• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resogun has PRO support added Patch 1.10

Jonboy

I never understand why Housemarque threads don't get more love here. Some of the best pure gameplay you'll find on the PS4.

leng jai

It kind of baffles me why they chose to give Resogun a Pro patch instead of Alienation, which clearly would benefit a lo more.

leng jai

Resogun probably has much bigger install base, so they can reach more customers that way.

True, but it's also a launch game that most people already played the crap out of I'd imagine. I platinumed it ages ago and don't have much desire to play it anymore.

5taquitos

True, but it's also a launch game that most people already played the crap out of I'd imagine. I platinumed it ages ago and don't have much desire to play it anymore.
Yeah, but name recognition alone is a big deal. Alienation didn't light the charts up, but I'd be willing to bet pretty much every PS4 owner has at least heard of Resogun.

Melchiah

I've played it since the PS4 launch, platinumed it in five weeks, and still play it every week for the challenges.

EDIT: The last time I played Alienation was in June 2016.

BigEmil

Oh didn't see there was another thread for this, quoting what I posted in the other thread

Housemarque blog: in addition to 4K + HDR "Also includes some vfx additions and bug fixes."

http://www.housemarque.com/resogun-4khdr-out-now/

https://mobile.twitter.com/Housemarque/status/832591303519137792

"@Housemarque

Resogun 4K+HDR patch has super sampling in Full HD on PS4 Pro"

Also on their blog they also said additional VFX added too
So added VFX and supersampling for 1080p TV's too

Jonboy

It kind of baffles me why they chose to give Resogun a Pro patch instead of Alienation, which clearly would benefit a lo more.

I'm a huge Housemarque fan and Alienation missed the mark, for me personally. Don't even think I made it halfway through the game.

Gitaroo

I'm a huge Housemarque fan and Alienation missed the mark, for me personally. Don't even think I made it halfway through the game.

Same here, the game was too grindy and difficult, not arcade fun like the rest of their games. Dead Nation was a much better game.

leng jai

I stopped played Alienation after about 8 hours...but that was because it was 30fps. I prefer Dead Nation as well aside from the graphics.

Melchiah

Same here, the game was too grindy and difficult, not arcade fun like the rest of their games. Dead Nation was a much better game.

Agreed. It just wasn't that fun to me. I don't think it's that much worse than Dead Nation, but it sure is more frustrating.

EDIT:
I stopped played Alienation after about 8 hours...but that was because it was 30fps.

That's one thing, that never bothered me.

leng jai

Agreed. It just wasn't that fun to me. I don't think it's that much worse than Dead Nation, but it sure is more frustrating.

EDIT:

That's one thing, that never bothered me.

Normally I don't mind but for arcade games it makes a big difference. Dead Nation and Resogun would be significantly less satisfying at 30fps.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Normally I don't mind but for arcade games it makes a big difference. Dead Nation and Resogun would be significantly less satisfying at 30fps.
Dead Nation is 30FPS on PS3 and PS4. It's quite a slow moving game so it's not really an issue, and for me the same applies to Alienation. Wasn't bothersome to me at all.

leng jai

Dead Nation is 30FPS on PS3 and PS4. It's quite a slow moving game so it's not really an issue, and for me the same applies to Alienation. Wasn't bothersome to me at all.

You're right, thought Dead Nation was 60fps but I haven't played in ages. For some reason Alienation felt quite a bit worse to me.

Freeman76

I've played it since the PS4 launch, platinumed it in five weeks, and still play it every week for the challenges.

EDIT: The last time I played Alienation was in June 2016.

I platted it in the first 2 weeks and still play it regularly too. I never understand people who plat a game and then put it down, to me they arent gamers, more like addicts or something.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
I never really got into the groove of this game. I like the shooting and rescuing the dudes but why do they just randomly die all the time?

I didn't notice anything changing with the HDR update. Do you need to enable it somewhere in the game? I couldn't find the option for that.
Also the patch said it added graphical improvements. Where exactly?

jayu26

I never really got into the groove of this game. I like the shooting and rescuing the dudes but why do they just randomly die all the time?
Lol, they don't randomly die. If they died then that means that you missed guardians somewhere. Notice when is it that humans are dying on you. Next time try to find what it is that you missed that led to their death. Sometimes they will throw guardians in quick successions on opposite ends of the map. Have boost on standby for when that time comes.

Melchiah

Here's info about the requirements to save the humans:
R6LvMYm.png
EDIT: The multiplier requirement means, that you lose the human if you have too low multiplier at that point. Some enemy guardians also need to be shot in a specific order.

Just booted this up and messed around for an hour. Looks great. I can't say that this game in particular benefits enormously from the resolution boost, but it certainly doesn't hurt. HDR looks spectacular, though. Some of the explosions were practically blinding on my TV. It really makes the effects pop so much more.

Vashetti

Banned
Had a little play around and it looks awesome.

I get really frustrated when there's no enemies around and you lose your multiplier though. Or I just suck.

BigEmil

https://youtu.be/xw1XAFzF4o4

VG Tech done Framerate tests and they said it runs at native resolution 3840x2160 using Geometry Rendering and it's stable 60fps.

I think the new vfx is also on standard PS4 with this update too now it looks like didn't see some of these effects before when I played it

I think the new vfx is also on standard PS4 with this update too now it looks like didn't see some of these effects before when I played it

I knew I wasn't going crazy, lol.

I have a standard PS4 and I played a few games of Commando. I noticed new vfx I've never seen. Either that or it was already there and it's just brighter/more noticible.

I don't have a pro nor do I have a 4K tv but this Resogun update makes me want both, lol.

I'm going to use this thread to post screenshots from photo mode I took last night. These were taking from a standard PS4.

0dCgkrd.jpg

EaRadzU.jpg

QeLInbC.jpg

cuToBpv.jpg

gcjbx5M.jpg

Wait wtf did they do to this game. I have a regular old PS4 and this now runs worse. When a level loads there's a slight hick-up, like the game freezes for a second. Some of the sound effects, like humans being in danger, are off by like a second. The sound effects when hitting enemies feels different too, I can't quite pinpoint it but it's as if you feel like you have less of an impact.

Trust me, I've played this game A LOT in the past, even the slightest difference feels huge to me. They made some mistakes in this update, that's for sure.

Scrawnton

Just finished playing through the game in 4k with HDR and man was I impressed.

I've owned a Pro since launch and I wast kind of getting buyers remorse (especially considering I didn't get in the new firmware beta when I was in all the other..) but playing through this with the new patch made me a proud owner once again.

Top Bottom