• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remote Play @ 60fps

the lag and the dissimilar controls will always make it the inferior cousin of the wiiu gamepad.

That maybe true. The Wii u gamepad seemed pretty good from the little I used it.

But playing NBA2k and Ground Zeroes at work while pulling a graveyard shift is priceless. its not perfect but its close enough.

Kuldar

Played at Resogun last night on my Xpera 3 Compact tablet with all settings at high and it was awsome. It was wierd at 30 fps.

No, 30fps is set by default.

Vita > PS4 Link app > bubble in the lower-right corner > settings > video quality

When you switch to 60fps, DVR will not work in those game sessions.
Thanks! Found the WiFi power save setting too.
RP is awesome now! Another question. Is it still limited to 720p on PSTV?

KyleCross

It's a poorly labelled setting on the Vita, you'd think it would mean to continue using Wi-Fi in standby/'power-save' mode.

But really, it means to keep the Wi-Fi chip in a permanent low-power state, meaning signal strength and internet speed is much weaker.

You deserve some sort of awesome title for this. I had always thought it meant don't turn wi-fi off when the Vita goes into standby as whenever the Vita did I notice that my downloads would pause. I just played a full match of Dead or Alive 5 LR and a round of RE: Revelations 2 Raid Mode after turning this setting off along with the direct connection with PS4... something that was impossible prior when I had these settings on.

I STILL can't get L2 > L1 and R2 > R1 mapping to work. I go into the PS4 and use the button reassignment to do it, but L1 and R1 during Remote play is still... L1 and R1. Why doesn't it work?

Thanks! Found the WiFi power save setting too.
RP is awesome now! Another question. Is it still limited to 720p on PSTV?
Well the PSTVs max output resolution is only 720p (I consider 1080i a lower resolution).

fixedpoint

It's a poorly labelled setting on the Vita, you'd think it would mean to continue using Wi-Fi in standby/'power-save' mode.

But really, it means to keep the Wi-Fi chip in a permanent low-power state, meaning signal strength and internet speed is much weaker.

Wow, I had no idea - thank you.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
You deserve some sort of awesome title for this. I had always thought it meant don't turn wi-fi off when the Vita goes into standby as whenever the Vita did I notice that my downloads would pause. I just played a full match of Dead or Alive 5 LR and a round of RE: Revelations 2 Raid Mode after turning this setting off along with the direct connection with PS4... something that was impossible prior when I had these settings on.

I STILL can't get L2 > L1 and R2 > R1 mapping to work. I go into the PS4 and use the button reassignment to do it, but L1 and R1 during Remote play is still... L1 and R1. Why doesn't it work?

Well the PSTVs max output resolution is only 720p (I consider 1080i a lower resolution).
Unfortunately PS4-side button mapping doesn't apply during remote play, which is very disappointing.

Oh and make sure "use Wi-fi in Power Save Mode" is disabled on the Vita.

7b1b36600a9788f48098c5051ec882937cac3d928654b086b1f614f4f0fc9d67.jpg

"or woman"

gruenel

As has already been said, 30fps games benefit from selecting 60fps streaming.

Oh and make sure "use Wi-fi in Power Save Mode" is disabled on the Vita.

I feel so dumb right now

DieH@rd

Banned
Disabling of "Power Save Mode" is always strongly promoted here on GAF, but every month someone new suddenly realizes what this setting does. Same happens with "OMG I can play PS4 via Remote Play outside of my home?" :D That was possible even on PSP&PS3 [t'was shitty, but was possible].

Sony would really need to create PS4 Link App that automatically overrides any local power saving modes so that people would get better experience.

KyleCross

Unfortunately PS4-side button mapping doesn't apply during remote play, which is very disappointing.

XXu4NHB.gif

Doesn't Remote Play basically just turn the Vita into a DS4? This is really stupid. Them not offering a way to natively do this in the Remote Play settings is stupid in and of itself.

This is basically... yeah, not get any use for me. Putting L2 and R2 on the touchscreen is really dumb, I literally have to get my Claw hands on to do it and it is not ideal.

-Horizon-

Awesome!

Can we suspend on PS4, and continue from Vita from there?

