• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Xbox owners are deserting Microsoft consoles for the PlayStation 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
That isn't exactly a compelling list, which is exactly my point.

Exactly, I mean, I hate to say it because I love me Halo 1 - 3, but MS hasn't done much good lately. I was BORED on my 360 the last few years. If it wasn't for multi platforms I woulda let it collect dust.

I mean let's do a similar list for Sony:

Resistance, Motorstorm, MLB: The Show, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Gran Turismo, Warhawk, Socom, Little Big Planet, Killzone, Infamous, God of War, MAG, Heavy Rain, Puppeteer, Sly Cooper, Journey, Flower, Beyond: Two Souls.

That's just off the top of my head.

EBE

who keeps talking shit about LocoCycle without having played it? im gonna have to have a stern talk with you guys.

Exactly, I mean, I hate to say it because I love me Halo 1 - 3, but MS hasn't done much good lately. I was BORED on my 360 the last few years. If it wasn't for multi platforms I woulda let it collect dust.

Resistance, Motorstorm, MLB: The Show, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Gran Turismo, Warhawk, Socom, Little Big Planet, Killzone, Infamous, God of War, MAG, Heavy Rain, Puppeteer, Sly Cooper, Journey, Flower, Beyond: Two Souls.

Yup, my 360 is still connected primarily as a Bayonetta machine (how I wish they'd port it to Wii U, I'd pay full price again).

I think it's Kinect that pretty much killed it all, or at least it seems that way since MS has been like this since 2009.

I would like to represent Warframe-PS4 gaf and whine about how neither SonyGAF or MSGAF recognizes excellent, AA - AAA quality F2P titles in their list wars.

m3q3.gif

Prototype

Calm your tits & go read my post before this. Thanks.

sorry, I just don't have unlimited income, so getting both systems isn't an option. It's also not an option for many people that I know. Most people choose one system and stick with it for the gen. And in all the console generations I've been around for (NES days) there are 2 major considerations people take into account. #1 is price. #2 is what are their friends getting.

daman824

Some pretty meh games in that list too.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Except it is still about the games. Most of the third party games run slightly better on PS4, then there is the future game releases (both third party and exclusive) that people consider.
For some it's clearly not tho. You have peeps on GAF who have vowed to never by an X1 regardless of what they do. Some wouldnt even take it for free lol.

zeelman

Except it is still about the games. Most of the third party games run slightly better on PS4, then there is the future game releases (both third party and exclusive) that people consider.

If its just about the games, why does the hardware need to be constantly discussed? The average person buying one of these systems doesn't care about that, they care about what games they can play on the system.

BigDug13

If its just about the games, why does the hardware need to be constantly discussed? The average person buying one of these systems doesn't care about that, they care about what games they can play on the system.

They care only about "what" games and not anything about how a game performs at all? Might as well buy FIFA '14 on PS2 then.
I'm sure Borderlands 2 Vita will provide the same experience as it does on PS3. Since it only matters what game it is and all that.

This is called a false dichotomy. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Melchiah

There is very clearly a backlash. It's people wanting to make a big deal out of those differences that exist. To talk about them on, and on, and on. Sure, you could just call it the typical fanboy wars, but some people seem to have made a sport out of it with the XB1. It's inflamed even further when a game like Titanfall is involved.

How does that differ from the years the PS3 faced a similar backlash? It wasn't over in a blink either, but continued for a couple of years after the launch. The companies reap what they sow.

Rocky

Banned
It's too bad they couldn't get that Milo thing working for Kinect. Interacting with a game character on the screen like that looked kinda interesting.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
For some it's clearly not tho. You have peeps on GAF who have vowed to never by an X1 regardless of what they do. Some wouldnt even take it for free lol.

A very small minority of people probably feel this way. The same could be said for the few people that will never buy a Sony system or even understand why people prefer PS+ over XBL.

Come on.

daman824

And are any of those as bad as Kinect Sesame Street or Kinect Nike?
Kinect sesame street (the double fine game) actually has better reviews than any of the games in my post. Which considering the budgets for some of the games being compared, is pretty funny.

But double fine is one of the best in the business.

cammy84

I would like to represent Warframe-PS4 gaf and whine about how neither SonyGAF or MSGAF recognizes excellent, AA - AAA quality F2P titles in their list wars.

m3q3.gif

Superb game. Getting the most playtime on my PS4 with it at the minute & it's free. It's just mindblowing

Sydle

A ton of those games you listed are not very good at all. People don't list them because they aren't seen as worth mentioning (cough Lococycle cough). And publishing is very different than developing and publishing. Moneyhatting an external studio is not viewed with the same admiration as internal developing a game.

That isn't exactly a compelling list, which is exactly my point. Black Tusk shows that MS would rather recylce the same stuff rather than go in for a brand new IP. that's sends the kind of signal that puts me off from the Xbox in general.

OMG microsoft, take my money now!

Many of those are with internal studios or closely partnered studios. What does it matter? An investment is an investment.

The fact is that MS is trying new things, anything else is just you coming up with a convoluted excuse to close your ears. Commercially, they probably have the same hit to miss ratio as Sony.

