• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster confirmed for PS3/PS4/360/XB1/PC

Carbonox

fuck off did thuway predict this

fuck off is this being made

fuck off is this digital only in the west

fuck off

day one

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
30 fps is fine for this game, but it's a real shame they're seemingly just upscaling the backgrounds, might as well just play the GC version then.

riceandpea

Neo Member
Smartest decision Capcom has made for a very long time.

Now we just need Square Enix to remake Final Fantasy VII, right? RIGHT?!

braves01

Banned
Whoa...great news. I never got around to playing remake mostly cause its on my gamecube, but I'll play this for damn sure on pc.

Pooya

It's like the ran the bgs through HQ2X filter or similar, LOL. Looks hideous. Nobody in Japan seem to have preserved their assets from late 90s / 2000s.

could be that the original contract had some sort of exclusivity clause for a certain amount of time, and it ran out.

I was wondering the same thing, but if that is the case, why not release a supposed remaster of Resident Evil 0 as well (because they part of the same contract)?

30 fps is fine for this game, but it's a real shame they're seemingly just upscaling the backgrounds, might as well just play the GC version then.

The Wii version in the RE Archives plays wonderfully on a WiiU through hdmi.

Best way to experience the game on modern displays.

The irony of not releasing this on Wii U and Vita when you take in consideration that the original backgrounds would look "better" on a smaller screen.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
RE-003_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

Not bad from the screenshot
I like this one
RE-011_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

Bittercup

Fantastic news. The lack of proper 16:9 is a bit disappointing and so far seems in general more like a normal port instead of a remaster. But I'm glad they are at least updating the controls.
I will certainly buy it day 1. (I originally bought my gamecube just to play this game)

Looks like a half-assed port unfortunately. Still seems to look a bit better than playing REmake on Dolphin so I guess I'll get it eventually.
A shame they're not actually remaking the backgrounds.

That's awesome. I've been thinking about buying the Wii version of REmake to play on my Wii U for a while, but didn't want to have to buy a Classic Controller or whatever to play it.

Seanspeed

Banned
I'm not one of those mental people that think 30 fps is better than 60 fps, but I can't see it making much difference in a game with a static camera.
60fps isn't just about making things look smoother. If anything, more responsive controls would be really good for a game like this, where every shot counts.

hohoXD123

Although it sucks that not much effort seems to have gone into this, I'm still glad it's getting made since I (and I'm sure many others) never got to experience REmake so will probably pick it up on current gen consoles at some point.

xandaca

Shame, if understandable, that this isn't coming to Wii U. I'd have snapped it up, even though I still own the GCN original.

-MD-

With those fucking upressed photoshop filtered backgrounds? I wouldn't pay more than 2 bucks for this trash. Now if they had actually rerendered the backgrounds I'd be willing to pay more for this game.

Gonna buy 2 copies actually and give one to my friend.

Nibel

They didn't even bother to re-render their assets?

I enjoyed REmake, but this was like 10-12 years ago when it looked 'HD' to my eyes. Nowadays you can easily notice the compression and in a game like this presentation is important.

Seems like a fast cash grab, kind of disappointed.

Alfredo

I'm just gonna put this out there, Capcom: the backgrounds might look better on the Vita's lower resolution screen... ;)

Sandfox

I was wondering the same thing, but if that is the case, why not release a supposed remaster of Resident Evil 0 as well (because they part of the same contract)?
They're going to give a it a separate release so they get more money out of RE fans without have to spend much money.
Smartest decision Capcom has made for a very long time.

Now we just need Square Enix to remake Final Fantasy VII, right? RIGHT?!

If they do its going to be for mobile given their current trends and the fact that its the next game in the series that would need to end up going on that platform(though I wouldn't be surprised if they just kept it the way it already is for the most part).

Top Bottom