• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rosie O'Donnell open to portraying Steve Bannon on Saturday Night Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0523

It's a win-win either way. I love that Bannon is being portrayed as Death Himself. But on the other hand, Rosie O'Donnell would do quite well, AND she would piss off Trump hard. Go for it.

D i Z

It would be an epic dig at Trump. Could have been better served as a last minute reveal though. Dude would have been livid if it came out of nowhere. The Tweets would have been pure mania.

Snaku

Banned
Cmon Lorne Michaels, make this happen. This has been SNL's destiny from the very beginning, to ether this administration into implosion.

Zach

Surely they can find someone better than Rosie. She doesn't have the comedic ability to do this justice.

But she has the history of being relentlessly attacked by the president. I'm sure she could bring some genuine hot fire.

I say make it happen.

Surely they can find someone better than Rosie. She doesn't have the comedic ability to do this justice.
Doesn't matter. The mere idea of her playing the role is funny enough to make up for any possible shortcomings. Trump hates her more than he hates China. It would kill him.

Or Howard Stern
VuvZ3.png

She should be played by skelator from masters of the universe.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I wonder how the current cast feels about key political targets being played by part-timers.

Probably depends. Alec Baldwin as Trump was Tina Feys idea so that makes sense. Rosie just wants to do it because she hates Trump. It isn't funny when you force it. The Spicer skit came out of no where and was generally funny. Rosie hasn't been in anything in forever and tossing her in to piss him off isn't funny. It will just cause Trump to say they are very bias.

No, part of what made McCarthy such a delightfully damaging choice for the psyche of Trump supporters is that many of them loved her in the first place.

Probably depends. Alec Baldwin as Trump was Tina Feys idea so that makes sense. Rosie just wants to do it because she hates Trump. It isn't funny when you force it. The Spicer skit came out of no where and was generally funny. Rosie hasn't been in anything in forever and tossing her in to piss him off isn't funny. It will just cause Trump to say they are very bias.

It would be funny because she could be a dead ringer for Bannon, it would be a perfect stunt casting, AND because it'd get under Trump's skin.

Trump will say they are biased regardless. He's just noise.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
It would be funny because she could be a dead ringer for Bannon, it would be a perfect stunt casting, AND because it'd get under Trump's skin.

Trump will say they are biased regardless. He's just noise.

When was the last she was in anything? I don't think shoehorning people into SNL because it pisses off Trump. Don't turn SNL into every actress or actor that Trump hated get a spot. Just because they look like someone doesn't mean she should be Bannon.

Just checked she was in a bunch of things I don't watch. Still I don't think she should be in it just because.

I don't care who she plays, knowing that the site of Rosie mocking Trump's administration would make his blood pressure rise off the charts is enough for me. I don't like Rosie either, but that shit would be glorious.

sangreal

When was the last she was in anything? I don't think shoehorning people into SNL because it pisses off Trump. Don't turn SNL into every actress or actor that Trump hated get a spot. Just because they look like someone doesn't mean she should be Bannon.

Just checked she was in a bunch of things I don't watch. Still I don't think she should be in it just because.

she was in curb a season or two ago

when is the last time anyone on the snl cast was in anything

She's incredibly talented and funny so she'd kill it. Pissing off Trump would just be icing on the cake. I'm pretty sure Bannon likes Skeletor Bannon anyway so get rid of that.

Surfinn

Oddly don't want this to happen.

Why?

EDIT:

If it's good, who cares?

Hale-XF11

Someone on reddit had the brilliant idea of having Alec play Trump watching and reacting to an episode of SNL where Rosy plays Trump.

antonz

She's incredibly talented and funny so she'd kill it. Pissing off Trump would just be icing on the cake. I'm pretty sure Bannon likes Skeletor Bannon anyway so get rid of that.

I agree. Bannon portrayed as Death is probably something he really enjoys. I mean he said straight up in an interview darth vader, satan etc. all that is great.

The current portrayal plays into exactly what he enjoys. Turn him into Rosie O'Donnell and have her shit all over him and that is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom