• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games potentially hints at Red Dead sequel on Twitter [Up: New Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going for prequel too due to what we 'know' about the map.
Red Dead Retribution. You play as a lawman with a grudge going up against Dutch's gang.

jett

D-Member
Something like Undead Nightmare is ripe for multiplayer too though. So there's no reason why an expanded online mode for the game is going to prevent that from being made.

GTAV's problem was..... I... don't know. I can't explain why they never made single player DLC for it. Maybe they just didn't have manpower because they were making... RDR2. :p

It's such a waste too. There are so many unused locations in GTAV.

Guess who isn't hyped about this nonscence? Me, that's whom! I simply want RDR, Revolver and the entire catalogue of Rockstar titles on Steam for purchase.

Smuggler's Run, make it happen soon!

SomTervo

I think it's the worst game they've ever made. I've literally never played a game with worse combat.

I think the other GTA games have worse combat. V excluded perhaps (especially on PC).

At least RDR had excellent Euphoria and decals going for it. Shooting people indoors was excellent even if most of the combat was your typical GTA scrappy stuff.

silva1991

So we are expecting a trailer in 2 days?

this one is great,,,

https://twitter.com/P_TroLling/status/788296579056885760

JQ97Nlq.gif

This one is great.

bunkitz

That online thing's probably just what GTA Online was to GTAV, right? Would be sorely disappointed if the next game was actually online.

I wasn't a big fan of Red Dead Redemption, in that despite enjoying it a lot, it just didn't really blow me away or click with me. I'm still excited for this, though, for its cultural (gaming culture, I mean) significance. Hopefully, it'll be the first Rockstar game I end up truly liking.

Gta 5 had Grand Theft Auto Online. I don't understand why people are up in arms over Red Dead having Online again but ala gta 5 style?

Are people thinking this game will be online only or something because there will definitely be single player

Hip Hop

Gta 5 had Grand Theft Auto Online. I don't understand why people are up in arms over Red Dead having Online again but ala gta 5 style?

Are people thinking this game will be online only or something because there will definitely be single player

Yes, that's what they are thinking and it's dumb tbh.

online only will absolutely not happen. it's impossible.

Simo

Because people are stupid. Of course it's not going to be online only, what Rockstar game ever has been? lol

Betty

Banned

GTAV has been a money making machine precisely because of the online component.

Hell we'd probably have GTAVI by now if the online wasn't so successful.

I can see them going online only for Red Dead but I hope they don't.

Alienous

I don't think anyone's suggesting online only, just online focused.

If you could play GTA Online while offline it could still pass as a playable game - it has characters, missions with cutscenes, progression, etc. The suggestion, I believe, is that Red Dead Ronline could be an extension of that concept as the core game. It's the Wild West - form posses, compete for bounties, collaborate on missions, that sort of thing.

Well if we are talking about the online portion Here is my take on what i would like:

Imagine if the online was Jobs related, instead of a building you own like gta 5 you have a town or something where you can give other players roles.

So like in gta5 you can have loads of crew members. instead of the crew just staying there running around why not assign them jobs? The leader gives them missions to do that will benefit both the town and the player doing the job and if the leader is not doing what he is suppost to then create a mutiny within the town and assign a new leader

I might not have said it correctly but thats my idea on what i would like in the Online part of the game.

Oh and not forgetting Train Heists!

Symphonia

Banned
Even if it was "shitty", and I don't think it's amazing, the game has one of the best open world SP campaigns ever. It's definitely a top tier GTA game.
I don't think it's shitty. I play GTAO daily, with various members of NeoGAF. It's far from being an awful game, and it's certainly not shitty.

Shredderi

No prequels please. Prequels can't have the same tension because you know how that character ends up. Completely new charaters please, and I think that's exactly what will happen.

I'm against this new Rockstar we've got, where they now see how much money they can make off of online and staggered releases, and don't release any single-player DLC.

GTAV has been a money making machine precisely because of the online component.

Hell we'd probably have GTAVI by now if the online wasn't so successful.

I can see them going online only for Red Dead but I hope they don't.

I can see the reasoning behind it, and I am sure other studios would do it if they were in this position, however I don't see Rockstar doing it. Their games sell so much, because they take their time and release a highly polished, in-depth and complete game. They aren't in a position where they need to rush or skip the SP mode, they will release it when it is done. Also, despite how much money GTA Online made them, GTAV still sold all those copies with a SP mode, so I think it would be a bit foolish not putting one in their next game, as they will want this to appeal to the broadest possible audience and won't want to risk it by taking any chances.

Kouichi

How was GTA online? I never had an interest in GTAV but I always wanted to play the online component. Heck, I was hoping GTA online would have a separate release so I can just buy that.

Does a Red Dead version of that sound appealing to the people who've played it?

Scrawnton

How was GTA online? I never had an interest in GTAV but I always wanted to play the online component. Heck, I was hoping GTA online would have a separate release so I can just buy that.

I enjoyed "playing" GTA Online, but in order to play it you had to cross your fingers and wait for a super long load/connect time. It's terrible...

Simo

Great fun with friends because you could ignore the missions and just carve out your own activity and have a blast because of how big of a sandbox you had. The main issue is how Rockstar kept tweaking the mission payout so the majority of the time the amount sum just wasn't worth it. The heists helped and were great but having to keep grinding those to get a substantial amount of money for your character for say a new place, vehicles or weapons wasn't so much fun. lol

A Red Dead version could be perfect as long as everything isn't geared towards microtransactions to get ahead and well...I dunno about that. lol Still though RDR multiplayer was awesome and I sank a lot of time into that so I'll be down with whatever online portion they have.

If you're willing to drop lots of cash on microtransactions it's brilliant!

gocubs

GTA V online was great with friends but if you played by yourself you would get killed all the time. Red Dead's multiplayer was ok it had free roam and your typical online modes.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.

it's a good idea and has a lot of cool stuff that the story mode game doesn't have but it requires grinding if you want to buy stuff. the missions aren't always that great. they are mostly user made. so it does get boring. of course if you rather not spend a lot of time grinding Rockstar will have you know you can buy Shark Cards with real money.

I think they could make a successful Red Dead Online. a lot of stuff could be transferred over and given a new name. instead of biker gangs you could create a posse, go do bank heists, buy land/stables so you have a home and place to keep your horses. of course a horse is a horse...in GTA Online they can sell you all sorts of fancy cars/helicopters/aeroplanes. i think there will some stuff that just don't work.

Simo

I've had hundreds of hours of fun without spending a single penny. You get a crazy amount of cash if you come first in races...which isn't hard with how recklessly people drive.

Yeah there's tons of variety in GTAO. I barely touched the races, never done a rally and I've barely jumped in any of the various game modes they have. I most just stuck to free roam.

GTA Online is hit or miss. In some ways, you get this truly emergent gameplay in a GTA Open world doing things you've always wanted, but in many other ways it took a significant step back from the GTA IV multiplayer trying to create a cohesive world. Lobby issues have plagued the game since launch, and also the nature of the audience that plays it leads to a very small amount of people playing the modes with good gameplay, and instead, focusing on grinding in order to make fake videogame money.

Also some other design decisions throughout the lifetime of the product were just baffling, things like mimicking the car insurance agency, initially there was a death penalty of a percentage of your money every time you died, and plenty of other decisions where you sit and think "Why would anybody implement this in a videogame..."

duckroll

Terrible loading, unstable servers, matchmaking early on was a pain in the ass even with a friendlist. Economy was poorly balanced, many events were repetitive.

But those times where against all odds you get a group of friends together in a server and nothing goes wrong, the hours you spent together doing jobs, chilling, or just fucking around with other players, will,be the best open world online experience ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom