• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ride To Hell Retribution CGI trailer.

CaptNink

Wasn't this game originally supposed to have the main character smoke a bunch of weed and find Jesus in the desert or something...

TriAceJP

I've never heard of this until I saw it advertised on Steam.

How could such a huge game (10GB? Jesus.) have no promotion or information?

Has anyone played this yet? $30 price point, interesting.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Watching Slashers stream I think it's safe to say save your cash. There have been some hilarious moments (save a woman = guaranteed sex) but it looks pretty shoddy overall. I could see it being cheapo budget fun for under $5 though if you're into low budget/crappy games.

I'm sure slasher will come in and add his own thoughts :p Looked like he was having problems with the X/Y buttons on the PC version though.

Watching Slashers stream I think it's safe to say save your cash. There have been some hilarious moments (save a woman = guaranteed sex) but it looks pretty shoddy overall. I could see it being cheapo budget fun for under $5 though if you're into low budget/crappy games.

I'm sure slasher will come in and add his own thoughts :p Looked like he was having problems with the X/Y buttons on the PC version though.

Yeah... folks this one is extremely rough. The game takes awhile to get going and even giving you combat that is more then QTE (which the intro stuff makes you think otherwise) It's just extremely rough. I'm getting a sick satisfaction playing it but one I'm not proud of. It's like a game so bad, I want to see the whole thing. Yes on PC for some reason using the xbox controller the x and y buttons on QTE finishers is giving me issues. Not sure what causing it but I gotta jam the shit out of the controller to have the meter move for those moments.

Green Yoshi

Closing Comments:

Ride to Hell: Retribution is an offensive abomination of a game. Once the laughter from its ineptitude wears off, it becomes insulting that Deep Silver thought the game was polished enough to actually produce hard copies and charge thirty dollars for them. We’ll avoid the “worst games ever” aggrandizement, but know that Ride to Hell: Retribution may truly be one of the worst games of this generation. Literally nothing here works: the QTE-filled fighting, motorcycle mechanics, gunplay, voice acting and music and are all some of the worst to come out of a release from a major publisher. A failed project that should have been scrapped, Ride to Hell: Retribution represents and includes everything bad about video games.

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2013/06/26/review-ride-to-hell-retribution/

To Deep Silver, I can say only this: how dare you? How dare you charge $29.99 for a game that would be theft at a third of that price? How dare you resurrect a game that should have stayed canceled in 2009? How dare you? Any goodwill you may have earned from customers in your years of existence will be absolutely ruined by the release of this squalid little mutant of a game.

No word exists for the level of disgust I have for everybody involved in its blasphemous making.

http://www.destructoid.com/review-ride-to-hell-retribution-257053.phtml

In Germany it costs even 49,99€.

But at least one develo ehm person likes the game:

Absolutely and utterly captivating from start to finish, this game not only plays extremely well, seldom breaking the action for exposition, but it is also a stunning and innovative leap forward in graphics technology, it actually felt like I was speeding down the highway in Texas at 200m/h, and the blood seemed to real that I genuinely felt bad for maiming my AI enemies.

Story-wise, this game captures and manipulates some extremely shocking themes, and provides the player with several ethical and political quandaries and debates. The sex scenes in particular are rather tasteful and well-done, and the protagonist is a rich character whose astonishing voice actor only aids in the creation of one of gaming's most beloved characters.

In short, buy this game, it is one of the best out there, and one of the very few games that actually attempt to push the boundaries of what we have come to expect as gamers.

A masterpiece from start to finish

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/ride-to-hell-retribution

dreamfall

It looks like utter shit- and yet , I'm excited by it for some reason. Hell, I finished yet another playthrough of The Lost and Damned to get excited.

Road rage, QTEs, mildly offensive B grade script- I do love awful games !

It looks like utter shit- and yet , I'm excited by it for some reason. Hell, I finished yet another playthrough of The Lost and Damned to get excited.

Road rage, QTEs, mildly offensive B grade script- I do love awful games !

Yeah... it's a special kind of love. I understand it. lol

shaowebb

About to live stream this in just a minute www.twitch.tv/slasherjpc

Oh My GOD this is the most hilariously bad piece of shit I've seen You gotta get in here guys!

XD

"Cherry pie" as a one liner? AHAHAHAHA!!! XD

EDIT: In the past 15 minutes I've seen 6 load screens and scene him have sex through the clothes with two different women all the while with the worst jaw physics and animation imaginable for dialogue and hanky panky janky.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Reading through Destructoid's review, two things became apparent: that Eutechnyx should stick to NASCAR sims, and Jim Sterling needs a hug. Badly.

