• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore has been in development for 14 months, just going into production

Alx

Actually dig into your fund buttholes and give this one another quarter in the can, Microsoft. Summer is a good time to launch a new IP, while Spring 2016 is already looking fairly crazy.

I don't know, Ori was quite successful last Spring.

One of the guys at Kinda Funny Games called it a AAA release and Aaron Greenberg didnt correct him and every site ive seen has listed it as a full priced title... so if its a smaller/budget release they've certainly not hinted at it.

Quantum Break was delayed for Uncharted. MS needs a game for that time.

MS delayed QB to make sure it didnt get lost amongst all the other stuff this holiday, they didnt sit there and think "Oh man, Sony delayed Uncharted, we gotta delay QB until 2016 now!" Crazy talk

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Quantum Break was delayed for Uncharted. MS needs a game for that time.

14 months plus another year before it releases not worried plenty of time to develop the game.. No actual gameplay seen before end of 2015 that's a problem, but not worried just yet.

I wouldn't be so fast in jumping to the conspiracy conclussion when Remedy is concerned. You honestly think a studio like they need a reason to delay a game? ;)

Percy

Banned
Armature should probs be glad they were hired before a trailer was shown for the game at least :p

But yeah, guessing we'll be waiting a while for gameplay footage then.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
That seems like an incredibly short production window. Either it is getting delayed or it could be a downloadable game.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
microsoft needs to give these teams space to breathe, jesus. otherwise we'll be seeing a lot more phantom dusts.

So this should release in lets say April right ?

February = Quantum Break
April = ReCore
June/July = Alan Wake: Remastered
August = Scalebound
October = Sea of Thieves
November = Gears

Crackdown will be delayed to Spring 2017

February = Quantum Break
April = ReCore
August = Scalebound
October = Sea of Thieves
November = Gears

Alan Wake remastered was asked about as a pre-order bonus for QB, its not going to show up 3 months later if it does happen.

Put SB in April and ReCore in June and thats where i'd see the first half of 2016.

shinnn

February = Quantum Break
April = ReCore
August = Scalebound
October = Sea of Thieves
November = Gears

2485156-6128498736-65447.gif

So that's why they had a CGI trailer for a game that's supposedly out in 9-10 months. If your game's not ready enough for a full reveal with in-game footage, then don't fucking reveal it!

So that's why they had a CGI trailer for a game that's supposedly out in 9-10 months. If your game's not ready enough for a full reveal with in-game footage, then don't fucking reveal it!

Gamescom is in 6 weeks, seems very obvious they went for a one-two PR route: Announce at E3, gameplay at Gamescom.

They mentioned showing it in a couple of months, cant see why it wont be there

sora87

Around 2 years should be what most developers should be aiming for from here on, studios should be comfortable with the hardware now and start pumping out the games that will make this gen great.

I am thinking it will be a late spring title...maybe in May.

So in total it would put it at a 26 month dev cycle.

But if they see it needs more polish, there is always the possibility that they delay it to August.

That seems like an incredibly short production window. Either it is getting delayed or it could be a downloadable game.

It's definitely going to be a digital game. I'm willing to make an an avatar bet on that!

February = Quantum Break
April = ReCore
August = Scalebound
October = Sea of Thieves
November = Gears

I think Crackdown is definitely a 2017 release, and Sea of Thieves certainly is too.

cireza

I think it is fine and have confidence in MS for delivering a good quality exclusive title. They have already proven that they were able to do this with games of various scale.

Gamescom is in 6 weeks, seems very obvious they went for a one-two PR route: Announce at E3, gameplay at Gamescom.

They mentioned showing it in a couple of months, cant see why it wont be there

If they're just going into full production now I'll be a little surprised to be seeing gameplay footage at Gamescom, although I don't know how long these things usually take to come together once full production begins.

I think Crackdown is definitely a 2017 release, and Sea of Thieves certainly is too.

I don't see any evidence either of those are "definitely" or "certainly" 2017. Simon Woodroffe the creative director of Rare was retweeting articles that said it was due in holiday 2016, if both are F2P like I suspect they might, they could easily be in open beta release come the end of next year. A bit like Fable Legends which is due for release this holiday

If they're just going into full production now I'll be a little surprised to be seeing gameplay footage at Gamescom, although I don't know how long these things usually take to come together once full production begins.

They have said they have a gameplay demo, they must have a vertical slice at the very least they have been showing to MS. It might not be a long demo, but they have said in various interviews they have something ready

4Tran

A long pre-production period coupled with a shorter production phase sounds like a pretty healthy development cycle. While 12 months doesn't sound very long, it should be sufficient depending on how ambitious Recore is. I also think that this game is getting a physical release - Amazon.com doesn't tend to guess about this kind of thing.

KieranD

Banned
I wouldn't be so fast in jumping to the conspiracy conclussion when Remedy is concerned. You honestly think a studio like they need a reason to delay a game? ;)

Monster new IP why wouldn't they delay it to compete against Uncharted? Uncharted release will be huge, if MS has nothing for then it would be bad.

Monster new IP why wouldn't they delay it to compete against Uncharted? Uncharted release will be huge, if MS has nothing for then it would be bad.

I don't think MS or Remedy sat there thinking they needed to bet their new IP against Uncharted, its crazy talk. They looked at their own line-up and felt that this holiday whenever it was likely to ship was not the best time for it

Doffen

I don't think MS or Remedy sat there thinking they needed to bet their new IP against Uncharted, its crazy talk. They looked at their own line-up and felt that this holiday whenever it was likely to ship was not the best time for it

They're clearly waiting for the next Red Dead.

