• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reviews for Rings (2017) Currently at 0% on RT

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
We wanted to watch this tonight but ditched after the horrible reception. We'll now watch Resident Evil instead. I know, not much better but at least there I know what to expect.

Kibbles

It really isn't, it's just completely boring. The trailer made it look "worse" than it actually is. And when I say worse, I really mean better/funnier.
I remember seeing a trailer before a movie several months ago and the ring girl started popping up on all the screens in an airplane and fucking people up and I was rolling, was hoping for a so bad it's fun type of movie. Damn

DeviantBoi

Sorry to ask again, but is there any chance somebody can fill me in on the last 10 minutes? Had to leave the theater and totally missed from the
blind priest falling down the stairs
to the end.

The girl finds Samara's bones hidden in the wall of a room. The priest is not dead. He catches the girl by surprise and is choking her to death. Then Samara shows up (pops up from the girl's phone) and restores the sight to the priest (her father) and then kills him. The girl and the guy take the bones and burn them.

Back home, the guy finally checks his phone and sees Gabriel's message about it being Braille. He decodes the message. It says "Rebirth". In the bathroom, the girl is coming out from the shower and she starts pulling out a strand of hair from her mouth. In the room outside, the guy is at the computer and he sees as the PC "gets possessed" and starts sending the video to everyone in the girl's contact list. And people are responding saying that the video is freaky."

Back in the bathroom, the girl is looking at herself in the mirror. She wipes the mirror with her hand, and all of a sudden she's Samara.

The end.

hampig

The girl finds Samara's bones hidden in the wall of a room. The priest is not dead. He catches the girl by surprise and is choking her to death. Then Samara shows up (pops up from the girl's phone) and restores the sight to the priest (her father) and then kills him. The girl and the guy take the bones and burn them.

Back home, the guy finally checks his phone and sees Gabriel's message about it being Braille. He decodes the message. It says "Rebirth". In the bathroom, the girl is coming out from the shower and she starts pulling out a strand of hair from her mouth. In the room outside, the guy is at the computer and he sees as the PC "gets possessed" and starts sending the video to everyone in the girl's contact list. And people are responding saying that the video is freaky."

Back in the bathroom, the girl is looking at herself in the mirror. She wipes the mirror with her hand, and all of a sudden she's Samara.

The end.

Huh, OK thank you.

I don't remember every seeing any reason why this girl was special or could serve as rebirth for Samara, but whatever.

evanmisha

Sorry to ask again, but is there any chance somebody can fill me in on the last 10 minutes? Had to leave the theater and totally missed from the
blind priest falling down the stairs
to the end.

What's her name finds the body of Samara behind a wall, Holt gets there and is attacked by the blind priest, blind priest attacks what's her name and almost kills her before Samara comes out, returns his sight, and kills him. Holt and what's her name get the body dealt with and all is good until Holt FINALLY checks his old phone and gets the voicemail from Johnny Galecki who tells him about the braille, Holt looks up the braille and it says REBIRTH. Cue the montage of people saying various things vaguely hinting at that, like Skye saying, "It's different this time! She wants to come back!" or whatever and Johnny Galecki in the lecture talking about souls wanting to find a new home. What's her name is getting out of the shower and coughs up a hairy electrode from which a fly emerges. Holt notices his laptop starts sending out a copy of the tape to all of his e-mail and IM contacts who instantly start watching it and responding. What's her name's hand starts peeling where the braille burn was and the skin underneath looks pale and dead. She looks in the mirror and sees Samara in the reflection. Credits roll.

Though I'm too late anyways.

Monocle

We wanted to watch this tonight but ditched after the horrible reception. We'll now watch Resident Evil instead. I know, not much better but at least there I know what to expect.
Rings is the better movie, easily, but RE is more fun.

How hard would it have been to at least make the jump to an actual ring-shaped media like a DVD or blu-ray?
It was a great theater experience, like The Ring. Similar tone, very absorbing.

Huh, OK thank you.

I don't remember every seeing any reason why this girl was special or could serve as rebirth for Samara, but whatever.
All she needed was a vessel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom