• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit rumor: Destiny II: Forge of Hope, November 2017, [Kotaku & Bungie skeptical]

No character transfer is fine if they give you some kind of loyalty reward.

For example, Guild Wars 2 gave you armor and weapon skins for completing various milestones and achievements in the Guild Wars 1.

They need to do something.

Yeah i'm 100% sure they'll do something like that.

Raids are another touchy issue for me. WotM was actually fun, but they need to do something different instead of relying on gimmicks, OHKO wipes, and puzzles to pad it out. I'd rather deal with hordes than worrying about some gimmick during a boss fight. Kings fall had too much crap going on it created artificial difficulty and made the whole thing feel like a long drudge. Crota was perfect save for the last boss where you needed one person to run sword but Ai can get skewed and everyone will be gunning for the sword bearer while your fire team is taking Crota's shield down. VoG was too glitchy on the final boss where we had wipes becase the game can't warp you out properly.

Bungie please don't do this. The best raids are the ones that require real cooperation and coordination (VoG, KF). Not glorified strikes like Crota's End.

I am fine with characters not crossing over to the sequel but there definitely needs to be some kind of reward for players who have 3 characters with max gear and level. You can't just scrap characters and not create some kind of incentive for people to start over.

The Destiny universe is too fucking confusing. I was hoping they would make it a bit simpler. Nothing ever really made sense or felt important.

no issue with starting a new character. 500+ hours between years 1 through 3 on the first game, I whole-heartedly welcome starting fresh in Destiny II.

VariantX

New engine? Sounds like they solved the issue that was holding the game back from it's real potential in terms of content creation and delivery. Good stuff.

LordKasual

Banned
If No Man's Sky didn't take the title, i see Destiny as this generation's biggest con job.

I desperately, desperately want to love the game though. So i'm going to wait to give Destiny II a shot.

Tjamato88

I'll wait for him to comment. He's the definitive source on Destiny rumors IMO.

This also sounds like bullshit to me. It sounds like a mix of random stuff thrown together with the already confirmed leaks to make it seem more credible.

Tomeru

Raids are another touchy issue for me. WotM was actually fun, but they need to do something different instead of relying on gimmicks, OHKO wipes, and puzzles to pad it out. I'd rather deal with hordes than worrying about some gimmick during a boss fight. Kings fall had too much crap going on it created artificial difficulty and made the whole thing feel like a long drudge. Crota was perfect save for the last boss where you needed one person to run sword but Ai can get skewed and everyone will be gunning for the sword bearer while your fire team is taking Crota's shield down. VoG was too glitchy on the final boss where we had wipes becase the game can't warp you out properly.

I disagree. All the raids were great. The only thing that made them 'difficult' were the bugs. The fucking bugs and glitches. They needed to fix those faster than they did.

GlamFM

Banned

This also sounds like bullshit to me. It sounds like a mix of random stuff thrown together with the already confirmed leaks to make it seem more credible.

Absolutely.

And Shinobi

eizarus

Banned
If No Man's Sky didn't take the title, i see Destiny as this generation's biggest con job.

I desperately, desperately want to love the game though. So i'm going to wait to give Destiny II a shot.
Con in what way? Vanilla Destiny didn't underdeliver anywhere near to NMS level. Then they began to fix it all up with the expansions.
It's also ended up this gens greatest success story.
This too

If bungie can keep the pvp separate and let me earn all the weapons cod style or something, then I'll be all in on a sequel. Otherwise, ill probably be steering clear of this.

Kill3r7

The only thing I find surprising is the release date. They have owned September for 3 years running. Kind of surprised they are moving to November.

I've had hundreds of hours of fun over 3 years with Destiny, so I guess I got conned really hard.

The only thing I find surprising is the release date. They have owned September for 3 years running. Kind of surprised they are moving to November.

Again, I wouldn't be shocked if November is the only viable month for it to be finished in time to make it in 2017.

Bungie please don't do this. The best raids are the ones that require real cooperation and coordination (VoG, KF). Not glorified strikes like Crota's End.

I didn't raid often, but I agree with you. Crota was crazy basic. VOG is one of the better raids I've played and really requires your wits to be about you.

A con? That's rubbish. It was a bit barebones at first, but hardly a con.

Bizazedo

I don't understand what engine has to do with character transfer. At their base, characters are just a level and the gear they have. An engine is completely irrelevant, in theory. I don't think anyone was expecting the exact same model, etc.

Phil Fish

Banned
Why specify as 5 platforms? Isn't it redundant to say ps4/pro and xbone/Scorpio? This can only imply that we might see a few pro/Scorpio exclusives.

Honestly I might get Destiny 2 just because it's on PC. I stopped playing part 1 after the taking king DLC so it doesn't bother me much that characters can't transfer.

Kill3r7

I didn't raid often, but I agree with you. Crota was crazy basic. VOG is one of the better raids I've played and really requires your wits to be about you.

A con? That's rubbish. It was a bit barebones at first, but hardly a con.

If Crota assigned a random sword bearer every turn it would be a much different and arguably a far more interesting raid. That said, on hard it still requires coordination and timing.

Tjamato88

Why specify as 5 platforms? Isn't it redundant to say ps4/pro and xbone/Scorpio? This can only imply that we might see a few pro/Scorpio exclusives.

I don't think so. I think it's just shitty writing from the author of the rumor. We've seen no indication that Sony is going to do any Pro exclusive games and we don't know enough about Scorpio to make that claim either.

Gator86

If bungie can keep the pvp separate and let me earn all the weapons cod style or something, then I'll be all in on a sequel. Otherwise, ill probably be steering clear of this.

I really want them to de-link the PvE and PvP. I'll play the PvE, if only because every human I know buys the game, but the PvP is irredeemably bad. I don't want to be forced to spend another minute of my life forced to play it to grind for some exotic. Also, who wants to play a 30fps multiplayer shooter in the year of our Lord 2017?

Definitely. VoG is still the best overall raid they've done. I think the Oryx fight is the best single encounter in the game though. It just requires you to be so precise and on point for every second of it.

Koh

I feel the exact same way.

LordKasual

Banned
Con in what way? Vanilla Destiny didn't underdeliver anywhere near to NMS level. Then they began to fix it all up with the expansions.

NMS and Destiny are quite far removed, but it's still the closest disappointment i can think of. The design of the game was just weak to me. Bullet sponges everywhere, ridiculous RNG, lazy campaign, all of the narrative is on a website datalog, ect ect. But it's coming from a company that i would never expect to have such pitfalls, judging from their previous FPS games until that point.

Con is strong word, but i guess i was just expecting something a bit more from Bungie.

I think where I really got pissed off at Destiny and just knew i'd never play again is when they started nerfing PvE weapons for the sake of them being broken in PVP. Like, why...how is this required? Final Fantasy XIV is a PvE centric game and even they manage to give PVP-specific abilities and skill rebalances during PvP modes, and that's a game with like 12 unique classes with dozens of skills. But Bungie earned their stripes off competitive PvP experiences, so i don't see how this distinction could have been overlooked.

The experience just felt like Bungie had never even looked at a modern MMO before. Hopefully Destiny II will remedy some of this though. The premise of the game was interesting and the gunplay was spot-on.

Top Bottom