• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox One demo available

Okay, so I feel like I should let everyone know, this demo is only 2% of the game from what I played. Its a little less then an hour long before the demo prompts you to buy the full game.

Bgamer90

Banned
Okay, so I feel like I should let everyone know, this demo is only 2% of the game from what I played. Its a little less then an hour long before the demo prompts you to buy the full game.

Wow, really? Messed up that they make you download the 21 GB then. It's good if you're planning on buying the game later on though.

TheYanger

so what do you think they should do?

Nothing? If you want to play the game now, there is a way to do it. At this point what you're asking for is basically port begging. They're obligated to do what they're already doing, so 'should' doesn't enter into the equation. That's like me saying I think Sony should release Bloodborne on Pc and Xbox, it has no position in reality.

I'll give this a try on my setup. I use a benq monitor that is well rated for low input delay, used in fighting game tournaments and csgo and such.

I sold my copy before playing it with the weird meijer $50 trade in thing so I might just wait for ps4 if I notice input lag.

Yeah I'm confused. What are the limitations of the demo?

Edit: I see like an hour.
Basically, a demo won't register on your gamertag and can't earn you achievements. A trial will do both. Trials also tend to be bigger (basically the full game but with locked content).

It's confusing and I've seen complaints about it, but that's how MS does it.

etta

my hard graphic balls
This game doesn't have input lag issues..., it has deadzone issues.
The deadzone is absolutely massive, I'd estimate around 15%-20%.

Wow, really? Messed up that they make you download the 21 GB then. It's good if you're planning on buying the game later on though.

So basically you download the full game but 98% of it is locked unless you hit the pay button.
Wtf, 1 hour is pretty good for a demo. Not to mention some of that percentage is for collectibles and what not.

TheYanger

An hour...so I'm guessing you don't get to go to the first open hub zone then? (It's quite big, you'd know when you got there). Probably around the bear?

FATALITY

Banned
Nothing? If you want to play the game now, there is a way to do it. At this point what you're asking for is basically port begging. They're obligated to do what they're already doing, so 'should' doesn't enter into the equation. That's like me saying I think Sony should release Bloodborne on Pc and Xbox, it has no position in reality.
lol port begging.
the game will release on pc and ps4.
bloodborne will never release on pc and xbox...ever.

etta

my hard graphic balls
It's been two hours and my install is at 76%. This is rough. I hope install times improve as this generation goes on.
It either has to do with your download speed or Xbox Live's servers being dodgy when you were downloading it.
It has nothing to do with installation.

hawk2025

The install through the disc shouldn't take more than 15 or so minutes, at least that's how much it took me day one. If you are downloading the whole thing, YMMV of course.

That is a pretty bad analogy.

This game doesn't have input lag issues..., it has deadzone issues.
The deadzone is absolutely massive, I'd estimate around 15%-20%.

It has both.

ClearData

It either has to do with your download speed or Xbox Live's servers being dodgy when you were downloading it.
It has nothing to do with installation.

Hm. Possibly. I have a pretty fast connection but the install time after download is still talking a bit. I'm averaging maybe 2% every five minutes.

Demo is pointless. They should breach the contract with Microsoft and release the ultimate definitive plus edition on PS4 and PC right now. I'm concerned about its sales.

ClearData

Demo is pointless. They should breach the contract with Microsoft and release the ultimate definitive plus edition on PS4 and PC right now. I'm concerned about its sales.

The demo is about the best thing they can do right now to boost sales on Xbox One going into winter sales. It's actually pretty smart now that the hubbub over Fallout and other titles has quieted down. People might pick ROTTR for cheap to play over the holiday.

They would be mad to beach contact with one of the biggest corporations on the world. Do you realize how badly Microsoft would go after them for such an action? They already renegotiated once, allegedly, and that pushed the PS4 release to holiday 2016. The best Square can hope for is that word of mouth and marketing push sales of the PC and PS4 versions next Spring and Winter.

Ktsdaddy

Demo/trial is pretty bad ass! Hooked me quick. I liked the last one, this seems to have much better visuals and feels good. Hope I can rent it or find it cheap. I scored metal gear solid 5 for 10 bux, should I play that or this over break? Not sure I have time for both

KodaRuss

I dont need a demo to decide whether I will like it or not. Just going to keep waiting for it to release on a different console.

Just finished it last friday...fantastic game! Everyone who loved the reboot should try this. Easily in my top 3 of 2015. The game is not trying to do something new, but the hell with that. Just feels like playing an Indiana Jones movie on a rainy, sunday afternoon.

Regarding the input lag...If you turn all the bells and whistles off on your tv, input lag should not a problem at all.

Dahaka

I don't have it yet.

Square's Fuckup is inexcusable. CD poured a lot of heart in this game, it deserved better sales and especially fucking better release date. Beginning of December could have been it, but no. Probably gonna double dip. Play this around Christmas and get it again for PC in autumn/winter 2016.

hie

I dont need a demo to decide whether I will like it or not. Just going to keep waiting for it to release on a different console.

This post is funny to me for some reason. I mean...do you have a One or not? Are you really making a choice?

TheYanger

lol port begging.

And yet here you are begging for them to release it a year early, if you want to play the game now there is a way for you to do so, that's the whole point. If I want to play bloodborne, there are ways for me to do so.

Theorry

Lots of salt in this thread. Jeez.

Great that they do this. I mean this kind of stuff also convinced me to buy Sunset Overdrive when they released a trial.

KORNdoggy

21gig for a demo? hmmm, no thanks.

first time i've seen a demo for a while though. but i guess when you're a commercial flop only good things can come of it...you'd hope.

lol port begging.
Then wait for the release on those platforms. PC is coming early 2016, they already said as much. Your console of choice has to wait a bit longer.

FATALITY

Banned
And yet here you are begging for them to release it a year early, if you want to play the game now there is a way for you to do so, that's the whole point. If I want to play bloodborne, there are ways for me to do so.

lol begging. do you even know what that means?
isnt other way around? why do you think they release this demo?

Raylan

Banned
game looks amazing on XBO, and 1080p for the few that care.

Sqpcoyp.gif

Top Bottom