• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Spoiler Thread

Kazuhira

I must say i'm gonna miss these assholes,especially Jack.
The_Bakers.jpg

I think i could live with more personal enemies than standard mobs,you know something like a megaman-esque boss selection.
You start in a main hub that its interconnected with their respective domains and you have deal with their own set of rules and fighting them across the entire level etc.
Of course the character roster would have to be bigger than just 3 but maybe they can take inspiration from movies like Thirteen Ghosts or something.
thir13en_ghosts.jpg

I must say i'm gonna miss these assholes,especially Jack.
The_Bakers.jpg

I think i could live with more personal enemies than standard mobs,you know something like a megaman-esque boss selection.
You start in a main hub that its interconnected with their respective domains and you have deal with their own set of rules and fighting them across the entire level etc.
Of course the character roster would have to be bigger than just 3 but maybe they can take inspiration from movies like Thirteen Ghosts or something.
thir13en_ghosts.jpg

Well, Lucas is still out there.

I asked this in the OT but didn't get an answer yet. Does anyone know which weapon is stronger, the Repaired Handgun (M19) or the Albert-01R? I've read conflicting things online.

Neff

I asked this in the OT but didn't get an answer yet. Does anyone know which weapon is stronger, the Repaired Handgun (M19) or the Albert-01R? I've read conflicting things online.

Having used both extensively, Albert is definitely more powerful.

I like the idea of future resident evil games being these isolated bioweapon breakout incidents that are smaller in scale and only intertwine with the umbrella/Chris/Leon stuff sparingly.

Jawmuncher

I personally would like to see something like Outbreak done with the main series.

So RE8 would have you play another new character, like a regular police officer going through all of this.

Then Revelations 3 would be set in the same time period following a legacy character with their action chops in the same time frame. So in a way the game would kind of be a "Seperate Ways" of sorts for RE8.

Would be a cool way to have two angles and styles from the same story. Though maybe Not A Hero will do this if they change up the FPS action a bit.

I'd at least like to see something like that once.

Anung

Un Rama
The trophies are up for banned vol 2 and it certainly seems like it might be a bit meatier than the first one which is good.

Kazuhira

I like the idea of future resident evil games being these isolated bioweapon breakout incidents that are smaller in scale and only intertwine with the umbrella/Chris/Leon stuff sparingly.

They should go for the final fantasy style and make every game unrelated to the others.
Every new installment adds more questions,characters,factions and i don't think we will ever see the end of it.
I doubt they will be able to wrap up the entire franchise if they wanted.

dlauv

They could easily do an episodic Outbreak entry. I can only imagine that would sell like hotcakes: low barrier for entry multiplayer RE. Maybe they will if REmake 2 takes off.

They should go for the final fantasy style and make every game unrelated to the others.
Every new installment adds more questions,characters,factions and i don't think we will ever see the end of it.

The downfall of Umbrella was their only chance to do that to be honest. I don't want this series to end anyway. Give me survival horror, action, puzzle fighter evil, etc.

Jawmuncher

Jack Birthday having rankings is interesting.
Sounds like it'll be a combination of speed and the food you give jack.
I have a feeling this mode will be a pain in the ass like Ethan must die, but a little bit less so.

JayEH

They don't ever want to wrap up the franchise.

I became a lot less excited after Jack turned into a blob monster and there were just molded around everywhere with lots of weapons and ammunition. I swear, this happens in so many horror games. Maybe it's a personal preference, but the only thing that actually scares me is another human or humanoid that I can't defeat. That, or some serious enemy that can kill in a single hit or two, such as RE1 hunters.

I really enjoyed the game, but it lost its way near the end. I mean, I fought a giant face as the final boss like I was playing Star Fox.

Dreez

Damn what a good ass game, just finished playing through on VR. Glad to find out you don't miss much if you choose Zoe over Mia lol. Now I can watch all the reaction videos!!!

I think I need to take a good month break from this game before trying Madhouse :p

Sanke__

A little off topic but this game has made me unsure of the direction I want from the Resident Evil 2 remake.

It would be really neat if they used 3 different game modes to celebrate the history of the gameplay styles RE has used.
1.Classic style static camera with a REmake style overhaul towards atmosphere.
2.RE4 style action mode, with the over the shoulder RE4 camera.
3.RE7 FPS mode.

Have each one balanced differently to make the most of the gameplay styles.