I'm also absolutely, positively sure that the "Use wi-fi in power-save mode" should be DISABLED at all times. I was having wi-fi drops regularly with it, even while the Vita was surely on and 2 meters away from my wi-fi spot. And to this day, until you said "poorly labelled" I didn't get or understand why it was named like that! Now I know it should have been called "Low-power Wi-fi mode" or something... Funny thing is, there are LOTS of people being burnt by this setting. You have lots of wi-fi problems and you would never guess to disable this with its current label, and this is not even properly documented.

This is the biggest news here for me, I didn't even know what it does. Time to uncheck it.

tahsutify

I love it and 60 FPS is a HUUGE improvement. Huge. Everything is so fluid now. BF4 multiplayer was unplayable for me before the 60 FPS option but I am pretty good now.

Synless

The reduced lag in 60fps mode is worth it's weight in gold. Seriously, playing dying light before the update had this god awful lag that made playing the game feel awkward. After the update, it's like playing the damn game on my ps4.

RP is definitely a good deal better with the update. I had never used my PSTV for it very much but I might actually do so now (though the small lag will still interfere with twitch stuff).

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
If the Vita was a bigger success I wonder if Sony would have released a new model of the Vita with all the buttons included. I know I'd pay good money for it.

What the fuck. Sony, I'm going to kill you.
(disables it immediately)

Danneee

Still not good enough to make action games playable for me on my Z3. Choosing higher fps made the picture quality shit.
And that's 3 meters fron a 5ghz N router that's wired to my PS4. With my phone as the only thing connected on 5ghz and no other interfering networks on the 5ghz band.

KyleCross

Liiiiiinnnnnkkkkk.

Playing TLOU is ALMOST too good, using the back touchscreen is what kills it.

I'm guessing the controls are game specific? I thought I had played one where the triggers were on the back, but Revelations 2 has them on the front screen.

Wow this update has made the remote play on my z3 and z2 tablet so much better. I was always annoyed it wasnt as good as the vita but I can finally say its almost just as good. Will definitely be using it on my tablet from now on.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
With 60FPS RP and WiFi power saver thing set to Off, like it should be, the experience is really great. I tested with Vita in the same sight as my TV, and I think there's no difference in input lag at all between Vita and my plasma TV. When I navigate the OS, both screens seem to update in perfect accord, and at solid 60FPS.

Zornack

Liiiiiinnnnnkkkkk.

Playing TLOU is ALMOST too good, using the back touchscreen is what kills it.

Could you provide a link for this? Thanks.

It's launching in Japan in late April.

http://n4g.com/news/1662724/ps-vita...lay-thanks-to-add-on-by-japanese-manufacturer

$24.5, not too bad. I hope it works, I'll definitely grab one if it does.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/auc-mediaworld/12020268000/
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/auc-mediaworld/12020269000/

herod

With 60FPS RP and WiFi power saver thing set to Off, like it should be, the experience is really great. I tested with Vita in the same sight as my TV, and I think there's no difference in input lag at all between Vita and my plasma TV. When I navigate the OS, both screens seem to update in perfect accord, and at solid 60FPS.
LG plasma maybe

SerTapTap

Has anyone tried this for L2 and R2 substitution?

Fair warning to anyone looking at these, the new default for Remote Play is now all 4 touch points on the front corners, so such devices will be useless for anything using the new default scheme. You're better off using the remap controls feature.

Not sure when the change happened, and 2 front 2 rear is still a common configuration (The Order does this I think), but new games are already defaulting to 4 front touches. It's actually really nice for the most part.

DieH@rd

Banned

I like this a lot, but I don't like how palm-area looks. I would like something larger that emulates larger palm areas of DS4.

Good grip IMO is a must for a good enjoyment of Vita console. I hate that Vita needs to be held and balanced with FINGERS, which makes handling backtouch hard and my fingers must be in claw position if I need to manipulate both sticks. With good grip, holding vita is much more natural and easier.

Covfan

Does anyone else have a problem with the ps4 link app? It works fine for a bit then freezes and when trying to power off it freezes and I have to put it into safe mode to get it back working.

Top Bottom