• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIME (PS4, Sony/Tequilaworks) is using Unreal Engine 4

Finalizer

SDsPaOj.jpg

VanWinkle

Yoshida said he wanted to bring DD only games to retail.

Yeah. But the main part is "go all out", meaning a retail title's worth of content. I'm still SO excited, don't get me wrong. I just want it to be even more than it likely will be, being a DD game.

Nice, looks like UE4 is going to produce some fantastic results. Rime is one of my most anticipated games. It just looks gorgeous and has that ICO vibe.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This is the only game that makes me mad that I won't be buying a Xbox One any time soon. I really want this. Once MS lowers the price and ditches Kinect, this will be mine. In the mean time, I'm praying for a PC or PS4 port.

I have good news for you: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=647535

http://www.capybaragames.com/2013/08/pause/

Hey folks! It might seem like ages ago, but E3 was crazy for us. Phil Spencer walked out on stage at Microsoft’s press conference in a Capy shirt and introduced a teaser trailer for our newest game, BELOW. Later that week we showed another trailer for Below as a part of HORIZON (which was the greatest). The reaction from fans, press and colleagues was amazing – we’re so glad that you’re all as excited about Below as we are.

However, because of the way the game was announced & discussed in the press, there was naturally a little bit of confusion after the dust settled. And that confusion stuck around. So, to clear things up, we wanted to take a quick second and answer your number one question:

Like many games on stage at E3, Below will be available on the Xbox One first. Then, after a period of time, CAPY can bring it elsewhere. It’s always been this way.

JordanN

Banned
So, where did the "unreal only does brown" thing come from? That sounds absurd.

"Error. Your texture 'BrickWall.png' can not be loaded. Reason: Too many shades of red. Tone it down will ya!"

One of the most gorgeous games I've ever seen from what's been shown so far. Perfect marriage between a painterly style and the benefits of higher resolution. Looks like wind waker had a baby with ico and kinda sorta the indie game "Proteus". Great use of color palette. My most anticipated PS4 game by far.
Proteus-2013-01-04-%5B96;uP;uB;55673686%5D-0008.png

i-Lo

The game looks unlike a product of previous iteration of unreal engine. Perhaps it will be for the better this time around.

Skilletor

Mirror's Edge used DICE's own lighting engine, which was the reason why it didn't look like 99% of UE3 games.

Rime looks great so hopefully this is a good sign for UE4. Here's hoping they also fixed the texture streaming.

I don't think lighting had anything to do with Mirror's Edges colors. :p

Cool.

Now someone explain to me the low res 2D sprites they use as vegetation please. Isn't it supposed to be amazing and detailed, DX11, next gen, and shit ?

Everything else looks top notch to me. Like Wind Waker x Ico

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Cool.

Now someone explain to me the low res 2D sprites they use as vegetation please. Isn't it supposed to be amazing and detailed, DX11, next gen, and shit ?

Everything else looks top notch to me. Like Wind Waker x Ico

They're a pretty small studio.

They might just not have had time/resources to create highly detailed vegetation in the style they wanted.

Yeah, I'm expecting about that, though who knows really, being this early.

I think The Witness is DD right? And that's like 20 hours long or so apparently.
Maybe this is an exception too.
But to be honest, I hope it's like ICO, 5 hours or so, completable in one sitting, blows your mind, kind of experience :D

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I was more referring to the UE3 "look". Everything's so shiny it looks like plastic and there's a ton of bump mapping everywhere.

Generally that was the result of the original lighting engine they shipped which a lot of developers didn't stop using until Lightmass came out and their current project shipped.

Hope it comes out as pretty as it's looked thus far

Game looks great presently although not sure how accurate what we've seen is

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
So, where did the "unreal only does brown" thing come from? That sounds absurd.

"Error. Your texture 'BrickWall.png' can not be loaded. Reason: Too many shades of red. Tone it down will ya!"

Apparently some people who criticize games all day long on the internet don't actually have any idea how engines work. Who knew.

You obviously have no clue what Derivative means.

It's kind of hard to argue this isn't taking a lot of inspiration from Ico.

You can easily argue that calling a game derivative is like calling the sky blue, but that's a separate point.

Top Bottom