• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster confirmed for PS3/PS4/360/XB1/PC

AniHawk

I was wondering the same thing, but if that is the case, why not release a supposed remaster of Resident Evil 0 as well (because they part of the same contract)?

i sort of think this is a precursor to an hd version of zero and updated re4. they may be testing the waters, the deals ran out at different times, or both, or neither.

cacildo

WiiU Couldn't Even Handle Resident Evil Remake Remaster HD Title Screen

(too many pages in the thread, couldnt check if someone already made this one)

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
60fps isn't just about making things look smoother. If anything, more responsive controls would be really good for a game like this, where every shot counts.

I'm aware of that, and I agree. But RE is hardly Battlefield 4, smoother controls would be nice but it's not gonna make any difference to your combat skills in an RE game.

Toxa

need my ps4 (and vita :( ) copy

pro_img_e-cap01.png

catmario

I once underestimated thruway, but I surprised on that rumor become true. lol

Now My factory sealed GC copy gonna cry. ;(

Oh yes. So Resi 4 control option?
Resi4's controls are the same as the 5 games that came before it. They're just tank controls where the camera is locked to your shoulder.

That said, yeah there's a N64 style control scheme. So presumably, down moves you down on screen, and so on.

To all the complainers talking about 60fps, did you forget the animated backgrounds?

NO WAY!!!

I've been waiting for this for YEARS, a full 1080p glory of REmake... OMG this is HUGE I can't believe that this is happening for real wow!!!

Best news since forever oh god I'm dying of excitement here ;_;

riceandpea

Neo Member
If they do its going to be for mobile given their current trends and the fact that its the next game in the series that would need to end up going on that platform(though I wouldn't be surprised if they just kept it the way it already is for the most part).

Yeah... truth be told I'd be super wary of any FF remakes. I'm not sure SE has the right attitude to do it justice - it would only ruin our nostalgia.

Never mind, I won't buy this port after all.

Looks like a lazy cashgrab if they are using upscaled background assets instead of re-rendering.

so1337

Fuck's sake, Capcom. There was a way to do this right. And you're doing it wrong.

In any case, they probably don't eve have the 3D data for those backgrounds anymore. lol

The irony of not releasing this on Wii U and Vita when you take in consideration that the original backgrounds would look "better" on a smaller screen.

Thats a very good point.

Resident Evil: Deadly Silence looks surprisingly good on the DS and the original 1-3 look good on the Vita too.

Oh well...

I'm excited but as expected from Capcom, the minimum effort possible, the japanese price is WTF and even more WTF is the fact that we have to wait until 2015 to play it.

The background looks decent from crap in the official screenshots, I can't imagine how bad they will looks in 1080p.

After this I expect them to re-release RE4 for current gen, I know you want to do it Capcom :p

NO WAY!!!

I've been waiting for this for YEARS, a full 1080p glory of REmake... OMG this is HUGE I can't believe that this is happening for real wow!!!

Best news since forever oh god I'm dying of excitement here ;_;

It's really sad seeing people come in here and post things like this having not seen the screens. :(

Garibaldi

Glorious. Hopefully they'll redo Zero too if this is successful. I can live with 2 and 3 being on my VITA since they'll be too much work to REmake.

Judging by those screenshots Wii U should easily be able to handle this. Shame it's not gonna be on there though. :/

Lazy stuff by Capcapom. I'll stick with my Wii + Gamecube Resi games.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Someone should post the comparison screens in the OP.

liquidtmd

Banned
I wish theyd do a limited print run of retail copies in all regions for people who dont want all digital.

But Capcpom gonna Capcpom. Theyve probably got a team of two of this port.

Seik

Banned
I'm sure that's going to be Japan only. We'll probably only get digital releases everywhere else.

Unless you meant you'd be importing.

Of course I want to import :D

I imported Revival Selections (RE:CV & RE4) physically on PS3 because I couldn't stand not having a physical version of these.

I hope they'll slap both languages in, but knowing Capcom, it probably be JAP only. At least the good old english VA will be there.

This is such good news. The first 3 RE games are the only ones I could get into. The others just changed up formula to much.

I keep hearing that 4 was good though. Did not like 5 at all and Gaf's reviews of 6 pretty much convinced me not to even go there.

Top Bottom