KieranD

Banned

Forgive me but thats naive. Microsoft is always looking at what Sony is doing and vice versa.

I don't see any evidence either of those are "definitely" or "certainly" 2017. Simon Woodroffe the creative director of Rare was retweeting articles that said it was due in holiday 2016, if both are F2P like I suspect they might, they could easily be in open beta release come the end of next year. A bit like Fable Legends which is due for release this holiday

Well, I don't follow MS studios closely but after E3 last year I got the impression that Crackdown received a CGI trailer just as the game was entering production. And given we don't know who's actually developing it (do we?) and we've seen nothing since that original reveal, I just have an inkling that it's going to be 2017. I think this is one they showed super early to help win over the hardcore when they were just coming out of the slump of the console's poor launch. Of course, we'll know a lot more in five weeks, and have a much better idea of how it's shaping up so far.

As for Sea of Thieves, I think it's a 2017 because it looks ambitious and games with MMO aspects almost always suffer delays. I also think this one's only been cooking since after Kinect Sports, which means a release towards the end of next year will only be 2.5 years' development. I think it will either get delayed or have a protracted beta like Fable Legends has done.

Forgive me but thats naive. Microsoft is always looking at what Sony is doing and vice versa.

Lol, its not naive, its common sense. Of course they look at what Sony is doing, but the rumour of QB getting delayed came before Uncharted was delayed. They aren't going to make a big development/line-up decision like that based purely on Uncharted, a decision which could also cost them millions of dollars in extra development time.

A new IP like QB or pretty much most new IP isn't going to be able to compete against Uncharted, which is the 4th on mainline consoles and 5th including the vita, a very well established brand.

MS have a packed holiday and said back in late last year they are going to have to move things out of the holiday. Makes much more sense to do that with your new IP (particularly after unfortunately SO didn't set the world alight in the same period) than it does for your other titles, they clearly weren't going to move Halo, Forza or TR.

February = Quantum Break
April = ReCore
August = Scalebound
October = Sea of Thieves
November = Gears

I don't think Sea of Thieves will hit in 2016. I mean, the press has reported it but the trailer doesn't indicate that it is a 2016 title. Gears 4 ended with a "Holiday 2016" release date. I could be wrong though.

Crackdown will be 2016. They have been teasing that game since the Xbox One reveal.

Anyway, look at all those new IPs. Lionhead is said to be working on a new one too.

rokkerkory

February = Quantum Break
April = ReCore
August = Scalebound
October = Sea of Thieves
November = Gears

Has the AW Remastered been confirmed?

I would also move ReCore towards June/July.

Also Forza Horizon 3 may make an appearance next year?

Dynasty

February = Quantum Break
April = ReCore
August = Scalebound
October = Sea of Thieves
November = Gears

Forza Horizon 3 instead of Sea Of Thieves. Also that would be a really good exclusive line-up, spaced out, a mixture of new and old IP.

They're clearly waiting for the next Red Dead.

Quoted for truth.

I love me some Remedy but man, they need to focus on gaming. Their ever expanding into tv/live action narratives are getting weaker and weaker as it is shown year after year that you can provide a compelling and engaging story with gameplay and CGI.

I understand that is Sam Lake's wish but I think that if he wants to focus on TV/Film, he should just do that if games are not his passion anymore.

I'm excited to learn more about this game. It looks (from the logo) that you can have more than one robot companion at the same time. There was a game on the 360 where you played as a devil (or something) and you had minions that you controlled to fight for you. I forgot the name but I always liked the concept. I'm really looking forward to seeing gameplay.

napata

I'm excited to learn more about this game. It looks (from the logo) that you can have more than one robot companion at the same time. There was a game on the 360 where you played as a devil (or something) and you had minions that you controlled to fight for you. I forgot the name but I always liked the concept. I'm really looking forward to seeing gameplay.

Overlord?

KieranD

Banned
Lol, its not naive, its common sense. Of course they look at what Sony is doing, but the rumour of QB getting delayed came before Uncharted was delayed. They aren't going to make a big development/line-up decision like that based purely on Uncharted, a decision which could also cost them millions of dollars in extra development time.

A new IP like QB or pretty much most new IP isn't going to be able to compete against Uncharted, which is the 4th on mainline consoles and 5th including the vita, a very well established brand.

MS have a packed holiday and said back in late last year they are going to have to move things out of the holiday. Makes much more sense to do that with your new IP (particularly after unfortunately SO didn't set the world alight in the same period) than it does for your other titles, they clearly weren't going to move Halo, Forza or TR.

Microsoft denied the rumor when it was first made.

http://www.paradiger.com/quantum-br...have-been-just-another-troll-remains-a-rumor/

Two days later Sony- Naughty dog delayed Uncharted.

Quantum Break was delayed later.

Yes Holidays was not the best time to release the game, but i have a feeling MS saw an opportunity here to have a new IP compete against Uncharted.

Microsoft denied the rumor when it was first made.

http://www.paradiger.com/quantum-br...have-been-just-another-troll-remains-a-rumor/

Two days later Sony- Naughty dog delayed Uncharted.

Quantum Break was delayed later.

Yes Holidays was not the best time to release the game, but i have a feeling MS saw an opportunity here to have a new IP compete against Uncharted.

They announced the delay a month later I highly doubt they made that decision in that month, they would have been waiting until the time suited them to announce it. Also Aaron didn't deny anything, he said the guy wasn't a Microsoft employee, trying to discredit someones validity vs denying something is very different. In fact, if you look at your source they even say that Aaron didn't deny the delay...

Top Bottom