• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore has been in development for 14 months, just going into production

KieranD

Banned
They announced the delay a month later I highly doubt they made that decision in that month, they would have been waiting until the time suited them to announce it. Also Aaron didn't deny anything, he said the guy wasn't a Microsoft employee, trying to discredit someones validity vs denying something is very different. In fact, if you look at your source they even say that Aaron didn't deny the delay...

Building blocks don't fall into place one Aaron denied knowing the person who made the claim, and even said he never heard of the guy, and i am sure he checked!

All we know for sure is Uncharted got delayed. Quantum Break was delayed later after that.

Overlord?

That was the one.

this will get delayed

image.php

New ReCore article from Kotaku with more information here:

http://kotaku.com/that-new-game-from-inafune-and-the-makers-of-metroid-pr-1713650253

The article confirms the different roles of the three studios involved. Looks like Comcept is leading the high level creative decisions, Armature is in charge of gameplay and systems and MS is helping with the story. They seem to imply more Metroidvania-like elements as well with the different cores working as keys to open up new areas of the world. New areas will also unlock as sandstorms change the layout of the land. Good stuff!

Sjefen

Wow that´s is kind of short development time for a next gen new IP, that is some effective work going on right there.

Montresor

New ReCore article from Kotaku with more information here:

http://kotaku.com/that-new-game-from-inafune-and-the-makers-of-metroid-pr-1713650253

The article confirms the different roles of the three studios involved. Looks like Comcept is leading the high level creative decisions, Armature is in charge of gameplay and systems and MS is helping with the story. They seem to imply more Metroidvania-like elements as well with the different cores working as keys to open up new areas of the world. New areas will also unlock as sandstorms change the layout of the land. Good stuff!

Third person action adventure and non-linear according to Kotaku's article.

So it will be like Metroid Prime, female protagonist and all, except in a post-apocalyptic environment with a friendly AI buddy.

Well then.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Hm....lends a touch more credence to my theory that I had during E3 that I thought this game could be a 2.5D metroidvania. But then I think they already said it's a third person adventure game no?

Depends on how big they're planning the scope, how many people are on it etc, between three companies: MS, Armature and Comcept, could have a pretty decent sized team and Spring 16 ends a year from now

The scope must be somewhat large, as this is a retail release. It's available for pre-order everywhere, including the Microsoft Store.

ThePicard

Banned
If you want to educate yourself about game development more, especially when it comes to the really, really important pre-production versus production, I can heartily recommend watching an oldie but goodie: DICE 2002 - The Cerny Method.

Basically pre-production and production are two, very, very different parts of game development. Pre-production is about finding the technology, the production pipelines, the game and and more importantly finding the fun and defining the core vision. It results in a playable version of the game, in a good pre-production it usually results in a vertical slice that "feels" like a part of a proper game.

Production on the other hand is the process of building the full game and everything necessary to succesfully launch the game. You should have a core vision to go towards with a necessary pipelines and technology to reach it and being able to iterate upon that vision to make a really solid product.

14 months of pre-production sounds really good from a production perspective and I think it should help result in a great product for us.

Was about to post the same vid. Such an awesome vid. Cerny is the master.

Top Bottom