• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit: leaked Paper Mario TTYD 3D? (Real or Fake)

Aaaand it's confirmed fake, Omni style

http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=31039.msg1694624#msg1694624

Sorry guys, but this leak is fake as all hell.

How do I know this? Well...

Spoiler: PLOT TWIST (click to show/hide)
I would know, considering I made the dang thing.

Yeah, that's right. I made it two nights ago, not thinking for a second that it would ever get this popular.

I decided to upload it to YouTube under a fake account, then GameFAQs took care of the rest, and I thought to myself "Well, may as well keep it alive for at least a while."

So I posted it here hoping someone would find a flaw and debunk it 100%. I apologize to the ones who got excited over this.

But I couldn't keep it to myself any longer. Not after it got popular enough for *bleep*ing GameXplain to do a video on it.

I was actually way more excited about that than just for my gif. Because the whole thing was created in Adobe Premiere by me.

Believe me or don't believe me, it's up to you but I will be uploading the title screen footage in higher quality, not off-screen, later.

After thinking this over last night, I admit I was wrong to lead so many people on like that. When it got popular I guess that got to me and I kinda pretended to be one of the people hyping over it.

(By the way I also made the Antasma "leak" for Mario Kart 8 that got ripped to shreds almost instantly. That's what made me aspire to create a convincing leak.)

jack-bauer-cry-o.gif

Mory Dunz

"grr....I'm so mad and surprised it got this popular"
Well...um....look at the IP you're using dude.

At least pretty much everyone on GAF thought it was fake,

Aaaand it's confirmed fake, Omni style

(By the way I also made the Antasma "leak" for Mario Kart 8 that got ripped to shreds almost instantly. That's what made me aspire to create a convincing leak.)

http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=31039.msg1694624#msg1694624

That was the same case with the guy who made that faked Rayman leak. He earlier made a Klonoa Smash render that while he didn't try to pass it off as a fake, didn't look very authentic nonetheless.

Calling it now: this and the Rayman example are just the beginning for faked leaks that look very legitimate. I won't be surprised if a floodgate of professional leaks burst open around E3.

JazzmanZ

wowee what a shock.

I hope this means people will be more critical of leaks now after Rayman and a dumb paper mario video.

Slevin

Don't worry guys. Nintendo has already noticed the amount of hype this fake leak has generated and is proceeding to actually make this a reality.

....Right?

That was the same case with the guy who made that faked Rayman leak. He earlier made a Klonoa Smash render that while he didn't try to pass it off as a fake, didn't look very authentic nonetheless.

Calling it now: this and the Rayman example are just the beginning for faked leaks that look very legitimate. I won't be surprised if a floodgate of professional leaks burst open around E3.

Yay, another way to people to fight for attention by being generally annoying...just what we needed.

I really hope that this fake has ignited something in NOJ and will have this game exist within the next year…

Or has actually given Wii U owners a GCN VC.

CazTGG

It's a "leak" on Reddit. After the Rayman debacle (among other "leaks" that turned out to be false), I would have assumed more people would exercise some skepticism when these occur. Reddit is not a reliable source for leaks of new products or content in any medium.

MrBadger

Where were you guys when they unveiled Super mario galaxy fro the original DS ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FVLyzmNAI
It was so real it could punch you in the face. It is so real you guys why has everyone forgotten about it?

This one's weird. I still don't know how someone smart enough to create all of that was also dumb enough to think people would buy into that whole "star=wii shop points" and "unlock it by beating Galaxy 1" nonsense. It'd be like if the Rayman leaker told people you unlock him by putting your Wii U in a microwave for 30 seconds

Top Bottom