• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil:Vendetta release dates announced;First review says it's Action & Horror

A CG Movie based on a game... where have I heard this before
final-fantasy-vii-advent-children.11228.jpg

Have you been living under a rock?
Not in a mean way, in a I'm surprised way.

There's been like 2 Halo CGI movies, 3 Resi CGI movies, Kingsglaive and Spirits Within, plus the Dead Space animated movie.

Plus, you can't forget that terrible Ratchet & Clank movie.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

There's been like 2 Halo CGI movies, 3 Resi CGI movies, Kingsglaive and Spirits Within, plus the Dead Space animated movie.

There is also the Tekken and Heavenly Sword CG movies.

I'll watch it for Rebecca. They should really bring Billy back at some point.

These movies aren't that great, but they're usually entertaining.

After watching Damnation I can't help but look forward to this. That one was probably the best CGI game movie I've ever seen. (not a huge honour given its competition, but...)

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
So the first half is good and filled with tension and the second half is over the top action and dumber. Basically a movie that represents the game series up until RE7.
Sounds like RE7

Anung

Un Rama
RE6 is back, baby!

Chris face still looks like shit. Which is weird as Leon just looks like his RE6 counterpart. Rebecca being back is great <3

I love the way it looks. And I like everyone's look.
But that sentence Chris says at the begining almost sounds like it has something to do with the Not a Hero DLC, and I'm not sure I like it.

Nox

Neo Member

There have been two Dead Space ones, both of which were pretty decent.

Kazuhira

My only reason to watch this.
aa7.png

I really don't know much about handling firearms, but I do have a motorcycle license, and I feel that's a pretty risky/impossible way to ride a motorcycle, especially considering that Leon isn't wearing a helmet.

You need to turn your brain off,it's the only way.

Bwhahahha! Just saw the movie.

Man, I watch Resident Evil for the CQC probably isn't something people thought they would ever say but I do find the CQC action here amazing in every sense of the word lol

Just watched it this morning. A lot of horror and action scenes in this one, and I like it. Gonna buy the 4K Blu-ray when it's released.
Damn, that railgun at the end does damaged to the city more than the bad guys does in this entire movie.

I think as an overall package, I prefer Damnation.

Sucks that there isn't an Anna Tsuchiya song at the end of it too.

Also I never notice it before, but Rebecca is kinda hot in this one.

Still Sway but overall less Swag than in Damnation.

Chris and Rebecca are mostly the stars of the show... Wait, pun not intended.

I caught this in the theater last night.

Honestly, it was the most Resident Evil thing I have ever seen. Kind of a RE: Greatest Hits type movie, but in all the right ways. It was a lot of fun. Also, the fight scenes were surprisingly rad.

It cracked me up how Norman Reedus they made Leon look.

Jyc8sYb.jpg

Zeta Oni

Saw it last night.

It's the best animated Resident Evil movie, although that's not a very high bar to clear.

The action scenes were surprisingly good though, just wish there was more quality horror in there.

The movie was bad but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't grinning the whole time. It's stupid, it's cheesy but it's incredibly fun if you're a fan of RE.

Even my partner (no experience with video games) found it entertaining in a comical light which surprised me. I thought she'd hate it.

Top Bottom