Oh god, it's not even the "so bad it's good" kind of crap. QTE bike combat, come on now

I'm almost ashamed for bumping this thread

Yeah the combat off your bike isn't much better, though upgradable. Yet on a biking game... how are you going to make the BIKE COMBAT QTE.... utter disbelief on that.

I do not know what is wrong with me but all this talk about how bad is the game and those videos I am really in a mood to play it. I am feeling an urge to check this. Help.

ironcreed

Banned
"Ya how to move, tiny? This un's just like a skinny old baby cow, ain't he?"

Looks like one of the most patched up, half-baked botch jobs in recent memory. It might be worth it for the laughs at around 5 bucks, but at $30.00? They must be kidding. You can actually get a quality game like Call of Juarez: Gunslinger for $15.00.

Was this the motorcycle game that got a game informer cover a few years back? Was open world and seemed pretty neat, if not can someone remind me of what it was? My memory might be playing tricks but I don't think so.

Produce

You know, the icing on this shit cake is the PSN version crashing during the sex scene with the very first lady you save (in front of the hotel).

Install corrupted my arse. So glad I dodged paying $69AUD for this.

You know, the icing on this shit cake is the PSN version crashing during the sex scene with the very first lady you save (in front of the hotel).

That sex scene is one of the most hilarious things i've seen in a game. It's a shame that the Giant Bomb Quick Look skipped over it.

I was interested in this but after watching a gameplay walkthrough on Youtube it just looks terrible.

Is there any impressions from fellow GAFfers on this? I mean i don't mind ''rough games'' but this one looks hilariously bad.

Jac_Solar

I played like 1 hour of it, and it is most certainly not open world. It's probably one of the most linear games of all time - almost more so than a 2d platformer.

The game throws you around from riding a bike, doing a regular level with the main character, and walking around a small area of a desert town. Everything is separated by a loading screen. If you go too far in the town, the game tells you to return to the main area. In the bike levels, you're forced to ride a straight line, basically -- if you try to reverse, the game resets you automatically. There's a slide button, and if you take too long, the game resets you. Basically, if you're not moving forwards, the game instantly resets you. The physics are terrible. There's also a fighting element on the bike; suddenly, some NPC's that appear out of nowhere will stick to you like glue, and you're forced to tap a random button to punch em away.

The regular levels have some degree of freedom; you can walk backwards. You need to fight through the levels -- but it's not a lot of fun, since the physics, animations, fighting etc is terrible.

There was also a cutscene almost every 2 minute (Not in the levels.). You play for 2 minutes, a cutscene appears. Then another cutscene. Then you get to play for 2 more minutes, and a cutscene appears. Then another. Then another. I'm not sure if it continues like this throughout the game, but it was just ridiculous.

Because it sure looks like the same game. Same engine even.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0oAyTN-iqI

So they tried to sell everyone on an open world biker game when it's really a Dead 2 Rights: Retribution reskin sans dog. Who do they think they're trying to fool?

I've also only played like 1 hour of that game, but this one is far worse.

I wonder why Deep Silver actually went through with the development of this game? The game was announced in 08 and there were some impressions in 09, but from then until this year it went completely dark. And from that time until now it also changed heavily from being an open world game to being extremely linear. It just seems like it'd been a good idea to just kill the project instead of trying to change it.

Stimpack

This game is simply delightful. To those who question whether or not video games are art, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you your Sistine Chapel.

Produce

After deleting the game, reinstalling it, I found out it is the DLC that is causing the game to shit itself during the sex scene.

I wonder what kind of crack they were on when they decided to ship this.

Robso

Does anybody else, with a 16:9 aspect ratio monitor, suffer from having huge black borders in this game? I can deal with smaller ones but the size of the two borders combined is bigger than the gameplay itself. :(

mujun

This is probably the worst game I've ever played quality wise this gen. I say that as someone who has played a bunch of crappy games.

sunnz

So I was left VERY disappointed.

SO sad, back when it was first announced ( 2 to 4 years ago) I was excited, sad to see it turn into this pile of crap.

Glad I didn't buy it.

Alphahawk

Giant Bomb did a quicklook of this about a week ago. Within the first 30 minutes there's about 5 minutes worth of gameplay. That was enough to turn me off.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-10-ride-to-hell-retribution-review

1/10

Top Bottom