, he only used that voice, like, twice, and didn't use it for anything but characters that made the cut, causing him to drop the voice when talking about, say, the Ice Climbers or Ridley.

iirc he said he wasn't allowed to say any other video game character in the voice of the announcer. I wonder if Nintendo made that specific request after the Brawl announcer did a bunch of fun lines for stuff like Ridley and Megaman.

Ivan 3414

iirc he said he wasn't allowed to say any other video game character in the voice of the announcer. I wonder if Nintendo made that specific request after the Brawl announcer did a bunch of fun lines for stuff like Ridley and Megaman.

I'm pretty sure the Brawl announcer did voice work for Project M for Roy and Mewtwo...I don't know if it was by choice or that development team took some samples from his fan requested work. Either way, I'm pretty sure that's why Nintendo is being so adamant this time around.

I'm pretty sure the Brawl announcer did voice work for Project M for Roy and Mewtwo...I don't know if it was by choice or that development team took some samples from his fan requested work. Either way, I'm pretty sure that's why Nintendo is being so adamant this time around.

Project M's announcer lines are actually really well done splices apparently.

Ahh, figured it was most likely fake, never cared much for the character afrerall even if Legends was really good.

Here's to hoping we get Snake or Bayonetta DLC

NYR

lol at the people who are outraged and asking for an apology. Anyone who found this offensive or feels they deserve an apology, you need a life. Calm down, go outside and stop believing everything you read on the internet. Kudos to the guy who did this, really impressed at the dedication, great troll.

Rayman being a weird choice != the leak being fake. It never will be a reason for a leak being fake. Unless you can pinpoint actual inaccuracies in the video, or screenshot, then please do, because the fake was absolutely 100% perfectly done, with no visible issues. If you saw right through that, I'm sure you saw right through the ESRB leak too, right?

There's nobody being "easily fooled" here and you aren't smarter than us. Nothing about this leak was able to be deconfirmed, it took the original creator of it to settle it. Even Ubisoft themselves seems to have been fooled.

So no, you are trying to rub it in, and no, people weren't easily fooled by this.

I see there's a lot of sore feelings on the subject so I won't dwell on it any further past this post... but the fake didn't even bother to zoom out with a console in the shot or him moving the menu with an actual controller.

There were a ton of reasons to doubt this was ever real... but sorry to bring it up and I'll just go be quiet in the corner now.

I see there's a lot of sore feelings on the subject so I won't dwell on it any further past this post... but the fake didn't even bother to zoom out with a console in the shot or him moving the menu with an actual controller.

There were a ton of reasons to doubt this was ever real... but sorry to bring it up and I'll just go be quiet in the corner now.

Neither did the real leak

If there were tons of reasons, tell me. Please make sure these reasons couldn't have also applied to the real leak

Neither did the ESRB leaks.
How about providing an actual argument instead of giving dumb reasons and running away?

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
I am setting myself up for Nintendisappointment, but I can't shake the feeling that there will be another DLC character released with Mewtwo. I will hope it into being or reality will shake that feeling to death.

Big One

Banned
Overall a very impressive effort he did in making this. Dude has a future in graphics design I can tell you that.

With that being said it would not surprise me if Rayman is actually a DLC character for Smash considering there's been a longstanding rumor that Ubisoft asked Nintendo for Rayman to be in the game.

Is that sort of thing typical in voice acting? It seems kinda... draconian to tell someone that they CANNOT use x voice in a different context.

I am setting myself up for Nintendisappointment, but I can't shake the feeling that there will be another DLC character released with Mewtwo. I will hope it into being or reality will shake that feeling to death.
I cannot imagine Mewtwo being the only DLC character. Every other DLC provided by Nintendo as of late has been in packs - Mario Kart, Mario Golf, Fire Emblem, and Hyrule Warriors (though it's sold separately in Japan). Plus it's such an easy area for revenue, and would build hype like only Smash Bros. can.