I'm going to be sad when this isn't announced. :(

I personally think they should do RE2 in REmake style but then also redo RE1 in RE7 style

Either one in RE7 style would probably end up like MGS Twin Snakes with first person aiming and be extremely easy though

Ronin Ray

So I just beat the game and had some questions?

So there is a new umbrella ? Did mia work for them?

Who ran that lab near the end? They mentioned they hid the bodies and locked mia in the cage ?

Who was Redfield? Was it Chris and they just changed his model and voice ? I hope not and wish it was hunk just using redfield as a code name

KalBalboa

Banned
Just finished it tonight. 100% in VR on my Pro!

I'm probably in the minority, but I could've spent another hour in the first house. I was also surprised at just how over-armed I felt in the second half. I didn't use the magnum once. With that said, put me in the "Holy cow, this is the next Mario 64" camp.

My personal ranking: Resident Evil 2 > Resident Evil 7 > REmake > Resident Evil 3 ≥ Resident Evil 4 ≥ Resident Evil 5

Any good spoilercasts out there?

Ronin Ray

Just finished it tonight.

I'm probably in the minority, but I could've spent another hour in the first house. I was also surprised at just how over-armed I felt in the second half. I didn't use the magnum once. With that said, put me in the "Holy cow, this is the next Mario 64" camp.

My personal ranking: Resident Evil 2 > Resident Evil 7 > REmake > Resident Evil 3 ≥ Resident Evil 4 ≥ Resident Evil 5

Any good spoilercasts out there?

Dam 6 didn't even make the list

KalBalboa

Banned
Dam 6 didn't even make the list

Come to think of it, Code Veronica should be in there.

Resident Evil 2 > Resident Evil 7 > REmake > Code Veronica > Resident Evil 3 ≥ Resident Evil 4 ≥ Resident Evil 5

Purely in terms of personal memories/experience/fun.

spannicus

Before i beat the game i saw a trophy say something about co op. Is there multiplayer anywhere in the game or dlc? Or was it meaning playing both ethan and mia?

Dreez

Actually I should probably do Madhouse before I forget what happens...

Question: do I get to keep my antique coins when I start a new game or have to collect all over?

KalBalboa

Banned
I applaud Capcom for going smaller, more atmospheric, and more forward-thinking with this game.

I'd never have expected this from them after the last few years of Resident Evil games. Kudos, Capcom.

dlauv

600 people worked on RE6, technically, but it was mostly a Japan team joint, which was 120 people. RE7 was said to have a "little less" than the amount of people who worked on RE6 working on it, so they're probably only counting the Japan team.

So I just beat the game and had some questions?

So there is a new umbrella ? Did mia work for them?

Who ran that lab near the end? They mentioned they hid the bodies and locked mia in the cage ?

Who was Redfield? Was it Chris and they just changed his model and voice ? I hope not and wish it was hunk just using redfield as a code name

This is a new Umbrella, it's operative nature currently unknown. Not A Hero in May(?) will hopefully she'd light on this Umbrella, as well as Chris Redfield's role.

There's light evidence on Mia either being employed by Umbrella or another comapny. Ethan's codex, which is suspected to be Mia's, registering the D-Series specimens being acquired is what draws the raid by Redfield and co. This can go two ways: Either the codex is from Umbrella and Mia is/was their employee, or Umbrella was the party that compromised the N.A. branch of Mia's employers. Again, hopefully Not a Hero shines light on that mystery.

Lucas operated the lab in the Salt Mines.

The term survival horror is completely meaningless and holds no value at all.

It never ceases to amuse me how RE fans will squabble over an utterly meaningless genre descriptor. It means whatever Capcom wants it to mean, they came up with it in the first place.

....RE4 is still the best survival horror game ever made

Perineum

Had to swap the avatar from Chris RE7 to Lucas... for now. :( Someone PMed me to actually bitch that the avatar is a disrespectful spoiler.

Considering you can't know who it is without beating the game it isnt a spoiler in the typical sense. It's whatever though... rather not trigger someone on the forum as a junior and be banned.

#LordLucasWillRideAgain

Jawmuncher

It never ceases to amuse me how RE fans will squabble over an utterly meaningless genre descriptor. It means whatever Capcom wants it to mean, they came up with it in the first place.

....RE4 is still the best survival horror game ever made

Capcom themselves apparently named the game survival action

Top Bottom