• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Code Veronica rated for PS4 by German USK

Neff

Will buy again, I adore this game.

I'm sure he would, but I think he's dead. I had a conversation with him previously, and I'm pretty sure he said the Resident Evil series has never had any formal exclusivity contracts.

Yep, RE has never had any exclusivity, despite Mikami's wishes.

RE3 was originally a small RE2 spinoff intended to fill the gap between RE2 and the next 'main' RE title, which went through a number of concepts and projects, Code Veronica being one of them. The RE3 project eventually grew in size and budget and became a full-fledged game.

Personally, I see RECV as more of a legit sequel to RE2.

Lol at the edit, you had me thinking there. What was he banned for, and more importantly who is gonna be our resident 'RE:CV is the real RE3' debunker now?

I nominate Neff.

ho ho ho

IIRC News Bot was banned for getting a little heated in a 'is RE5 racist?' debate.

It's going to be an uprezzed version of the PS3 version, it would require a lot of work for any significant improvement.

I'm not up on CV by any means but I assume the PS3 was just the PS2 version essentially? As in, same game as always obviously with uprezzing, right?

Murkas

I liked CV :(

I would put it above

I hope the next ported remastered game that's already been remastered for PS3 is the MGS collection.

Capra

I don't think CV is "hard" per se. It's just that by Classic RE standards, it's obscenely long and so the issue of having limited ammo and other resources that you need to manage and hoard in preparation of the inevitable boss fight is amplified by like a bajillion times over. Aside from the infamous plane boss, I can think of a few notable points where the difficulty suddenly ramps up and if you aren't properly prepared, it might become a nigh-unwinnable situation.

Although fuck those Stretch Armstrong things.

"Worst classic resident evil" etc etc

Which I think is blatanly wrong having played it at the time of release on DC

I think it's the worst just because of how much I like the others. CV is up there, but I wouldn't put it over the first three. So that makes it the "worst" to me but I still love it.

Hoping we get a retail version of this and 3.

kc44135

Yeah, this is pretty cool. I definitely like CVX, even if it's not favorite. I don't like it as much as the original trilogy or REmake, but it's definitely a cut above RE Zero (I still like that game as well, but it has major issues). I really doubt they'll make any improvements over the previous HD release aside from 1080p and maybe 60 FPS. It would be nice to see some more improvements than last time though, as some of the textures look really rough at 720p, and this release will likely run at much higher resolution. It would also be really cool to have an option to switch between the new style of lightning from the previous remaster and the lighting from the earlier versions which I know many prefer (I prefer the new style, personally).

Jawmuncher

You should. It's very good. Don't believe the haters.

The haters will only slow you deeooownnn

I would say the very positive impressions also draw a wrong picture of the title as well. While it is my least favorite RE mainline since I feel it's very dated. It still has its charms and is of course playable.

The answer is definitely in the middle. Play it, but go in with tempered expectations. If you go in with expectations of "best RE" you're more than likely gonna get hurt if you've never played it before.

I rarely see new people play the game now for the first time hold that opinion. Especially when it's often considered the hardest title and the easiest one to get into a no win state in.

Tohsaka

You should. It's very good. Don't believe the haters.

I liked what I played of it, but I got stuck at a boss or something without enough ammo and didn't feel like restarting, so I just never went back to it. I'll use a walkthrough next time probably.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Need a PC release.

It boggles me that it never made it over, given they ported it to MT Frameworks and that engine runs like a dream on PC.

If this and Bio2:HD hit Steam, the only one in the series that isn't a Spinoff that would have to be ported/released would be Biohazard 3.

Bl@de

It's Capcom and MT Framework. Game will definetly come to PC and most likely have fantastic performance. And since CV has 3D environments: Bring on the texture mods! (Alex and Cris, I'm looking at you guys ;-))

FingerBang

Nice nice nice! It's the only one I want to replay since I don't remember much about it (except that I loved it and felt a lot like RE1).

Also, 7 made me realize how much I was craving for a new "classic" survival horror. So tired of all those hide and seek games (even though I loved Amnesia and liked Outlast) with no real puzzles and combat,

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
ho ho ho

IIRC News Bot was banned for getting a little heated in a 'is RE5 racist?' debate.

Haha.

I'm not surprised about that, he always came on a bit strong, which I'd expect from an account that seems like it was set up solely to correct people about the history of Resident Evil.

Hell yes. This will look excellent in HD.

I would adjust my expectations if I were you, it was an eyesore on PS3 and will likely look even worse on PS4. Still a great game ofc.

Yay but man I want to see more of the Resident Evil 2 remake. I need my HD Claire man and not the REV 2 one either :p

I think it's a safe bet that we will see it at E3, by then it will have had 2 years development time. If it's got the fixed-camera perspective we may even see it this year, but the 20th anniversary next year is more likely.

New models please!

REmaster Chris & zombies + the Code Veronica Claire from the in-engine cutscenes (has more polygons than the model you control).

gelf

My appreciation for CV has grown recently. I like that its a harder entry then most of them, and that ammo is scarce in the beginning and it has a nice big map and some RE1 style puzzles. Its probably the closest in feel to RE1 in general actually.

Also contrary to popular opinion the Tyrant plane boss is one of my favourite bosses of all time. The true worst part of CV is the moth corridor before the save room.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I would like it just so a few of us (including neff) can have another thread arguing about whether or not it sucks.

Top Bottom