I feel like even if Sakurai put his foot down and said he wasn't doing any more work on the game Nintendo would just put someone else on the job. It's far too easy of a way to extend SSB4's lifespan and make more money.

SykoTech

Not surprised it's fake. The art is very off, especially those eyebrows. The character select bid was well done, but not enough to convince me it was real. Need some actual gameplay footage in these "leaks" to make me think otherwise. Or at the very least spot on character art.

Also, anyone still hoping for Bayonetta is absolutely nuts. Never going to happen.

Hatchtag

Banned
I don't think Mewtwo will be the only DLC character. But they've said he's sort of a test for paid DLC, so I think there'll be a large gap between him and the next DLC content (excluding minor patches).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

do you think so? are you saying that we are getting more dlc characters?!

I don't think Mewtwo will be the only DLC character. But they've said he's sort of a test for paid DLC, so I think there'll be a large gap between him and the next DLC content (excluding minor patches).
"Test" for paid DLC is just corporate code for "we need a cop out if Sakurai decides to shut it down." It's Super Smash Bros. One of Nintendo's flagship evergreen pillars. The game that garners a 50 page thread on one of the largest gaming forums over a DLC rumor that turns out to be a hoax. The problem isn't a financial one, it's a logistical one.

mstevens

I was just listening to some of the Shovel Knight soundtrack and I realized how cool his character / levels / music would be if they put in him Smash.

Neiteio

I was just listening to some of the Shovel Knight soundtrack and I realized how cool his character / levels / music would be if they put in him Smash.
Shovel Knight would be fantastic. Excited to hear this guy might be making a Shovel Knight render next.

Yeah, Shovel Knight is a pretty cool character and it helps that his game is pretty dope; even though he's an incredibly young character SK's got a lot of great material to work with already, despite it not being likely I certainly would enjoy his presence in a smash game.
Can't wait to see Artsy Omni get around to "smashifying" him.

MrBadger

Ubisoft never fails to disappoint when it comes to being disappointing

Although to be fair I'm not sure what people were expecting them to say

Zubz

Banned
We already have Sonic as far as Sega reps go.

Yeah, but the IP's very close to Nintendo now, and people associate it more with Platinum Games, anyway. Add in the fact that Sonic stuck around since the last game anyway,
and maybe toss in a pinch of bias
, and I feel like they could add her without it being weird. Personally, she's my 2nd most wanted character behind Ridley. I know it's nigh-impossible, but I'm not gonna deny that I want Bayonetta, and that she has a chance of getting in, even if I know not to expect Bayonetta, and I know her chances are slim.

Shovel Knight would be fantastic. Excited to hear this guy might be making a Shovel Knight render next.

Ditto. I know it's a new IP, but if Commander.Video could at least get a trophy, I feel they could do the same for Shovel Knight. Maybe open up a 3rd Party Friends Trophy Box so it seems less weird that we'd have so many cameo characters without any spotlight on them. An AT doesn't seem unreasonable, and would be great, too. If Shovel Knight was playable, I'd drop Wii Fit Trainer as my main in a heartbeat; it'd be perfect, and the addition of songs of the Shovel Knight OST might shove Smash 4's into GOAT territory.

Still, the fact that they even acknowledged the fake leak on an official account is kinda weird.

Eh, maybe Ubisoft actually's interested in Omni's talents now? He made a Rayman model convincing enough to not only capture the character, but to fit him into the Smash art style, too! Maybe they might want to have him work on something with them in the future?

Or maybe they're still bitter about only getting 3 trophies with little-to-no-fanfare, and are glad Omni got people wanting Rayman playable in Smash without them having to do anything? Granted, even though I'd love it if Rayman got in, Ubisoft didn't even deserve the little acknowledgement they got after screwing Nintendo over on the Wii U... how many times now? Legends, Watch_Dogs, and that completed game they're sitting on stand out. But if I were them, I'd be loving the support they're getting from this incident.

Top Bottom