• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare Coming to Switch and PS4 (Digital August 17th, Physical October 13th)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Guys, hear me out.

What if ... what if this is a FFVII and Persona 3 Portable re-release situation, both those were announced when fans were expecting remakes. But a few months after both of them, the actual remakes were also announced.

hercules-hades.gif

Red5

Sadly the dirty casuals will pay for it.
My sister's boyfriend literally just play's Red Dead Redemption 2 every day for the last 5 years, nothing else.
And I'm not over exaggerating
He got ot a PS5, play's Red Dead Redemption 2 on it and new games are still sealed.
This he will buy.

I imagine him playing RDR2 dressed up as a cowboy while sitting on a wooden chair with a glass of whiskey next to him.

Kilau

Gold Member
Guys, hear me out.

What if ... what if this is a FFVII and Persona 3 Portable re-release situation, both those were announced when fans were expecting remakes. But a few months after both of them, the actual remakes were also announced.

hercules-hades.gif
disney quote GIF

Nydius

Now that I've been able to compose myself after fits of uncontrollable laughter since reading this announcement...

All these rumors about a remaster and it turns out it was just a port. A port of the existing version with the same enhancements already available on Xbox systems for the low, low price of $50 on PlayStation systems? And not coming to PC at all? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahaHAHAHAHahAHahahHahahahahhAHaHah

Sorry, started to lose it again there.

Once again this is proof that no one should take these "leaker" rumors seriously, media should stop reporting those rumors as if they're credible, and people should stop getting their hopes up. PlayStation fans shouldn't touch this release with a ten foot pole and focus their rage toward Sony, not Rockstar. If Sony would make a concerted effort to give a damn about PS3 back compat, this 'enhanced' version would already exist for them just as it does on Xbox. But no. Sony can't be bothered. They use curated PS3 streamed games as a "value add" for PS+ Premium.

I know at least one Switch-only gamer (my SIL) who is happy as hell with the news.
So I guess there's a silver lining there.

Is this because August is fucking double April fool?

I could buy an excellent used copy of RDR for 8 dollars and 40 bucks for a used PS3, still cheaper than their fucking inglorious $49.99 MSRP.

Will you be able to play this rerelease on the PS5?
Edit: I'm assuming you can and maybe at least get faster loading times?

Last edited:
Is this port really $50-$60? If true that’s crazy.

They could have at least made slight upgrades to the game if they are going to make it full price.

Mr Branding

Nah sometimes devs just need to do better.
Nah, sometimes people online are building unrealistic expectations based on anonymous, unsourced "insider" reports and YouTubers running with baseless speculation which then is taken out of context and repeated endlessly on forums until the truth is obfuscated by people's overexcited imagination instead of hard facts.

RobRSG

Is this because August is fucking double April fool?

I could buy an excellent used copy of RDR for 8 dollars and 40 bucks for a used PS3, still cheaper than their fucking inglorious $49.99 MSRP.
tvomBXf.jpg

Got each for 5 €…

Rockstar is selling literally half of the game by axing the Multiplayer and its expansions for 50 USD…

At least there are more languages added to the mix, but man… This feels wrong.

Switch version I can understand. But a PS4 version port is weird and probably because there in no back compat to the PS3 with either the PS4/PS5....or is there?
And I guess the price is Ninty fans would be upset to pay $50 while PS4 players pay a lot less.

Nydius

You can find the game of the year edition, with all the DLC, physically (used) for less than $15 in various places. I shared this earlier, I use this store all the time.

A fellow eStarland man of culture I see. Been shopping with them since 2001 back when they were (somewhat) local to me.
Love the store and they definitely do have some of the most generous trade in values.

For anyone thinking about buying from them, they take great care of their used games (unlike another shop that shall remain nameless). That $13.50 "complete" version of RDR GOTY Edition would almost certainly show up shrink wrapped. The few times I've bought disk-only used games from them, they were in secured paper sleeves that were then wrapped in bubble wrap. The store very much cares about providing quality to its customers.

Last edited:
Sadly the dirty casuals will pay for it.
My sister's boyfriend literally just play's Red Dead Redemption 2 every day for the last 5 years, nothing else.
And I'm not over exaggerating
He got ot a PS5, play's Red Dead Redemption 2 on it and new games are still sealed.
This he will buy.
I agree completely. That’s why companies keep doing this crap, because people are willing to pay it. I mean look at COD every year.

CamHostage

High price for a port, and the lack of a PC version all this time later is frustrating.

Switch though is where I like playing these long- form games (especially older ones with outdated graphics, ) and I never picked up RDR1, so I might be interested, maybe.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
A fellow eStarland man of culture I see. Been shopping with them since 2001 back when they were (somewhat) local to me.
Love the store and they definitely do have some of the most generous trade in values.

For anyone thinking about buying from them, they take great care of their used games (unlike another shop that shall remain nameless). That $13.50 "complete" version of RDR GOTY Edition would almost certainly show up shrink wrapped. The few times I've bought disk-only used games from them, they were in secured paper sleeves that were then wrapped in bubble wrap. The store very much cares about providing quality to its customers.

Oh yeah, love them. Their trade prices are also a hundred times better than Gamestop.

I've bought so many old backwards compatible X360 games from them at ridiculously low prices.

Synless

Holy shit, I’m just catching up. what a bunch of fucks. The Xbox version is already everything here and it has been $20 forever now.

Rockstar are among the worst these days.

Top Bottom