Pretty sure Spencer said that the next Gears will innovate. Don't care to hear "Judgement blah blah blah." Damned if they do and damned if they don't, way too many whiners.

well honestly, I'm not surprised when I look at that list I'm seeing nothing that jumps out at me at all, I mean honestly that list is embarassing...
Ryse - meh
Nike Training - cell phone app
kinect sesame street - not sure if serious
Dance Central - you must be joking or I come back at you with singstar lol
zoo tycoon - isn't this a pc game?
Alan wake - unproven, was ok last gen but not mindblowing.
LocoCycle - no
Killer Instinct - just one of many fighters and not the best one.
Project Spark - little big planet 10 years too late.

I mean this is just a gut reaction, I'm sure some of those games will be good , but I really don't feel like I am missing out at all. And when are any of these games even due?

I enjoyed Ryse way more than I thought I would.

Kinect Sesame Street. Wonderbook. Are we really going to split hairs on this?

Nike Training was a Kinect game.

Dance Central. Singstar. It's just broadening the portfolio. You aren't the audience, so what.

LOL, you guys say they just do the same stuff over and over, you see a list and then you tear it apart so you stick to your argument. Pathetic.

Some of these arguments are starting to feel intentionally obtuse and I feel like this derailed thread is getting even more pedantic by the moment.

Kinect sesame street (the double fine game) actually has better reviews than any of the games in my post. Which considering the budgets for some of the games being compared, is pretty funny.

And Towerfall has better reviews that Titanfall, but let's be honest here. Which of those is making more waves?

Many of those are with internal studios or closely partnered studios. What does it matter? An investment is an investment.

The fact is that MS is trying new things, anything else is just you coming up with a convoluted excuse to close your ears. Commercially, they probably have the same hit to miss ratio as Sony.

Pretty sure Spencer said that the next Gears will innovate. Don't care to hear "Judgement blah blah blah." Damned if they do and damned if they don't, way too many whiners.

Is it whining to say I'll believe it when I see it? MS's internal developers have not had a good track record at all. Their "hits" are generally other studios (Epic, Bungie, Respawn).

daman824

Some of these arguments are starting to feel intentionally obtuse and I feel like this derailed thread is getting even more pedantic by the moment.

And Towerfall has better reviews that Titanfall, but let's be honest here. Which of those is making more waves?
Well the games I pointed out in your list are mediocre.

Is it really that hard to understand that different games are more attractive to different audiences and the beautiful thing know as an opinion means one game will be terrible according someone and great according to someone else?

BigDug13

I'm not the audience for that style of game though. I'd rather Sony attempt something like Beyond and fall on their faces as the game doesn't turn out so well then to see more Kinect-style kids and dance games being developed and published first party.

Marco1

Personally I think MS are far to busy trying to chase Apple but everything they do to compete with them comes off as it's looks like an Apple device but it's not. Also didn't Apple buy Primesense the company behind the kinect technology? If the next or future Apple TV device competes with the xbone then are MS not screwed?
Sony are right to go with VR if it's true because it seems Sony are chasing the gaming console dream position and not just another under the TV device.
I look forward to seeing what the new CEO brings after xbone and surface in about 3-4 years.

daman824

I don't understand the point you're trying to make.
Sesame street was reviewed well (granted it was made for children), towerfall was reviewed well, and titanfall was reviewed well. They are all good/great games. The ones I pointed out in your list aren't.

But yes, it ultimately is subjective for both sides.

KORNdoggy

I enjoyed Ryse way more than I thought I would.

Kinect Sesame Street. Wonderbook. Are we really going to split hairs on this?

Nike Training was a Kinect game.

Dance Central. Singstar. It's just broadening the portfolio. You aren't the audience, so what.

LOL, you guys say they just do the same stuff over and over, you see a list and then you tear it apart so you stick to your argument. Pathetic.

It is a pretty damn awful list though. I mean, we are in "the gamecube is a mature console because it has resident evil" territory here. Yes, there have been new IP's from MS. But to put alan wake next to fucking lococycle? Or to even include some of those games just seems pointless. I mean, you could create a list a mile long for any platform if you have absolutely no quality standards.

hodgy100

Nor does the way multiplatform games perform on the PS4. Though it did matter last gen, we are beyond that now.

Diminishing returns means "in real terms" ps4 is only like 1.1x as powerful as a xbox one and that gap is about to be made up by directX 12! the dGPU is comign soon too! When will you SonyPonies learn!

A ton of those games you listed are not very good at all. People don't list them because they aren't seen as worth mentioning (cough Lococycle cough). And publishing is very different than developing and publishing. Moneyhatting an external studio is not viewed with the same admiration as internal developing a game.

If they're publishing a game, they'r3 paying for the development. It's not just "moneyhatting" an external studio.

Nor does the way multiplatform games perform on the PS4. Though it did matter last gen, we are beyond that now.
you just don't understand

What only matters is the fun factor!

I played Sly 4 and had major fps issues in some levels within the game (ice level)... at times screwing up my platforming in tight situations but looking back now I have realized that I was being foolish and should have just ignored the technical issues since the game was fun

As long as it is fun I do not credit extra bits of a game even if it may effect the overall precise gameplay at certain times

Childish of me to nitpick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom